Let's Play Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

Let's Play Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!

#1 Post by zankizuna »

HI! I found a way to play Duel Monsters online, let's play!!
ygopro: http://www.ygopro.co/
It's time to Duel!
Get your Game On!!
Let's Rev it up!!!
Kattobingu!
Last edited by zankizuna on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eiliya
Regular

Re: Are There any Duelists around?

#2 Post by Eiliya »

I would considder myself a duelist, seing as I was in the top 16 of the country where I live, but I haven't played in at least 2 years now. I'll go check the site out, see if it's worth spending my free time on :-)

zankizuna
Veteran

Re: Are There any Duelists around?

#3 Post by zankizuna »

It's a great program! it updates all the time to get all the cards in!! I learned how to exceed(Xyz) summon here!

Haika
Regular
IRC Nick: Haika

Re: Let's Play Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters!

#4 Post by Haika »

I would never expected that... Yugioh pro people are also in Lemma Soft forum. XD

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#5 Post by Fenrir34 »

Looks cool, but I've never been able to get the card game at all :( . Even when playing with my sister, I still had trouble.

Funny thing is though whenever I watched the series, my mom always thought that hey changed the rules in every episode :lol: . Sometimes I wonder if that's true :shock:

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#6 Post by SundownKid »

Fenrir34 wrote:Looks cool, but I've never been able to get the card game at all :( . Even when playing with my sister, I still had trouble.

Funny thing is though whenever I watched the series, my mom always thought that hey changed the rules in every episode :lol: . Sometimes I wonder if that's true :shock:
If you ever watched Yugioh Abridged (which you should, LittleKuriboh voice acted my game Icebound and it's a hilarious series), it makes a running joke of the fact that the rules barely even apply from game to game. The players and enemy duelists can use strategy that makes no sense in the context of the card game. For example, Yugi knocks down one guy's sky castle card using a monster attached to a catapult tortoise as if it was a pokemon battle.

I used to play it a lot in elementary school though. Then my parents misplaced or tossed my entire deck of rare cards I built up during school and I lost interest.

chickenhearted
Regular
Projects: Romancin Dudes(GxB)
Organization: chickandnugget
Tumblr: chickandnugget

#7 Post by chickenhearted »

I used to play a bunch on The Dueling Network (I guess it's pretty much the same type of idea.)

I'd usually play trick decks though, like Final Countdown based decks and stuff lol

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#8 Post by Fenrir34 »

SundownKid wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:Looks cool, but I've never been able to get the card game at all :( . Even when playing with my sister, I still had trouble.

If you ever watched Yugioh Abridged (which you should, LittleKuriboh voice acted my game Icebound and it's a hilarious series), it makes a running joke of the fact that the rules barely even apply from game to game. The players and enemy duelists can use strategy that makes no sense in the context of the card game. For example, Yugi knocks down one guy's sky castle card using a monster attached to a catapult tortoise as if it was a pokemon battle.

I used to play it a lot in elementary school though. Then my parents misplaced or tossed my entire deck of rare cards I built up during school and I lost interest.

I've seen some of the Abridged series and it's really funny :lol: . It's super cool that you got LittleKuriboh in your game. I'm hoping to get it once I have some money (things are tight thanks to school.) And that is very true. They do it so Yu gi always wins. In fact, when he was about to lose against Marik. Odion came in and told good Marik to concur his bad side. Kind of wish they just made it a real game instead of having that.

My mom never liked getting me the cards. Said they were a waste of time. I admit that I did lose them sometimes (I lost a rare dark magician :? ), and I couldn't really play with them because by that time people weren't into Yu Gi Oh as much.

Haika
Regular

#9 Post by Haika »

chickenhearted wrote:I used to play a bunch on The Dueling Network (I guess it's pretty much the same type of idea.)

I'd usually play trick decks though, like Final Countdown based decks and stuff lol
Try the ygopro one! It's different and it can take care of itself. If in dueling network, we should take care of ourselves, which I find very hard. XD
Not to mention some players who do not understand would tell us cheating and some there will be lotta misunderstandings.

zankizuna
Veteran

#10 Post by zankizuna »

Cool, more Yu-Gi-Oh! interested people :D You guys should see the later series coz the first Yu-Gi-Oh was full of unreal game rules.
It's great to realize about the real game rules through YGOPRO. It updates all the time, and greatly enough, they have made their latest update of Pendulum Summon from the newest season this 2014: Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V!! the anime isn't even done yet!! lol It's fun to discover the new rules this new season! :D

Haika
Regular

#11 Post by Haika »

Yeah I have seen it. But I don't like not drawing in the first turn.

zankizuna
Veteran

#12 Post by zankizuna »

Yeah, no draw on first turn, this is nice coz I've always loved being second in turn :D