#koreajam

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ushikun

#koreajam

#1 Post by ushikun »

Hello folks.

I'm sure we have plenty of game jams going on these days, that everybody is busy making a game for one of them.

I was hoping to get the ball rolling for another one called the #koreajam
http://koreajam.tumblr.com/about

This one doesn't officially start until March 1st, but I'm hoping to get the news spreading around a bit more for awareness of the issue at hand.

This one has some particular relevance to the visual novel community, because most of the games being bashed by the Korean government these days are from the doujin visual novel community in S.Korea.

Mainly, because
1) Doujin games have always been a PC gaming culture.
2) Visual novels often include depictions of "more mature" story content than your average video game, which the Korean government is so desperate to censor from their children.
3) Visual novels are naturally text-heavy making them hard to be considered as "not for Korean audiences" (which is one of the loop holes that other indie developers are using to make games within Korea)

So, yeah anybody interested please join and help us spread the message that anybody, anywhere should have the creative freedom to share what they have made to anywhere in the world. Thanks~!

Funnyguts
Veteran

Re: #koreajam

#2 Post by Funnyguts »

This sounds awesome, and I'm glad to see that while it starts in March it lasts beyond NaNo, which would be a big concern for a lot of developers on this site. I can't promise that I'll make anything but I'll try to get the word out!

ushikun

#3 Post by ushikun »

Thanks a bunch : D

Yeah, we're hoping the longer time frame will allow more people to join in the cause, and possibly make it easier for the more time-consuming projects to join in as well. Of course, everybody is allowed to use as much or less time as they want. Using another game jam theme and deadline is also perfectly acceptable.

This one's really about celebrating the creative process, more than strict jam rules and stuff.

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#4 Post by Alera »

I'll keep an eye on this one since there really is plenty of time~
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

ushikun

#5 Post by ushikun »

#koreajam has quietly launched~!

Everyone good luck with NaNoRenO, and if you are interested and get the chance, please join in for this event as well.
Thanks~