I saw a ghost!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Sailor Kitty
Veteran

I saw a ghost!

#1 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I was biking back from the village, and i was in this area between the church and the forest. I tend to feel a strange precence here sometimes, there used to be a village there. Dusk was falling.

Ok, I saw a strange man by the side of the road. He was kinda clear and look-through. I nearly fell of my bike, I was terrified. I biked home as fast as i could. I think I'll put that bike of mine away for a while.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#2 Post by Hime »

Oh wow, that's scary. Myself, once, when I was walking alone along a little forest path on a summer evening, as I looked at the ground I saw a clear shadow of a walking man. He was walking near behind me. I even could perceive what kind of shoes and trousers he was wearing. But when I turned my glance in his direction, he was gone. It was really creepy. o_o;

chisa-chan
Regular

#3 Post by chisa-chan »

Wh-wha, that is scary...

My neighbor got through the same thing once. There is a house next to my house (I live in a village) that has been empty for seven years, and there were 'ghosts'. When a family moved there, the ghosts still stay there (or so I heard).

One of them were seen by my neighbor and his two younger sisters. He said that it shaped like a woman, wrapped in white. While he got scared, his sister commented "Whoa, look, brother. It is good, it is shining like a lamp!". Scary and funny enough.
Kalau tidak suka ya jangan diladeni, gitu aja kok repot™.
Cynanthia's Blog (Indonesian)

Matt_D
Regular

#4 Post by Matt_D »

me and my best mate saw a ghost in the fields near where we lived between the road and the park. It was walking across the field (there is no path there) and it moved perfectly smoothly (as in it didn't bob like a person does when walking) and more to the point the field had been plowed so was _VERY_ bumpy.

Suffice to say I informed my friend then ran away, my friend ignored me until I started to run then looked at it, and confirmed my O WAH GHOST statement.
--------------------
Back and making myself unpopular again

Dragon
Regular

#5 Post by Dragon »

I find ghosts rather intresting. You don't see any during the day. If you're lucky, you'll see them on the night of a full moon, which is one of the reasons why I love watching it.

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

Re: I saw a ghost!

#6 Post by kara24601 »

I've seen at least a few photos that supposedly were of ghosts.
One had this round shadow on the ground as if something was sitting on the field
but there wasn't anything showing that seemed to be making the shadow.

Not a ghost but still "paranormal" :
A friend of mine who claims to have a dragon friend (and I believe this person since I don't have any feeling that they are lying...I'm not saying I have any special powers or anything but most of the time I think I'm pretty good as a judge of character ) , she had a photo with her friend kinda showing off and it's a very odd photo but you can't really make out a dragon shape...he just looks like an odd light / sunburst kinda deal with no other "logical" explanation...if that really is him but why would anybody lie about something like that? *shrug*

I've had odd experiences which may or may not be "paranormal" for a long time.
One night I felt like somebody or "something" big bumped into me...like kinda going through me but not all the way and being bumped into at the same time but I was alone (or so I had thought!) that night. I don't understand what happened that night but I was playing games or something so I just kinda thought "what was that" then shrugged it off. It was a really odd feeling though so it's stuck a bit in my memory.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#7 Post by Der Tor »

it's not really paranormal... but well... When i was small i was like sleepwalking once. I think i fell asleep (not sure) anyway the next moment i am no longer sittin down but standing up in the room on the other side of the house and i have absolutely no memory of how i got there. For me it was just like i am sittin down, watchin TV, an the next moment i am standing up in a totally different room. Afterwards my mother told me that she saw me walkin aroun the house an doin some other stuff... but i don't remeber at all, i didn't even feel the time pass...

So okay it's just sleepwalkin, but at least sleepwalkin is somethin everyone knows exists, but still it's not somethin that can be explained. (scientist will tell ya that someone like that is really asleep, but how can ya walk, act, see, open doors, avoid obstacles etc. when ya are asleep... so even simple things like that allready can't be explained by science.)

Recca Phoenix
Veteran

#8 Post by Recca Phoenix »

I used to go to camp at a girls' art school. The theater was haunted because it used to be a pool and a girl named Agnes hung herself off the diving board. People have heard the organ playing and walked in and no one's there. When I took tech theater there and was backstage a lot, my teacher explained very seriously that Agnes existed, and the second he said her name all the lights flickered. Then, one day, my friend was in the bathroom by the theater and she came out pale and stuttering and freaked out, she said she saw a girl in there who disappeared. It turns out Agnes hangs out in there. Another friend of mine woke up one night and saw a girl with a rope around her neck on the floor reaching out to her. When she closed her eyes, the girl was gone. Yet another friend heard someone using her computer one night but no one was there. When she said "stop it Agnes!" the clicking noises stopped.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

Me, I saw a ghost two times,

The first time at my cousins' house.
The house was so creepy it's pretty scary.
And at night I heard loud noises and decided to wake up when I saw a figure walking with no legs!
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

The second one at my neighborhood
In the evening me and my friends passed a deserted house, when we can see through the window, all the stuffs are flying!!!
Now the house is occupied.
Wow.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#10 Post by LVUER »

Be careful, who knows that you are seeing things. Minds are often playing tricks on us, especially if we are afraid and thinking about things (human tend to see and hear only thins that they want to see and hear).

It's not I don't believe you or I don't believe ghost is real. It just it is better to make a rational judgment first.

May be it's my luck or not, I never ever see/experience a supernatural phenomenon, even it happened in my hotel room. All my roommate scared stiff and blamed me in the morning for sleeping.

honoreixix
Regular

#11 Post by honoreixix »

fours years ago, when i was in first year high school, there were times when i would wake up all bruised and i have gashes and cuts all over my body...and i would be in the bathroom and there were blood along the walls...

it stopped now...i think...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#12 Post by LVUER »

honoreixix wrote:fours years ago, when i was in first year high school, there were times when i would wake up all bruised and i have gashes and cuts all over my body...and i would be in the bathroom and there were blood along the walls...

it stopped now...i think...
Now, that scary. How did your family dealing with this? Or they (or somebody else) didn't know about that?

honoreixix
Regular

#13 Post by honoreixix »

i didn't tell, only my best friend knew about it...

it was a bit dangerous in our streets at night so i simply told them i was encountering some drunk delinquents... well, the gangs have been disbanded by the authorities so that's one good thing that came out of it...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

The one with no legs? Maybe

But in the neighborhood thing is real, even the owner of the house saw it, and my friends are too, it was a haunted house of course.

But those facts sometimes are made, like sleeping on the 13th room, like I did with my friends at "retreat". It was behind a grave, but nothing happened, really.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#15 Post by bloodywyvern »

Gah, ghost stuff. I don't believe in them really, which is probably why I've never seen them. In my opinion they tend to either be an illusion of nature created by many different things, or an illusion of a mind which believes in them on some level. The human mind can easily create something like that on an individual perspective. The majority of people who see things like that tend to be those who are inclined towards paranormal answers. If you can picture it or believe in it, your mind can and will create it under certain circumstances. That's another reason they are mostly seen at night. Darkness provides a certain fear in people that can be used to create an illusion like that.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1