Brutally flaming BlueLemma for not replying

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Realistic

#31 Post by Realistic »

Lillico wrote:
Trinity Riot wrote:You should mass produce those and sell them for profit @_@
mass produced?
@_@
I can't work up the energy to finish one- I'm just going to wait till the last minute ^_^ a trademark of most artists I know ^^;
(*feels weird calling herself an 'artist'*)
look at it this way, at least you CAN draw. I call myself an artist, and i can barely draw beyond simple things (yet!). accutally i dont think im too bad considering i took no lessons, i just watched friends.

ill post an example of what i consider to be my good works later..
-Realistic

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#32 Post by Lillico »

Realistic wrote:
Lillico wrote:
Trinity Riot wrote:You should mass produce those and sell them for profit @_@
mass produced?
@_@
I can't work up the energy to finish one- I'm just going to wait till the last minute ^_^ a trademark of most artists I know ^^;
look at it this way, at least you CAN draw. I call myself an artist, and i can barely draw beyond simple things (yet!). accutally i dont think im too bad considering i took no lessons, i just watched friends.

-Realistic
I'm self taught ^^;; I started collecting manga about 10 years ago- and I just studied and practiced :o

Realistic

#33 Post by Realistic »

Lillico wrote:
Realistic wrote:
Lillico wrote: mass produced?
@_@

-Realistic
I'm self taught ^^;; I started collecting manga about 10 years ago- and I just studied and practiced :o
well thats encouraging i guess, ex=cept i dont have ten years of manga to look back on. perhaps the art classes im taking this year will help. heres an example of my work
http://www.deviantart.com/view/6429964/

this one is a bit old, i did a better one i still have to upload, but thanks to me being lazy and not picking up a pencil in months, i cant draw anything good.
pick it apart! or not.
-Realistic

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#34 Post by Lillico »

I recommend sketching out a figure before you do your full drawing so you can make sure you get the proportions right- it's alot easier if you form your character out from basic shapes

Realistic

#35 Post by Realistic »

Lillico wrote:I recommend sketching out a figure before you do your full drawing so you can make sure you get the proportions right- it's alot easier if you form your character out from basic shapes
i did that for the longest time, i started to not do it for a while. they started out O.K., then slowly they kind of.. umm.. lets say mutated(to make me sound less bad). they (mutated and) grew a new body segment. yea, thats it @.@

-Realistic

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#36 Post by Lillico »

Realistic wrote:
Lillico wrote:I recommend sketching out a figure before you do your full drawing so you can make sure you get the proportions right- it's alot easier if you form your character out from basic shapes
i did that for the longest time, i started to not do it for a while. they started out O.K., then slowly they kind of.. umm.. lets say mutated(to make me sound less bad). they (mutated and) grew a new body segment. yea, thats it @.@

-Realistic
um.. whatever works I guess ^^; 8)