Talent Scout Thread (Man I feel guilty doing this here...)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Yang Sei Fu
Regular

Talent Scout Thread (Man I feel guilty doing this here...)

#1 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Lemma-sama, if I've angered you with this thread, I'm terribly sorry.

Hello everyone, I am Yang Sei Fu, CEO of Project Journeys, a Visual Novel project much similar to Lemma's software.

The project currently is a little shorthanded. We would like anyone who is experienced/talented/skilled/confident in 3D/Good-looking BG creation and anime-CGing to contact us and join our *turns on audacity shield* happy and revolutionary group of extraordinary artists. *turns off audacity shield*

The website with a brief introduction of our project is http://ClearWind.web1000.com and my email... jt_revolution@hotmail.com .

P.S. Lemma, if you know a good CGer who is relatively free, can you recommend him/her to me, thanks a lot!
=/| ClearWind Design Studios |\=

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

No anger! I want to see the english ren'ai community grow, and it would be nice to play english games where I don't know exactly what's going to happen. ^_^;

A couple things, though:
Did you read my handy-dandy game-making rules/tips? http://www.lemmasoft.net/renai/tips.htm
As far as I can tell, you seem to be violating rules 1 and 5, but such is life, I guess... Don't worry, I won't give you the death penalty :P
For future reference, recruitment stuff might be better in the Game Makers' Corner, for anyone who's reading this.

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#3 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

I was afraid of you throwing your book at me, Lemma-sama...

Which is why I'm proud to say that over 5 months of planning (3 used for action, hiring, and unhiring), we have our entire Phase I storyboard planned out and base script done. Only problem is the abandonment of the game Engine, because we're using our new VB engine...

Like I said, I have done some lineart, but I cannot CG and the results from me editing with color are often disasterous. Things will go THAT much more smoothly if we have more artists (3 categories - can be same person: 3D BG; Lineart&Characters; CG, editing and colouring)
I won't even get to movies yet. Music dept. is not exactly CWDS' pride, but we're getting there...slowly.

TGWBTB

#4 Post by TGWBTB »

Ooooo... intreging. I'd love to help, but I... well, I sort of am useless. I'm an okay fiction writer, a lousy artist that won't stop trying, a master of Visual BASIC (not that that helps), a user of RPG Maker 2000 and 2003, and the best Zone of Enders player EVER. But that basically my entire life, summed up. Oh! I'm really good at math, too! Can I help? I work for free! Pweease? :cry:
"Not in the face! Not in the face!"

Yang Sei Fu
Regular

#5 Post by Yang Sei Fu »

Our engine is in VB, but I think our programmer is doing fine now...

Lousy artist? Send me some of your art and we'll see!
Writer...since I'm the writer, sorry.

I will need to see your art skills before I can say any more.