Adventurex 2013 - Adventure convention December 7th and 8th

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Azure
Regular

Adventurex 2013 - Adventure convention December 7th and 8th

#1 Post by Azure »

Hi I hope you guys don't mind me re-materialising again this year, but we're once again fundraising and organizing for AdventureX. Last year went really well and I know a number of you helped out our contributed and it was really appreciated.

For those of you who didn't see this last year, this is the third AdventureX in London December 7-8th. AdventureX is a small community funded convention focused around adventure games and interactive storytelling, so visual novel folks are very welcome. For those of you who can’t make it in person, we are hoping to livestream as much as we can.

The special guest this year is Charles Cecil, and we already have Jon Ingold from Inkle confirmed to exhibit and speak. We're organizing more guests and speakers and I'lll update those when we get confirmation.

If anyone has something they’d like to exhibit ,a game they’d like to demo, or wants to give a talk on something game related then please get in touch via the site.

Here’s a video about last year:

http://youtu.be/9iKTYTdA1GE

Entry and exhibition space are free so if you are unable to donate to the event you’re still welcome to come along and meet some cool people and play some games. However if you are able we ask you support the event by either purchasing a VIP card that gives you a bunch of games and refreshments at the event, donate, or that you sponsor the event to promote your project or business.

http://www.adventurexpo.co.uk

Hope to see some of you there.

Guests and speakers:
Special Guests so far:
Charles Cecil, Revolution Software
Steve Ince - Game writer
Jon Ingold, Inkle Studios
Dave Gilbert, Wadjet Eye Games
Alasdair Beckett-King - Nelly Cootalot
James Dearden, game designer
Lewis Denby, Owl Cave
Last edited by Azure on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: Adventurex 2013 - Adventure convention December 7th and

#2 Post by Taleweaver »

I was there 2012. It was great! I'm going to be there this year too - together with a wonderful bunch of Brits who are producing one of my ideas as a game.

It's worth it.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Azure
Regular

Re: Adventurex 2013 - Adventure convention December 7th and

#3 Post by Azure »

Thanks Taleweaver, I've updated with a list of speakers. We still have some exhibition space, so if you haven't signed up yet please do! The event is creeping ever closer and it really helps us to know who is coming. A new game has added to the VIP card so if you're able to support us there's an incentive in it for you :)