For an unfortunate artist

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Appota
Completed: Chainsaw Rage ; Robo's Escape ; Ava Me - Anime Dress Up
Projects: Project - X ; Fruit Shooter
Organization: Appota

For an unfortunate artist

#1 Post by Appota »

First of all, I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time with this story, but this is something that you don't see everyday, and perhaps it may help you realize something that you haven't yet just like I did.

There was an artist who helped me illustrating some of my OCs a year or two before. She was very friendly and passionate with her work, but fell ill quite often. Back then I only knew that she had anemia, she got dizziness so very often. Recently I just happened to ran into her deviantart gallery, and found out that she is very ill and has to stay in the hospital since last year. I sent a message to her friend to ask about her current condition, turns out that she's suffering through brain damaged due to lack of blood supply. Thing is, her arm is paralyzed and her vision is lost as a consequence.

As I heard the news, I could not imagine what she is going through. I am not an artist nor writer, just a producer of a studio, but I can't imagine what it would be like if suddenly I was unable to lift my arm or the world suddenly turns into darkness, let alone an artist. The idea is a devastating to think of, I wish that she'd hang in there. After the acknowledgement, I just realized that there might be unexpected occurences that will probably turn your life upside down, and you cannot know when it's going to happen, or if it can be solved, so you gotta enjoy everything when you're still able to.

I lack words to express my feelings, but I sincerely hope for her a time where she can live in the light again. I still haven't been able to repay her for what she had done for me. My words are just winds, but that's all I have to support her.

Here is her dA link if you may happen to know her: http://wizrin.deviantart.com/

Thank you for your time.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: For an unfortunate artist

#2 Post by thebackup »

Don't know much about her, but I hear her. I can certainly say that I know what it feels like being unable to move your arms. Got quite sick a long while back, arms cramped up and was unable to move them. Gosh, that was one of the the scariest things I ever felt, I thought my body was shutting down. That was fixed by re-hydration, thankfully.

It's certainly a scary thought, being unable to do things you love doing, just because of a flip of a switch.

My condolences, and best wishes to her. May she be able to do what she loves again.

Appota
Completed: Chainsaw Rage ; Robo's Escape ; Ava Me - Anime Dress Up
Projects: Project - X ; Fruit Shooter
Organization: Appota

#3 Post by Appota »

Thank you for your kindness, I'm relieved to hear that you have fully recovered, I cannot bear the thought of being unable to move your arms or see the lights. I heard that she draw visual novel as well, but I don't know if she ever been here or if there's anyone who worked with her knows about her current state.

UnseenKingdom
Completed: Artisan: Going Home Again
Organization: Unseen Kingdom Studios

#4 Post by UnseenKingdom »

I realize this post is a bit late, but I only just heard of it. I'm so sorry for the difficulty that poor girl is going through. Our hearts go out to her. Thank you for telling us though. I'm not sure how much the well wishes of stranger may mean to her and her family, but if they can bring any comfort, I'm glad to have been able to give them.

Also, it's good that you recovered Backup! These things are scary, but as hard as it seems at the time, you can come through it.

ArachneJericho
Regular
Projects: Kaguya Hime
Tumblr: mousedeerproductions

#5 Post by ArachneJericho »

Oh my goodness. :(

My heart goes out to her. I hope she gets better. My words are inadequate, but what words would be?...