Sad Anouncement - regarding mugen/mugenjohncel

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: Sad Anouncement - regarding mugen/mugenjohncel

#31 Post by Jake » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:55 am

I can only really echo what others have said already, and it seems almost trite to do so... It's a terrible thing to have happened - more so given his recent recovery from the last hand injury, worse still to lose a loved one.

What can I say, from halfway around the world? You guys all have my utmost sympathy, but the written word is clumsy at best at getting it across. I hope John has as complete and as speedy a recovery as possible, of course; news like this always makes me wish I could do something to help, even though I know that realistically there's nothing I could do. :/

And thanks for taking the time to update us - it's great to hear he's stable and conscious.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#32 Post by DaFool » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:13 am

Alfredo, John is lucky to have a very good friend in you. Do what you feel is best for his recovery... I know the emotional part will be tough this time around.

YuMMz
Regular

#33 Post by YuMMz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Tragic. A very sad week. While I have not really been active posting on these boards, reading Mugen's many posts has been refreshing. I truly hope he experiences a full recovery and my prayers are with him.

Keep us updated!

#34 Post by Guest » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:35 pm

We often find ourselves at a loss for words when faced by tragedies such as this one.
I found it easier to express my feelings through art in this case.
My prayers go out to those involved in and affected by this tragedy.

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#35 Post by Mirielle » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:37 am

This is just...woah. I truly hope that mugen has a fast recovery. My prayers go out to him and all his loved ones.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

MoonlightBomber
Regular
Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude, Nothing Happened series
Projects: Deadline, upcoming NaNoRenO 2020 project
Tumblr: moonlightbomber
Deviantart: moonlightbomber
itch: dagitabsoft

#36 Post by MoonlightBomber » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:02 am

As a fellow Filipino, may God guide you through this latest trial of yours.
Korina Sanchez: Ex-sensei Mel, we've met again.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!

Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#37 Post by Counter Arts » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:59 am

Wow... it didn't really occur to me that something like this could happen to one of the members here.

When I first read the first post, I was wondering if it was a trick although my instinct said it wasn't.
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#38 Post by F.I.A » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:20 am

playboy wrote:Update - Went back home to dress formaly. I have been informed that John (mugenjohncel) has finaly regained conciousness and will go drop by and visit him after I visit Cecilia's funeral.

Apparently, he's still not aware of the fact that Cecilia is already gone and was advised not to say a word to him about it for the time being.
Yes, while it hurts to cover it for the time being, ignorance is indefinitely a bliss for now. Hopefully he can take it in after he has recovered.

Oh, if possible, tell to mugen that this guy will certainly volunteer to help, if he decides to continue on with his project.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Radhreni
Regular

#39 Post by Radhreni » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:54 pm

Oh no...

I don't know what to say. All the words I think of sound so trite.

I will put those words into prayers instead.

Please, hang in there.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#40 Post by mugenjohncel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:27 am

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

playboy

#41 Post by playboy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:48 am

He finally went to sleep, now his laptop is in my possesion again, I guess I'll do my job now and be a regular nuisance to his daily life and as payback for hitting me in the face a while ago. (earlier, I was forced to type that dramatic speech posted above). Not to mention I am now a registered member of this forum (that will make my job easier).

Oh, wait till he reads this tommorow.

Pre, you mentioned earlier that you're going to kick my butt - HA! HA! well, you only have one leg now, I would love to see you do that.

Better start wearing long sleeves since that arm of yours is er - nevermind.

While you were away, I actually stumbled on something INTERESTING hidden in one of your folders on the other computer - You are a very sick person pre to even have those saved in your HD.

I already sorted your can of assorted biscuits and dont expect to see any waffers or Hi-Ro's in there, HA! HA! enjoy your Grahams and Skyflakes.

Now that I have said those things, It's best that I go back to my own house (which is just a block away). I can't wait till he reads this tomorrow.

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#42 Post by PrettySammy09 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 pm

mugenjohncel wrote:I
I will have to apologize to everyone but my project will be on hold for a while since I could barely hold a pencil right now, let alone draw something... I have put too much effort already on my flagship project and rest assured I will not give up on this one... but for now I must wait and see if I'll still be lucky enough to recover just like the last time.

I will not be a very productive member of this community for a while but rest assured that once I recovered even just a portion of my Drawing Ability, I will finish Mr. K and other projects.

I talked to much already...
Who cares about Ren'Ai at a time like this? We're all just glad that you're alive and stable! I think I speak for everyone when I say that we were all anxiously awaiting news of your recovery from your friend.

I'm so glad that you're so positive about this whole experience. It takes a truly strong person to come out of this with his head held high. Godspeed Mugen. :)

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by monele » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:53 pm

PrettySammy is right... you are in no way indebted to us nor are we waiting expectantly for your projects to be done ^^;... It's a good thing *for you* that you still plan to finish them... it means you have a pretty solid grip on life and your dreams... and that's quite something, really.
Just do your best and don't give up 'kay?...

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by DaFool » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:10 pm

I don't know what to say other than, wow, that is one very strong person.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#45 Post by Blue Lemma » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:37 pm

I'm happy you're awake and facing life again :) It must be really hard after what you've been through and what you're still going through. Just remember your family and friends (including us!) support you and are wishing for a good recovery ^^
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )