A little funny and confusing

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

A little funny and confusing

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

The times zones on this sight are fun to look at. Right now, if your on the east coast it's ten but for me it's seven. :lol:

It's also a bit confusing sometimes. I swear when I first came one here and got into reading the forums, I thought I was on the east coast again and day suddenly turned to night. That was actually quiet scary... :shock:

I doubt it's happened to many people on here but if it has I'd like to know how you felt when it happened. If not then do you find it funny or scary. :)

PS.Sorry if this is a weird thing to talk about...

pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: A little funny and confusing

#2 Post by pwisaguacate »

Is something wrong with your clock(s)?

Anyways, something non-forum related: I once slept/napped in the morning and woke up in the afternoon. It was DARK outside out so I thought it was the morning of the next day and that I missed a charter bus to an out-of-state class trip. Hilarity ensued.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

pwisaguacate wrote:Is something wrong with your clock(s)?

Anyways, something non-forum related: I once slept/napped in the morning and woke up in the afternoon. It was DARK outside out so I thought it was the morning of the next day and that I missed a charter bus to an out-of-state class trip. Hilarity ensued.

I don't think so. I think it cause I live in california.
And thats to bad you missed the trip :( .
Sometimes sleep can really mess someone up. I once slept late at night, like around eight, then woke up thinking it was morning. It was still dark...Kind of creepy...lol :lol:

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#4 Post by pwisaguacate »

Oh no, I didn't miss the trip. I woke up a full 13 hours before the time we were supposed to meet, and for a moment I thought I was 1 hour late.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Fenrir34 »

pwisaguacate wrote:Oh no, I didn't miss the trip. I woke up a full 13 hours before the time we were supposed to meet, and for a moment I thought I was 1 hour late.

Oh ok :lol:. Sorry for my misunderstanding.
I'm glad you made it. Was it fun :D

AquaEG
Regular
Projects: Fateful Encounters
Organization: At the moment, niches are not my forte.

#6 Post by AquaEG »

One summer I was literally nocturnal. Used to sleep at 6 in the morning and wake up at 6 in the evening. :lol:

Armee
Veteran

#7 Post by Armee »

@Aqua I think I stay up all night several times. But I only sleep from 5 in the morning and woke up at 11. I don't think I can sleep longer because my limits is always wake up before 12. :D If you oversleep, you'll miss a lot of things

AquaEG
Regular

#8 Post by AquaEG »

Haha, totally the same for me, Tooyo! xD These days, I have breakfast when I'm supposed to have lunch!

Armee
Veteran

#9 Post by Armee »

AquaEG wrote:I'm supposed to have lunch!
I always have lunch and breakfast at same time, it's not lunch or breakfast, it's lunchfast.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#10 Post by Kato »

I used to do the 6 till 6 thing too! Unfortunately I ended up coming down with a bad case of full-time employment which put an end to it all. But what a gloriously confusing summer that was! :lol:
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

AquaEG
Regular

#11 Post by AquaEG »

I came down with a bad case of "Crap! It's the last day of summer! I have school tomorrow!" :mrgreen:
But yes, it was a fun summer...I did all my day-time things during night-time! Dad just got tired of it after giving me 10 lectures and let me be. :lol:

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Fenrir34 »

AquaEG wrote:One summer I was literally nocturnal. Used to sleep at 6 in the morning and wake up at 6 in the evening. :lol:
I used to do that when my sister was in High School. When night came around we would watch a lot of anime :lol:

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Fenrir34 »

Kato wrote:I used to do the 6 till 6 thing too! Unfortunately I ended up coming down with a bad case of full-time employment which put an end to it all. But what a gloriously confusing summer that was! :lol:

That's happening to me right now. I have to get my sleeping back on track since I start my first year of college soon. :(

AquaEG
Regular

#14 Post by AquaEG »

@Fenrir- That summer, all I did was watch anime. O.o I slipped out of reality for a while and was sucked into the world of anime. xD And I have college entrance exams next year. I need to get myself back on track after summer. >.>

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Fenrir34 »

AquaEG wrote:@Fenrir- That summer, all I did was watch anime. O.o I slipped out of reality for a while and was sucked into the world of anime. xD And I have college entrance exams next year. I need to get myself back on track after summer. >.>

It sucks when you're in your own world then you realize you can't be back there for a while. That happened with me one summer. I was watching all this anime and then school came. That was a fun summer though. Haven't had one like that in a while :cry: