What do people misunderstands about you?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
thedarkdefender
Regular
Projects: TBTR
Organization: Clockwork Cafe

Re: What does people misunderstands about you?

#46 Post by thedarkdefender »

azureXtwilight wrote:Speaking of bloodtypes, I always thought I was an AB ever since it got tested in elementary school. And now it's A when my college test it. Weird.
All my life I believed my blood type was A, but turns out mine's B. The weirder thing is that neither of my parents' blood type is B. :shock:

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#47 Post by enta »

@thedarkdefender:

Blood type B people were always, and will always be mistaken as an A even though we are the complete opposite of them Dx

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#48 Post by merdeamour »

All my life I believed my blood type was A, but turns out mine's B. The weirder thing is that neither of my parents' blood type is B. :shock:
I'm the only O in the family. Out of seven kids, I'm the only O o.O
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#49 Post by TsukiShima »

I guess people usually label me as 'cold' or 'arrogant', while I'm actually just shy. I don't have enough courage to talk to others, I can't even talk about random stuff casually.

I guess that's why I'm a Dandere ^^'

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#50 Post by dramspringfeald »

*What do people misunderstand about you?

Please fix it...
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

FailedSanity
Regular

#51 Post by FailedSanity »

Americans are more likely to talk about their horoscope sign than their blood type, which is the same sort of thing - simple personality synopsis that is generalized to fit nearly anyone. I'm not a big believer in them; I'd much rather go by a person's Hogwarts House. Which, by the way, I'm a Hufflepuff. :)

And, more on topic:
I go to a lot of anime conventions, three or four a year for the last five years. But without fail, every year someone misunderstands my unbridled enthusiasm and assumes it's my first convention. I just get so excited to meet new people and have fun, and get a lot of "knowing looks" from other con veterans.
It's kind of funny though, since by this point I run photoshoots and panels, and am making plans to table in the artist alley this year. I get recognized by people who attend the same kind of events as I do all the time, even out of cosplay. But since I'm not jaded, and am unembarrassed to literally jump up and down with glee for a favorite Guest of Honor, I get the following conversation all the time:

"Ah, first convention, I see?"
"No, actually! This is con number twelve? Thirteen? Thirteen, I think."
"......oh."
artist otome game fan art tumblr

Cabriolean
Regular

#52 Post by Cabriolean »

pwisaguacate wrote:
Applegate wrote:
enta wrote:No, they base it on your personality, how you act or you keep your things. I seem to act like type A a lot.

I think this blood type stuff is only known in Japan?
Probably. Could you explain how it works for me?
It's predominant in Japan but is also popular in other places including Taiwan and South Korea. Googling "blood type cultural" returns me many entries pointing to Japan on personality traits associated with blood type: [wiki] [Japan Today]

While the idea may be interesting, blood typing often leads to discrimination: [Scientific American]

"What's your blood type?" is like an Eastern counterpart of "What's your sign?"
If you assign points to them, adding 1 point for each one that kind of matches, two for one that is spot on and the reverse for things that don't really match, and things that are completely wrong, if the person doesn't fall one way or the other, I won't add or subtract anything.

I don't believe in blood type corresponding to personality, my close family are ALL A- my grandmother, my parents, my 3 sisters.......

I am the antithesis of an A, I correspond to 2 out of 10 traits, and of the remaining 8, 5 (or a synonym of them) appear on the list of words least likely to describe me, it was a thing we did and you could only list 7 words, and they were voted on......
My A score: -4
My B score: 8
My AB score: 5
My O score: 7

My mother corresponds comparatively well to it, matching 6 out of 10, to a fair degree, but not much more than your average person. And she is definitely not reserved or patient and she is slightly less responsible and sensible than average.
A score: 1
B score: 2
AB score: -1
O score: 8

Getting kind of bored:
My 16 year old sister is stubborn, but that's pretty much it.

My dad matches very well

My 14 year old sister is earnest and can be overearnest, but that's pretty much it.

Basically apart from my dad, everyone else would have scored more accurately as a B. It would probably have done better by chance

My older sister is fairly similar to me. Also most European people, as far as I know tend towards A or O, I know basically no Bs and blood type varies more upon location and genetics than personality, it seems odd that whole nations of people have certain personality types they tend towards, especially when these are fairly dissimilar and so are unlikely to be due to cultural influence.

So, I don't really believe in it, also with the whole http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect everyone has some extent of all of those personality traits in them

ViRiX Dreamcore
Regular
Projects: Lost Girl

#53 Post by ViRiX Dreamcore »

Whoa so that's what all the blood types mean. No wonder I see it on all the character profiles. And here's me wondering "Why the heck does that matter?" Hm I guess it'd be interesting to figure out which one I match the most. I'm a libra though and for the most part, I think I fit it pretty well. As for the Dragon, that's my Chinese sign and I only fit part of those.

It's all interesting, but I still base people more on their actual character rather then when they were born or what blood type they have.

As for what people misunderstand about me? Hm well...

--One big thing is that I'm HALF (legally) blind, so if I don't carry around a cane then people thinkk I can see perfectly ('cause I play video games and stuff)
--Then they think I'm weird, stupid, or mentally disabled because I can't see something so I look strange trying to see it.
--And if I have my cane, people think I'm completely blind which then comes with all the other common misunderstandings of blind people in general.
----They can't go anywhere by themselves.
----They can't walk
----they can't take care of themselves
----they can't use ANY piece of technology (Blind people are actually rather good with computers and use stuff like iPhones and android tablets all the time)

In other categories:
I'm African American:
So people assume
---I like rap music (I don't)
---I "make beats" (I don't "make beats" I produce music for multimedia. Check out the links in my sig and you'll see what I mean)

Sometimes people think I'm angry or rude because I don't immediately notice them or have a somewhat upset facial expression on my face.
--- nine times out of ten, I don't see them, so I don't say anything or if they say "hi" in passing, I don't realize who it is quick enough to really say a genuine "Hey what's up?" back, so it just ends up being a generic "Oh hey"

So yep that's about it... oh and just a note, there's no point in feeling sorry. Heck, I don't feel sorry for me, why should anyone else?
Music and sound effects
SoundCloud | YouTube | Facebook
Free SFX and music
OpenGameArt
Let me know if you'd like some help.

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#54 Post by Talann »

People mistake me for being lively, talkative, and hyper (24/7)
But honestly, when I first meet someone new or older than me, I am so quiet and shy that I am scared to even talk to them T~T
Also, people do mistake me for being smart and good-girl type.
That's not me. I am like worst enemies with studying - and I never have been a good girl. I do stuff without getting caught you see. Even if I do get caught, I blame it on someone else.
So yeah :D

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#55 Post by enta »

dramspringfeald wrote:*What do people misunderstand about you?

Please fix it...
Sorry, English is not my first language. orz

Fixed it.

marshmello

Re: What do people misunderstands about you?

#56 Post by marshmello »

Let's seee:

I always get mistaken for a younger age. I'm like five feet, grade 9 and I still have people who ask if I'm in grade 5 or something. It's not so bad but still.
People tend to think I'm Korean, but I'm actually Chinese.
Some people think that I'm very serious, I never have fun and I enjoy homework. In fact, I am supposedly always annoyed or sad and I totally never smile.
Definitely not true!

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#57 Post by lemonscent »

Zylinder wrote:That I am an asshole.

I'm not saying that I'm not, and it is very likely that I am, but people I don't even know look at me and they think I am an arrogant, stand-offish, humorless stick in the mud.

They tell me "I thought you were a jerk before I knew you...", "You looked so angry", "I was so afraid to talk to you," etc.etc. after two years of knowing me, which I suppose means I have a very unlovable face.

This amuses me a lot.

Omg lol, story of my life. Right there.

It doesn't help that I'm the stereotypical Asian kid with super slanty & tiny eyes, no double eyelids. And it's funny because all the other Asians I know have huge eyes... Q___Q
marshmello wrote:People tend to think I'm Korean, but I'm actually Chinese.
Now that's really surprising for me. Everyone thinks I'm Chinese (and I know several people who thought Asia was a country / China was the only country in Asia / etc.), and once I say no, they ask me if I'm Japanese. It's like, sorry hun, but I'm Korean... orz It's like that for my other Asian friends, too; "Chinese" seems to be the default Asian country in the United States, probably because of the huge number of Chinese people.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Mikiri

#58 Post by Mikiri »

What do people misunderstand about me?

-Probably that I'm always angry. I'm a girl, but my voice is rather low by nature. When I speak to people, they're like "Woah, no need to be so angry!" And that is what makes me angry :?
-Also, that I'm an innocent girl. It's totally the opposite, I'm a real pervy :twisted:
-As well, that I'm the studious type and that I learn a lot. But that's wrong, I tend to play way more than study :lol:

piano

#59 Post by piano »

People don't seem to understand that I am happy being single.

There seems to be a mentality in society that if you aren't attached to the hip with someone as you grow older, there must be something wrong with you. If you're a guy, you're considered a loser. If you're a girl, you're considered a prude. It's neither. Some people find joy in their independence, and spend each day trying to discover new about themselves. There is the assumption that I'm in denial, lonely or too shy/inexperienced at the idea of love or relationships. The truth is, I'm not going out of my way to put myself in that situation. I'm happy!

If love comes my way, I'll accept it. But for now, I'm just enjoying what life gives me and trying to make the best of it!

deviltales
Regular

#60 Post by deviltales »

piano wrote:People don't seem to understand that I am happy being single.
story of my love life lol. :lol:
They don't understand you neither when you're blind-dating many guys for a good match, and they see you instantly as a player. :lol:
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.