Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- The Great Organizer
- Posts: 411
- Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm
- Github: nualte
- itch: alte
It helps me build concentration. Sometimes silence can do just fine.
If anyone interested for another resource for royalty free music.
The person who made the playlist provides Royalty Free Music/ Royalty Free Classical Music (Frequentry Asked Questions, mentioned in the link)
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 3:17 pm
- Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
- Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
- Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
- IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Posts: 185
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am
- Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
- Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
- Organization: Unis
Sometimes, instead of listening to music, I watch a drama series on the half of my screen, and I get good ideas on how to execute a scene better which I picked up from.
Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 am
- Location: Minerva, OH, USA
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:25 pm
- Location: Pea Pod Principality
Also, I'm partial to putting the old 1960s Batman television series on the background whenever I code for some strange reason.
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 pm
- Projects: WtRF
- Organization: Harmonic Dreams
- IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
- Deviantart: Emlindes
- Location: England
Good for the emotive stuff.
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:21 pm
- Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
- Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games
- Location: East Coast, US
If not that, I will listen to rainycafe.com which is a mixture of something like coffitivity and rainymood. (I also use that when writing essays.)
One thing I don't really like to listen to is pink noise, white noise, extremely natural and nature type things, and very very ambient things. I use that to relax and calm me during panic attacks, so it usually puts me to sleep (and I don't want to fall asleep while writing!)
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?
- Posts: 327
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm
- Projects: Ethereal Creatures
- Skype: vall3rie
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:38 pm
- Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
- Organization: Patchwork Novels
- Location: A cornfield in 'merica.
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 am
- Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
- Tumblr: lunachaili
- Posts: 196
- Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:10 pm
- Projects: Blackout
- Organization: Moonlight Otome
- Location: United States
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm
- Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
- Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
- Deviantart: truefaiterman
- Location: Spain, and without bullfighting!
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 am
- Projects: The Spanish Privateer
- Tumblr: thespanishprivateer
- itch: sinsisters
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
I tend to get distracted easily and I actually love classical music, so it doesn't help me focus when I put in on to do work as much as white noise does. Therefore, classical music (for me personally) is better for when I'm not doing things that require a high amount of focus and is pretty tedious. Therefore not good for writing, but good for studying for difficult/boring classes. Tedious = frustration and Joe Hisaishi's music always finds a way to make me smile and relieve monotony, so it's perfect when I have to grind through something for long periods of time. A video on youtube I listen to a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxd4bY_o_4k. Put in background and done, you're set for 2 hours. (By which time I'll get up and get a snack. x_x)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users