Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
I'm sure we have plenty of game jams going on these days, that everybody is busy making a game for one of them.
I was hoping to get the ball rolling for another one called the #koreajam
This one doesn't officially start until March 1st, but I'm hoping to get the news spreading around a bit more for awareness of the issue at hand.
This one has some particular relevance to the visual novel community, because most of the games being bashed by the Korean government these days are from the doujin visual novel community in S.Korea.
1) Doujin games have always been a PC gaming culture.
2) Visual novels often include depictions of "more mature" story content than your average video game, which the Korean government is so desperate to censor from their children.
3) Visual novels are naturally text-heavy making them hard to be considered as "not for Korean audiences" (which is one of the loop holes that other indie developers are using to make games within Korea)
So, yeah anybody interested please join and help us spread the message that anybody, anywhere should have the creative freedom to share what they have made to anywhere in the world. Thanks~!
- Posts: 417
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm
- Projects: That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles, Ibuki Magica
- Organization: Twin Turtle Games
Yeah, we're hoping the longer time frame will allow more people to join in the cause, and possibly make it easier for the more time-consuming projects to join in as well. Of course, everybody is allowed to use as much or less time as they want. Using another game jam theme and deadline is also perfectly acceptable.
This one's really about celebrating the creative process, more than strict jam rules and stuff.
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 650
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:20 am
- Completed: Tortichki // Zayay
- Deviantart: psyalera
- itch: psyalera
- Location: UK
Users browsing this forum: No registered users