% done?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.

Are you Anxious for the Release of Tales Of Lemma II?

Yes!!! Very!!!!
63%
Yea, But i could wait a few more months
31%
Couldent care less
6%

Total votes: 16

Realistic

% done?

#1 Post by Realistic »

I've been checking the site at least once a month, looking for updates, scraps of info, anything. but as it seems, there have been no notices, or "im still alive" notices, i figured i would make a thread. bluelemma? are you still alive? how is Tales of Lemma 2 going? when is the new estimated release date? how far along are you now?

im sure im not the only person whos curious, so i figured i may as well make a thread for updates, possibly keep your fans in the loop, eh?

-Realistic, #1 lemmasoft fanboy

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

I'm alive! ToL 2 has been sort of a thorn in my side the past year >_< Coordination and writing issues have caused it to be continually delayed, but it will be out eventually. I think I wrote this somewhere else, but there will probably be at least two other games released before ToL 2. They'll be good, though, so don't worry! :wink:

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#3 Post by Sai »

Perhaps you should put a link up to your forum Development Journal on the homepage for all these people that don't really check the forum Lemma ^^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Blue Lemma wrote:there will probably be at least two other games released before ToL 2.
Oh, no!... You're being too good, Lemma. Too good to others :D I am looking forward to those games, but once done, finish ToL2... please. I had to turn down cooperation offers as well, it doesn't mean you don't care, they'll understand.

Unicorn
Regular

#5 Post by Unicorn »

:idea: I miss an option in this poll:

* I belive in Lemma. He is going to finish this game and thus I am not worried.

:P :wink:

"I couldn't care less" means "I am not interested in this game anyway" and thus it doesn't express my opinion.

All options are a tad on the negative side. If you make a poll, please try to balance the options or you'll only attract a subset of possible participants!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#6 Post by rioka »

The "I believe in Lemma" option would fall under the "I can wait a few months" wouldn't it? Lemma's going to finish the game - no doubt about that - but it's all just a matter of time. =)
mikey wrote:I am looking forward to those games, but once done, finish ToL2... please.
Is it just me or does mikey sound like he's hooked on the game and suffering from ToL withdrawal? O.O

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by mikey »

eclipse wrote:
mikey wrote:I am looking forward to those games, but once done, finish ToL2... please.
Is it just me or does mikey sound like he's hooked on the game and suffering from ToL withdrawal? O.O
It's a little depressing if you look at the main page, ToL2 being mentioned in August 2003... so... yes I really WANT it to be completed. Just a few days ago I compared a few announcement dates with release dates - and well, most of the finished projects were announced just before release. I think Shoujo Attack's release was timed nicely, also Town Heat's demo kept its promise. So it worries me. I know that sooner or later it will be done, but it's been over a year now - if you check some of the threads at one point it was to be released in March, then in July/August and I always had the feeling that ToL2 is on its last stretch so to say. If I were Lemma, I'd grab it by the horns and finish it. I think it would make breathing a lot easier.

And also, I like the dating show concept, so... :wink:

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#8 Post by Taleweaver »

Mikey, you're seriously underestimating Writer's Block (or should that be "misunderestimated" in the U.S.? ^^), I think. Being unable to find decent conclusions to story plots that are precious to you is a terrible thing, and if you try to rush it, it will only leave you dissatisfied with the outcome. The best solution is to leave the thing that's bothering you alone for some time and wait for inspiration to return. In the meantime, do things that will tickle your brain just to stay trained, that's the way I normally do it and what BL does at the moment.

Expect some action soon. I think he's on his way out of the Block.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Unicorn
Regular

#9 Post by Unicorn »

eclipse wrote:The "I believe in Lemma" option would fall under the "I can wait a few months" wouldn't it?
Not exactly, because this option also implies "yea" to the initial question: "Are you anxious?".

I am not anxious because I belive in BL, so I can't pick that choice.

Jerails
Veteran

#10 Post by Jerails »

Heh heh...No comment...If ya need a cheering squad, I can whip one up in no time!
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

Taleweaver wrote:Mikey, you're seriously underestimating Writer's Block (or should that be "misunderestimated" in the U.S.? ^^), I think. Being unable to find decent conclusions to story plots that are precious to you is a terrible thing, and if you try to rush it, it will only leave you dissatisfied with the outcome. The best solution is to leave the thing that's bothering you alone for some time and wait for inspiration to return. In the meantime, do things that will tickle your brain just to stay trained, that's the way I normally do it and what BL does at the moment.
I have to basically agree, but my opinion is if you leave the thing bothering you for too long, well, you lose connection with the story - happened to me a few times before, so naturally such a block can go on and on since you have to get into the whole thing again, whereas if you just take a short break, you are still somehow within the atmosphere of your story.

However, imagine someone who is not familiar with the perils of game making. You tell him it's about to be released and nothing happens for one year. In between there were a few release date promised, but the project was delayed. A casual surfer might not come back at all.

Realistic

#12 Post by Realistic »

Blue Lemma wrote:I'm alive! ToL 2 has been sort of a thorn in my side the past year >_< Coordination and writing issues have caused it to be continually delayed, but it will be out eventually. I think I wrote this somewhere else, but there will probably be at least two other games released before ToL 2. They'll be good, though, so don't worry! :wink:
how about a little spoiler to keep us at attention, hm, lemma?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#13 Post by rioka »

I agree, a few screenshots would hit the spot. :hint hint:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#14 Post by mikey »

Yes, yes, just... one... tiny little... SShot

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#15 Post by kara24601 »

Since it can be very hard to find English bishoujo games , I am looking forward to any projects of yours and thanks for making Lenma Tales 1 / Tales of Lenma 1 and Shoujo Attack! .

( sorry if I spelled the title wrong... )
Last edited by kara24601 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.