Strange Ren'Ai dreams

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
BellosTheMighty
Regular

Strange Ren'Ai dreams

#1 Post by BellosTheMighty »

I may be going crazy-go-nuts. I had a bizarre and bizarrely vivid dream last night where I was playing a Ren'Ai game. It was strange mostly because I remembered playing it before- even after I woke up- but I have no idea what it was. It's possible that this is a recurring dream, but I thought I'd post what I remembered anyway, just in case anyone recognized it in real life. It took place in a scholastic setting- possibly collage, but more likely high school. Your character was a guy, and his main love interest was a dark-haired (either blue or black, I think) girl who was being indwelt by some alien or supernatural entity. The alien had the form of a blond-haired girl who acted young and innocent, and neither of them was aware while the other was in control. Control would switch from one to the other, and then when it switched back the first would be unaware of anything that had transpired. They were accompanied by a guardian of sorts in the form of a floating metallic sphere- either silver or gold, I don't remember. He wasn't always around, but showed up occassionally to drop exposition. That's all I got. Sound familiar to anyone?
----
"Yes, ninety percent would never get finished, and ninety percent of the rest would suck. That's the way it always works. That's how you get stuff that kicks ass." -Andrew Plotkin

Twar3Draconis
Regular

Re: Strange Ren'Ai dreams

#2 Post by Twar3Draconis »

Whoa. Don't recall a game like that. Are you sure that it was a real game and you weren't fabricating it subconsiously?

Speaking of which, I had a few of these. Mainly playing fully translated versions of FSN and a few of Tsukihime.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

If it happens not to exist in the end, it might be a good idea to create it ^_^. I can see the moral dilemma of having to choose between keeping one girl or the other... with the best endings allowing you to separate them before making your choice ;)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#4 Post by chronoluminaire »

Sounds a little reminiscent of the early parts of the manga "Gacha Gacha", where the high-school protagonist is in love with his childhood friend, dark-haired Kirara... but her personality peridoically gets taken over by an AI computer game character who got stuck in her mind. When the computer-game character is in control, Kirara is drawn with blond hair, and the real Kirara can't remember what happens.

Of course, the plot keeps moving on: I didn't bother to finish the series, but ISTR there were several different AI characters who took over Kirara at different times.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#5 Post by Vatina »

I don't know of a game like this either - but if it doesn't exist, then I agree that it could be something to create :D Could be interesting to play!

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#6 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Maybe you played a game, forgot about it, then made some stuff up in your dream and combined it with the subconsius memory.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

chronoluminaire wrote:Sounds a little reminiscent of the early parts of the manga "Gacha Gacha", where the high-school protagonist is in love with his childhood friend, dark-haired Kirara...
Just to clarify, this is the Gacha Gacha being published (at least in the US) by Del Rey. IIRC, Tokyopop has a different Gacha Gacha, unrelated save for the title.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#8 Post by Vatina »

Really? But they have the same name? o_O
Thanks for the info though, since I was thinking about looking into the manga Chrono was talking about.

M12
Veteran

#9 Post by M12 »

I'll share a crazy dream with you. I dreamt about meeting Nanami from Lamune. Moe @__@... What an unhealthy dream...
But it was kinda nice :shock: ~

ihentai

#10 Post by ihentai »

The most powerful ideas of mine came to me in my dreams :) :) :) For example plot for some non-existing anime :)

Reality in dreams is really changed. For example ( i believe anybody have such experience ) when i see a dream about me in my hometown, it is not real hometown, it is some other strange town, with different map and buildings but i know, inside me, that it is it (my hometown )

Very rarely I even played some computer games in my dreams, but even if i _know_ the game title, it was actually not nearly like it in reality. Some resemblance still exists but it is different game for sure :)

The game idea is actually so manga/anime styled that it is probably really existed game with such plot/scenery even if you don't played in that game ! :)

... Or you simply forgot, as mentioned before, about real game you played in the past :) and in dreame you played in distorted image of that game :)