Details on how to help the free hosting initiative.

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Details on how to help the free hosting initiative.

#1 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm posting this here since I'm unsure as to whether this fits the criteria for the recruitment forum. If it does, feel free to move it there.

Hey guys! This thread is dedicated to this: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 13&t=14350

Help promote things in your signature!

Code: Select all

[url=http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14350]"Free File and Website Hosting for VN Related Items" Project[/url]

Code: Select all

[url=http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14350]"Free File and Website Hosting for VN Related Items" Project[/url]
[url=http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22268]Interested in helping?[/url]
Priorities:
Hosts: moderately low
Technical Assistance: low
Donations: lowest
Signatures: totallyuberhigh

So, the reason I'm creating this post is because in the end, resources are a limited thing. Basically, I've currently reached 75% of my threshold for my current host in terms of file count. (That'd be the current bottleneck, although there's also limits to the number of FTP accounts, SQL databases, etc. that are just not nearly as close, so not really relevant.) Anyway, that's not too big of a deal in the near term, but eventually, I'll have to stop offering when we hit 90%. As such, we will eventually need to get more resources. That's why I'm making this post. If anyone here is interested in offering hosting as well some time in the future, feel free to post here or contact me or Leon. We'd be happy to talk with you about specific details. (Bear in mind that that given the nature of hosting other people's websites, we'd have to be sure first that you and your host would be absolutely reliable.) Again, this shouldn't be a problem for a while, but it'd be nice to have a shortlist to go to when the time eventually comes.

Although not a high priority, if you've got some useful technical skills when it comes to things like websites and want to volunteer your talents, we might be interested in your help. If so, feel free to contact Leon or me, or post in this thread. As with the other thing, we'd have to be sure that we held you at a level of trust that matched the level of access that you'd have.

We're currently not looking for donations, although I may eventually look into putting something together if this expands significantly some time in the future and we're lacking resources.

People and Roles:
redeyesblackpanda - general, hosting
leon - general, technical, hosting

tl;dr: Looking for hosts and other interested parties, although with fairly low urgency.

List of Reliable Hosts (that have cPanel)
BlueHost, HostGator, (I'll add more later.)

List of Less Favorable Hosts (as in, ones we won't use)
GoDaddy (might add more later)

Your host not listed? Contact Leon or me and we'll look into it and add it to one of the lists.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.