What do people misunderstands about you?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

What do people misunderstands about you?

#1 Post by enta »

Just curious :wink:

----Because I'm always misunderstood!

1. I am, from head to toe, a bloodtype B but everyone thinks I was an A. >:T
2. I had a few experiences where I would be mistaken as a man. I have a short hair right now so it makes it more misunderstanding :lol:
3. I'm more geekier than what they think and I don't really like studying at all... but ALL the people around me had the impression I love studying and DOES nothing but studying when all I do was play games and woo boys on the screen :lol:

So, do you have anything that people misunderstood you about? Or perhaps I'm the only person who had such misunderstandings and experiences in this whole wide world :lol:
Last edited by enta on Sun May 12, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: What does people misunderstands about you?

#2 Post by SusanTheCat »

enta wrote: 2. I had a few experiences where I would be mistaken as a man. I have a short hair right now so it makes it more misunderstanding :lol:
I get that a lot. I even had people comment about the "gay" couple when I was with my boyfriend. (Mind you, I was about 20cm taller than him)

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#3 Post by Sharm »

When I was in high school I had a reputation for studying, even though I actually still have no idea how to study. People just saw me with a book at all times and thought it meant I must be good at school. Nobody seemed to notice or care that I was only reading fantasy books. I went through a small rebellious phase where I read instead of paying attention in class or doing homework and got a kick out of people's expressions when I told them I was failing a few classes.

People also get my age very wrong. At the moment the random people I meet think I'm just entering my 20's. I'm in my mid 30's. When I was younger people kept telling me I'd appreciate it when I got older but at the moment all that's changed is that I've gotten more annoyed with people treating me like I'm naive and know nothing of how anything works.

I used to surprise people with how strong I was until I got sick. It was fun being a 115 pound girl who could pick up stuff twice my weight. I'm still very strong for my condition, but that just puts me at normal people level so it's not as fun.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#4 Post by Deji »

Sharm wrote: People also get my age very wrong. At the moment the random people I meet think I'm just entering my 20's. I'm in my mid 30's. When I was younger people kept telling me I'd appreciate it when I got older but at the moment all that's changed is that I've gotten more annoyed with people treating me like I'm naive and know nothing of how anything works.
^This xD
Though I have fun at people's expressions when I tell them my age :P I've never met a person that has guessed my age right. Ever.
I like looking younger, since I'm pretty childish and late at experiencing things people my age experienced a lot earlier than me, so it's okay ^^;

People seem to assume that because I work drawing for video games, know about a few video games and I even took a video game-related diploma, I am a gamer. I am not xD I barely play anything myself, I usually just watch my boyfriend play (he is the gamer) :P I just find games pretty and that's what I'd like to be able to help creating ^___^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#5 Post by KittyKatStar »

- my age

A lot. A lot a lot. I'm 26 now, but people have *still* mistaken me for a 14-16 year old. I remember last summer I went to The Bay to get some make-up help (free make-up session) and the artist was adding powder, etc, and asking me questions. I remember joking that I hoped I looked older because people still kept mistaking me for a high schooler. She stopped and went "um, how old are you?" "26" "I thought you were 14... I'll try to make you look older then."

Or when I worked at a fast food place to help pay for college. Since there was *only* one high school in the whole area, people actually thought I was some drop-out. ._. And a lot of high schoolers kept hitting on me. x_X And when my manager learned my age (23 at that time) he kept announcing it to everyone, and everyone treated me differently... Like I wasn't just another kid. XP

It makes me wonder if I also act young/naive... Is it because people already treat me like a kid, so I act like that in return or I just naturally act young/naive so they mistake me as a kid. :lol:

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#6 Post by SundownKid »

Probably that I have a fun-loving, comedic personality, since I both look and act very serious.

Zylinder
Veteran

#7 Post by Zylinder »

That I am an asshole.

I'm not saying that I'm not, and it is very likely that I am, but people I don't even know look at me and they think I am an arrogant, stand-offish, humorless stick in the mud.

They tell me "I thought you were a jerk before I knew you...", "You looked so angry", "I was so afraid to talk to you," etc.etc. after two years of knowing me, which I suppose means I have a very unlovable face.

This amuses me a lot.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Zylinder wrote:That I am an asshole.

I'm not saying that I'm not, and it is very likely that I am, but people I don't even know look at me and they think I am an arrogant, stand-offish, humorless stick in the mud.

They tell me "I thought you were a jerk before I knew you...", "You looked so angry", "I was so afraid to talk to you," etc.etc. after two years of knowing me, which I suppose means I have a very unlovable face.

This amuses me a lot.
LOL, true story for me and my older sister as well. This is because we look alike so we're both feared until now xD

A friend of mine was in a different class last year so I had little time to spend with her so whenever someone from her class wants to talk to her, they'd wait until I was gone or I had stopped talking. And when I was in primary school, my friends recalled that whenever people want to borrow some stuff/tools from me (since I basically had every single thing in my large pencil case), they'd ask for my close friends to get it from me.
I could say that I'm not the nicest person, both appearance and personality wise but it looks like my 'brick-walled' and serious face scares other people to death :'D

And I've always, always, like everytime have my age mistaken like most of the people here but I instead look older. I remember being 12 and people thought that I was about 16-20 ^^;

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#9 Post by latte »

Zylinder wrote:That I am an asshole.

This amuses me a lot.
IKR, an upperclassman at college told me just today that "you sometimes have a 'soon...' face, I thought you hated me". Even though I'm doing my best to smile and make friends Q_Q
It isn't that bad, though. My psycho (actually idle blank stare) expression has now become a joke among classmates and they don't get scared anymore... I think.

All my friends used to think I hated them, too. Sigh.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#10 Post by Kato »

latte wrote: IKR, an upperclassman at college told me just today that "you sometimes have a 'soon...' face, I thought you hated me". Even though I'm doing my best to smile and make friends Q_Q
It isn't that bad, though. My psycho (actually idle blank stare) expression has now become a joke among classmates and they don't get scared anymore... I think.

All my friends used to think I hated them, too. Sigh.
Hehe, I was told the exact same thing in high school all the time :3

I guess for me, mine would be everyone thinking I'm super, out of the way, extroverted. I only started acting like that because people started to expect it of me, but it still feels weird and... wrong, I guess, to be act like it. Most of the time I just want to sit in the background and 'let someone else do it' but now I'm thinking I've been the group clown for too long and I'll be awkwardly dealing with it forever :/
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#11 Post by enta »

...oh yeah, forgot to add about my age!

Me too. I used to be mistaken as a ma'am or mrs.---but lately, it seems like I've aged down because even strangers won't mistook me for a ma'am now.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#12 Post by Obscura »

that i'm gay, male, or white

(yeah, my avatar...not helpful)
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#13 Post by Omnificent »

A certain online friend of mine said something along the lines of imagining me as the guy with the lampshade on my head at the center of the party.

Secretly I'm more of a quiet shut-in who can go days without talking to people.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

EroBotan
Veteran

#14 Post by EroBotan »

So many of Toradora examples in real life XD (for people who don't know Toradora: Ryuji, the main protagonist is a kind hearted man who loves cleaning and cooking, but the look on his face makes everyone who doesn't know him immediately give their wallet and run away while apologizing XD)

DeeKay
Veteran

#15 Post by DeeKay »

Oh, seems fun ! Here we go !

I'm misunderstood in my reactions sometimes, people label me as "playing hard to get" or even tsundere when I'm really not. I do have tsundere-ish reactions at times (hence me joking about it) but nearly not as much as some might think (mostly girls for some reason).
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !