Make it Moe! A Drawination Challenge

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Make it Moe! A Drawination Challenge

#61 Post by lordcloudx »

quick Akroma-tan
Attachments
pencils only version
pencils only version
kawaii hane
kawaii hane
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

themocaw
Regular

#62 Post by themocaw »

Pytom, that card makes my head hurt. Doesn't that mean that, like, unless you managed to draw two Little Girls and play them both at once, that you'll take half a point of mana burn?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#63 Post by PyTom »

themocaw wrote:Pytom, that card makes my head hurt. Doesn't that mean that, like, unless you managed to draw two Little Girls and play them both at once, that you'll take half a point of mana burn?
There are ways of working around that. You could play, for example, a Mox Lotus, or channel the excess Mana into a Fireball or The Ultimate Nightmare of Wizards of the Coast® Customer Service. In an Un-game, mana costs of X, Y, or Z can be paid for with half-mana.

Yes, I put together an un-deck to mess with a friend who takes Magic a little too seriously. He had one of those fancy life-counters, and it was fun to see him try to indicate that his life points were 13.5. I'm much better at finding out ways to pervert the game, I can hardly play it normally.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

themocaw
Regular

#64 Post by themocaw »

PyTom wrote: Yes, I put together an un-deck to mess with a friend who takes Magic a little too seriously. He had one of those fancy life-counters, and it was fun to see him try to indicate that his life points were 13.5. I'm much better at finding out ways to pervert the game, I can hardly play it normally.
I'm Christian, so worshipping you as a god would be blasphemous, so instead I'll have to see about getting the Vatican to declare you a patron saint. Knowing plenty of people who take Magic way too seriously, I can do no less to salute your attempt to keep things fun and lighthearted.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#65 Post by chronoluminaire »

themocaw wrote:
PyTom wrote: Yes, I put together an un-deck to mess with a friend who takes Magic a little too seriously. He had one of those fancy life-counters, and it was fun to see him try to indicate that his life points were 13.5. I'm much better at finding out ways to pervert the game, I can hardly play it normally.
I'm Christian, so worshipping you as a god would be blasphemous, so instead I'll have to see about getting the Vatican to declare you a patron saint. Knowing plenty of people who take Magic way too seriously, I can do no less to salute your attempt to keep things fun and lighthearted.
In that case, you should check out the page on our friends' wiki about very silly things to do in a game of Magic. There's one combo there which results in you being forced to throw a pillow at the board, which doesn't even use any Un-cards.

Also, if you like silly things to do with MtG, you should check out the random Magic card generator that I wrote.

And BTW, Little Girl is really helpful if you have this in play.

And on the topic of moefication of Magic cards, I direct you to the anime Eternal Witness (and the Meloku is a similar idea). (Originals for comparison).
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#66 Post by lordcloudx »

Since no one did it so far... might as well draw the little girl. :twisted:

and I've got a challenge. Moefy the world!
Attachments
disgaea style
disgaea style
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Hudzon
Regular

#67 Post by Hudzon »

lordcloudx: You are my hero!

*hugs Akroma-tan*

Now to make a plushie out of it!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#68 Post by lordcloudx »

Hudzon: Thanks. Glad you liked it.
MoonlightBomber wrote:Please moe-fy this: the Philippine Marines' mod of the LVT6H armored vehicle, codename Elvie-tan.
Here's my Elvie-tan using a technique I read on otaku-zine.
Attachments
elvie-tan.jpg

Sapphire Dragon
Regular

#69 Post by Sapphire Dragon »

world-tan
Attachments
world-tan.png
Deeplake: backgrounds= 45 (0 en) frames=149 (0 en)
fullscreen pics= 38 (0 en) Character pics= 191 (15 en) Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TupfPglEe04
Portfolio:http://www.sapphire-nest.co.uk iDreams Game: http://www.pop-fiction.net

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#70 Post by Sailor Kitty »

THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!

This is an Olm. You get big kodus if you can moefy it!
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

themocaw
Regular

#71 Post by themocaw »

Is world-tan crying, or is she sweating from global warming?

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#72 Post by Otaku Dash »

themocaw wrote:Is world-tan crying, or is she sweating from global warming?
I think it's both, (unfortenately) IMO ^^; :(
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

frumplstlskn
Regular

#73 Post by frumplstlskn »

Damn, I can't believe I missed this much of the thread. I love this kinda thing. I'll try to moe-fy the non-moe and give a shot of MANLINESS to the things that are naturally moe.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#74 Post by Otaku Dash »

Sailor Kitty wrote:THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!

This is an Olm. You get big kodus if you can moefy it!
I haven't drawn in ages... and I need something to keep sharp my drawing skillz and guetting imporvement from my "how to draw manga" collection XD :P So I'm starting on going all out on this topic: I'm taking this wager :P ... just a few minutes upon completion ^^

EDIT: DONE!!! I guess I went over the RPG side XD

"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#75 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Additional Challenge: Make it a Bishonen.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com