Reviews for VNs

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

Re: Reviews for VNs

#16 Post by Morhighan »

That's great! I'll notify the authors when I post up the reviews. Thanks! I don't mind at all.
I'll have to check out the PSP one.
This helps me at keeping busy for a while! ^_^
KNs are just fine, I really enjoy them, m'self.

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#17 Post by RunicV »

Oooh, then in that case:

That Cheap and Sacred Thing
This one is pretty well-known here.
L'il Red
It's not strictly a KN, since there are a few choices.
In This Dream of Ours
It only has one ending, but the Extras page has listed several more that you can see.
Trapped
This one is a bit unique: no choices at all, but two endings! The first time you read this, you get one ending, then the second time, you get another. You might have to read it three times to see those two endings, though.

Get Dumped
I thought the premise of this game was good, despite the fact that it's full of crack and not so mature. The true end is pretty mature, though. It's not as polished, but it's still a fun read.

All free games, too.
And this isn't a VN or KN, but have you heard of the game Undertale? Only the demo is out, but that itself is pretty decent and it looks really interesting, since it deconstructs some common game elements.
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by Morhighan »

Ooh, good suggestions! I know the author of TCAST, so that's pretty handy. ;P

I was checking out Undertale recently! It looks really neat, and I love subversive stuff. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#19 Post by Camille »

Break Chance Memento's demo is coming out on the 21st and it covers 2/5 of the chapters of the game. :O It's a commercial game, but we'd be happy to give out free review copies once it's released (hopefully in the fall *fingers crossed*) to anyone who's planning on reviewing it or doing a Let's Play. Just let me or Auro know.

On the subject of reviews, Otome Jikan recently published an Area-X review. We do feature and post news about original English otome games on OJ as long they're of fairly professional quality. I know there are a few more EVN otome game reviews that are being worked on by the staffers there.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#20 Post by ririruetoo »

I wouldn't mind if you reviewed my short KN May-chan, theres a link to it in my signature. Of course only if want and have the time.
ImageImageImage

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Morhighan »

Thanks for your suggestions! I'll get right on those.
In the meantime, I did finish one review, so check it out!

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#22 Post by unknown5 »

Maelstrom-Fenrir wrote:
Morhighan wrote:I'm worried about being harsh as well. ^^;
Well, the way I see it is we need more harsh reviews. We aren't doing anyone favors by letting things that bother us go and only commenting on what we liked.

The community as a whole of Lemmasoft seems like a hindrance to growth rather than the promoter. We try to be so overly positive and nice that we don't look for things to dislike or we ignore them. Which while is it is nice to here people comment about how they like this and that, we need to know the negatives too, that is the only way you know what to work on to get better. Not to mention if no one points out a negative, the people may think they are perfect then, (rare, but it could happen) and that is something that should be avoided, for no one will ever get perfect at any of the fields.

As a whole; positive comments are treats you get now that vanish fast, but negatives are things that will help you down the road. Since you know what you should work on, to make your work even better. And that should be the goal of all of us, we should be constantly trying to improve our works. Well that's how I feel at least. So, I welcome more harsh reviews.
reality is the harshest reviewer. most of us will fail. most of us will never get past mediocrity. simple as that.

but the definition of failure and success depends on the goal of each individual. why are they here? what do they want? blah blah blah. etc. etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda. same old same old. so it goes and all of that nonsense. i'll stop here before i just start mashing random keystrokes.

personally, if someone requests comments and criticism, i'll give it. otherwise i try to stay positive. if they don't request a critique, but i have the urge to give one, i'll shoot them a pm first. but that's just me. blah blah blahb aisfja;slfjiajdlfkjadfl

oops. too late.

edit: sry if the tone of my post is kinda brusque. i'm depressed, lololol. wah? so confusing.
information wants to be free, yo.