AnimeFest 2014 - Dallas, Tx

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: AnimeFest 2014 - Dallas, Tx

#31 Post by PyTom »

To make it easy for people to get in touch with me during the con, I've provisioned a new phone number for the next week or so. My animefest phone number is:
OUT OF SERVICE
Calls and text work, but if you text, please let me know who you are in the first message. Please, people at/near AnimeFest, please. I'll cancel this number when the con is over.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

VNsNow

#32 Post by VNsNow »

Hello all! Your friendly VNs Now Guy here! Now, I understand that many want to be here at AnimeFest but many cannot. For you I have decided to do a little something special! I'll be doing a live show tonight, tomorrow and Sunday about my experiences here. Tonight's show will be focused on Ayu Sakata's EVN panel. Unfortunately, the audio quality was too bad to rebroadcast, BUT I can give you guys a pretty good feel of it. SO, if you're interested, drop on by! We'll go live around 11:35/11:45 EST! You can find the show here: http://mixlr.com/vnsnowradio

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

#33 Post by LeetMusic »

Pic coming soon.
Last edited by LeetMusic on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#34 Post by KittyKatStar »

AnimeFest is officially over. I feel so much happened so fast I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted with everyone. Plus the hotel's wifi fee was super expensive so finding people was hard... OTZ

But yea it was nice to meet everyone! (Sorry for anyone I missed ;_; I didn't check the forums here during the trip) Tyrantauranox, LeetMusic, PyTom, Komi, Sakebento, etc.

Hope we can do this again, got to see new faces and familiar faces. =) It was a blast!

LeetMusic
Veteran
Completed: Cursed Lands, Roommates, Wildfire: Ticket To Rock, Seeds Of Chaos
Projects: LeetStreet Boys, Paladin Dream, Murder Is Game Over

#35 Post by LeetMusic »

Here is a pic from the group dinner Friday evening. Great meeting everyone!
Attachments
renpy dinner.JPG

VNsNow

#36 Post by VNsNow »

GOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM LEMMASOFT!

Your friendly neighborhood VNs Now Guy here! Unfortunately, as you may have heard, AnimeFest is over. And while it went by way too fast, I had an amazing time meeting everyone, nearly getting crushed by a FLOW concert (TRUE STORY), fighting over TimTams (ANOTHER TRUE STORY) and meeting some of the talented people that make up this community. While a lot of my plans didn't work out, I was able to get interviews with everyone who made it to the con! They've been edited into one podcast that you can hear RIGHT NOW! So check it out over on VNs Now!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#37 Post by sasquatchii »

LeetMusic wrote:Here is a pic from the group dinner Friday evening. Great meeting everyone!
Awww, that looks like so much fun!! I'm sad I didn't get to go, but I'm going to an anime convention next month, so hopefully I will get to see some of you there! :)
ImageImage

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#38 Post by PyTom »

sasquatchii wrote: Awww, that looks like so much fun!! I'm sad I didn't get to go, but I'm going to an anime convention next month, so hopefully I will get to see some of you there! :)
Which con? You may want to post about in in the new con/meetup thread. In general, it's hard to find people at a con, and communications can be really ratty, so you want to plan things out in advance as much as possible.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by sasquatchii »

PyTom wrote:Which con? You may want to post about in in the new con/meetup thread. In general, it's hard to find people at a con, and communications can be really ratty, so you want to plan things out in advance as much as possible.
Anime Weekend Atlanta! It's an anime convention in atlanta, georgia. I went last year and it was a lot of fun! I'm going this year with my friends and it's something I've really been looking forward to.

It's from September 26 - 28. And I will definitely make a post about it in the new thread :)
ImageImage

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by sasquatchii »

VNsNow wrote:GOOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM LEMMASOFT!

Your friendly neighborhood VNs Now Guy here! Unfortunately, as you may have heard, AnimeFest is over. And while it went by way too fast, I had an amazing time meeting everyone, nearly getting crushed by a FLOW concert (TRUE STORY), fighting over TimTams (ANOTHER TRUE STORY) and meeting some of the talented people that make up this community. While a lot of my plans didn't work out, I was able to get interviews with everyone who made it to the con! They've been edited into one podcast that you can hear RIGHT NOW! So check it out over on VNs Now!
Oh. My god!!! I was just wishing for a VN podcast the other day (l listen to tons of podcasts but haven't been able to find any that were specifically about visual novels) and I've been listening to episode 25 and I love it! Do you take donations?

I also had no idea Renpy was pronounced ren-pai. I had been saying ren-pee. Mind = blown. It's also really cool to hear everyone's voice from the forums! Anyways, just wanted to comment to say how awesome the podcast is, and now I'm going to go back and listen to every single one!
ImageImage