FoundryDweller

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

FoundryDweller

#1 Post by Victoria Jennings »

I was browsing /x/ one day and someone mentioned something about an anon who had something to do with a foundry or something like that. I googled it and I found a thread in the archives. Sadly, it had a few gaps. At some point, I tried looking it up again, and I found a completely intact version of the thread.

Feeling a bit bored tonight, I decided to check it out, read through it again. It was just as interesting this time as it was the first (though /x/'s infatuation with aliens kind of ruined it for me). However, I was left wanting. I decided to look up FoundryDweller once more.

This time, I stumbled across an earlier thread of theirs. I haven't read through it yet. According to the thread that I found it on, there were some discrepancies between it and the later one. Can't say for sure though, as again, haven't read it yet. Still, I find the whole thing fascinating.

[warning: explicit language (though not much), 4chan stupidity, etc.]
first
second

Unfortunately, it seems any other threads are lost to time.

So, what do you guys think? I really wish they'd started a blog so that we could keep up with their story, but I don't think it's going to happen... which is annoying, because I really wanted to suggest a few experiments of my own.

Also, I'm totally considering making a game or penning a novel about this. Just... something.

EDIT: 'Kay, compiled a list of discrepancies. Tell me if there's more.

- In the first thread, they claim they let the boy out. In the second, it appears they've forgotten they've done so.
- In the first thread, they say that the boy's jaw moves when he makes noises. He also clearly has nostrils when he breathes. In the second thread, they contradict this, claiming the boy's jaw does not move, and implies no nostrils by stating: "If I cut into that smooth face I'm not certain there'd be teeth and a tongue under it. Perhaps just an equally smooth, featureless skull."
- In the first thread, they say they have dreams "two to three times a week". In the second, they say they have one "[l]iterally every night without fail".
- In the second thread, they mention an old-fashioned office at the bottom of the staircase. In the first thread, they neglect to do this.
Last edited by Victoria Jennings on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

Re: FoundryDweller

#2 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Very interesting. If this person wrote a proper story, I'd definitely read it.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Ant-san
Regular
Completed: Snowdrop, The Demon Lord is Mine, PrinHero, PreOdyssey
Projects: The Three Princes and Adarna

#3 Post by Ant-san »

I've skimmed through the discussion... and it creeped me out ;^; doesn't help that it's 1 in the morning
I do admit that the topic is pretty interesting... I had a peculiar dream myself. It's a dream I had when I was young, but I've dreamt it for another time years later. I think that dream recurred four times? Though, technically, I'm just a "watcher" in the dream... and stuff was anime-styled... ^^"
Otome game currently in progress~;)
Feel free to check it out ^_^

Interested in commissioning me?

Finished Project/s:
The Philosopher's War

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Victoria Jennings »

From what I can tell, they make a thread once a year. Maybe there'll be some new developments near the end of 2013?
TrickWithAKnife wrote:Very interesting. If this person wrote a proper story, I'd definitely read it.
Sadly, I doubt this will happen. It's good fuel for the imagination though.