Japan and gun crime?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Japan and gun crime?

#16 Post by LVUER »

Sharm wrote:You know, I've heard people say that before but no one who's actually seen that sort of effect first person. It seems to all be heard from somewhere undefinable. I know lots of people who own guns and haven't seen anything like that. Maybe it's more true if someone isn't familiar with it and treats it like something strange and powerful instead of just a really dangerous mechanical device. I have seen that effect with other things though, like cars or knives, so maybe it's less to do with the object and more to do with the person.
Of course it's not the same for everyone. The effect is something like this, like say you're in an office and you're just a worker. Someone bugging you, what can you do? But if you are the manager/director, you'll surely tell that person to "buzz off".

The same if you're wielding a gun, when you feel something bugging you, or worse: threatening you, you'll act different from when you don't have a gun at all... or when you're pretty sure that something doesn't have a gun as well...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

Rather than wading in with statistics about gun crime, I think I'll put my forum admin hat on for a second and point out that we have a rule against political discussions on the forum. If people want to really specifically talk about gun crime in Japan, we'll allow that. But I think there are better places than LSF for discussing how guns increase or decrease crime, and if you want to discuss this, please go there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GunPolitics is one such forum, maybe.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#18 Post by Rinima »

PyTom wrote:Rather than wading in with statistics about gun crime, I think I'll put my forum admin hat on for a second and point out that we have a rule against political discussions on the forum. If people want to really specifically talk about gun crime in Japan, we'll allow that. But I think there are better places than LSF for discussing how guns increase or decrease crime, and if you want to discuss this, please go there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GunPolitics is one such forum, maybe.
Thank you.
(though to be fair, I posted this mostly cause i knew there are some people on here that live in in Japan, and though there input would be useful)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#19 Post by Sharm »

Ah, my apologies, Pytom. I'd gotten my forums mixed up and forgotten that this was one of the ones with that rule.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard