Hello, I'm new here... ^^

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Mewmew

Hello, I'm new here... ^^

#1 Post by Mewmew »

Umm... hello!

I'm new here...
I wasn't really sure of where to post this, but...

My friend first introduced me to Ren'Py about a week ago, I've decided to give it a try... and I loved the demo, it really shows some nice examples of what Ren'Py is capable of.

I've been checking around the forums for almost a week now as well, the community seems really nice and wonderful... which outright beats the old community I was in... (bad history) ^^;

Umm... I'm been poking around with Ren'Py and wanted to try my own Visual Novel, this gives me a chance to use some of my artworks and seeing them "in action". I'm still trying to get the interface that I'd like... There are still so many things I don't know about Ren'Py yet, but I don't want to be a bother, so I'll try to find the solution and ask as a last resort ^^

There's nothing much in the VN yet, but I'm planning to make some temporary images while I get a chance to flesh out the story. Umm... Nice to meet you all

世界の真実の光は誰か!
anime human, anthro, animal arts ♥
ledah.deviantart.com

mokenju1
Regular

#2 Post by mokenju1 »

Wellcome! I hope you are going to create great games with Ren'py :wink: . But don't worry if you have to ask any question. People here is always glad to help, and it would be a shame that you would spend valuable time trying to find a solution when someone can tell you the answer :wink: .

Your art is beautiful. I love the melancholic face of the main character (Hiro).

EDIT: I have been looking to some of your art in your site. Are you trying to create a VN/RPG hybrid with Ren'Py?. It would be very interesting for me if that was the case :twisted: ...

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Gorgeous art! I love the colors ^^. Looks like a snapshot from a Disney cartoon :). Good luck with your project and welcome aboard ^^

Kakurady

#4 Post by Kakurady »

Whoa you're the creator of Shoryu!
(Does shoryu mean "Blue Dragon?")

The artwork sure looks promising...
I'm sure you'll be making intresting renpy games in no time!

Also, there's an official introductory thread you may want to pay a visit.
Last edited by Kakurady on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, I don't like Ren'ai games.
But Ren'Py is not only another Ren'ai game Engine.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

Welcome to the forums!

Hmmm, a furries game, it's about time there was one! :P

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

Hi! :D

Did you do the backgrounds too?

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

ooh excellent artwerkz. Welcome to the forums.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by musical74 »

Welcome aboard!

I like the idea of a furries game...based on the pictures, this one I'll have to add to the *must play* collection =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#9 Post by Nafai »

Wow, pur-tee art :) Welcome to the forums!

Kakurady

#10 Post by Kakurady »

mikey wrote:Welcome to the forums!

Hmmm, a furries game, it's about time there was one! :P
I was to ask her(/him) whether they is a furry or not. Though I wasn't courageous enough to ask since the name furry may have negative meaning to people outside the fandom.

(No, I'm not a furry. Not now, at least.)
No, I don't like Ren'ai games.
But Ren'Py is not only another Ren'ai game Engine.

Mewmew

#11 Post by Mewmew »

Hello, again---

Umm... thank you very much for the replies ^^

To mokenju1: Umm... VN/RPG, that's a neat idea. I'm relatively new to this though, and I have very little programming knowledge, so... I think i"ll take baby steps, until I think I'm ready XD There is a code that's been bugging me for a while... I'm not sure how to check strings to make sure the player doesn't enter a blank name... (if it's left blank, I would like it to use the default name, or jump back to the naming screen)

To monele : Yay, thank you for the compliment XD

To Kakurady : Umm... that's a wonderful guess, but nope... XD ShouRyu 昇竜 is basically "Rising Dragon", "Blue Dragon" would be AoRyuu 青龍... ^^ Thank you for the compliment

To mikey : It's not quite a furry game, but the person reading the novel is a wolfling ^^ Umm... a VN of a made up story read to us by a wolfling... sounds confusing XD

To DaFool : Hiya, ummm... yes, I did. If you would like to view more of my works, please check out my deviantart (for the latest, I get lazy when it comes to updating my site) XD

To lordcloudx : Thank you very much!

To musical74 : Oooh, it's not really a furry game, I'm sorry to disappoint... It starts with naming scene, then Fran the wolfling-- will read us a story. :o

To Nafai : Thank you! ♥

Changed the Frame a little bit, and the cursor ^^ nothing really new yet
世界の真実の光は誰か!
anime human, anthro, animal arts ♥
ledah.deviantart.com

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by DaFool »

Mewmew wrote: To DaFool : Hiya, ummm... yes, I did. If you would like to view more of my works, please check out my deviantart (for the latest, I get lazy when it comes to updating my site) XD
Checked I did, and impressed I was :D

One thing though that got me was this comment:
Artist's Comments
Thanks for viewing. After looking at alot of my ... older ... works... I came to realize that I've never done any serious backgrounds... now I've figured out why. XD

I wanted to practice with the background and shading, so I've decided to draw Fran's room... it's a bit messy, ... cramming for a test will do that! I don't think I'll ever do something like this again, this took a bit too long... plus, I don't think it turned out too well--- but we're our own harshest critic. I just hope that you'll like it!

Umm... what do you think?
As mentioned before it's precisely what makes this look like a Disney cartoon!

As encouragement, if you can keep making backgrounds like this, you'll be among the leagues of the few and the proud background-capable [tm] artists. It's more pain than gain as compared to character art, but believe me people will play your game for the resulting atmosphere (as well as the furries ^_^). As long as you can get one done in around 12 hours, should be doable.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#13 Post by Vatina »

You character art is great.
I'm also very impressed by the bg art ^^ You shouldn't give up on it, you're really good :)

And the wolfling is so cute!

Laveil Kurtis
Regular

#14 Post by Laveil Kurtis »

Your art is truly impressive.

And welcome to the forums =D!

miriam
Regular

#15 Post by miriam »

Wonderful work!! I am green with envy. :)

I'm a newcomer here too, having never encountered ren'ai before (though I've been familiar with text interactive fiction for decades). I decided immediately that I should have a shot at making my own piece, adapting an existing story of mine. It is fantastic seeing so many amazing artists who get attracted, like bees, to this amazing honeypot. Of course, the downside for me is that my attempt is going to look like crap next to such cool art as yours. :)
My current, and first, RenPy story: A Loving Soul
script: 100% -- scenes: 100% -- character art: 20% -- programming: 20%
(spoilers in the story of the same name on my website)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

A life! Cool! Where can I download one of those from?