Secret Santa 2014

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Secret Santa 2014

#1 Post by Caveat Lector »

So…
Since I had a lot of fun with Secret Santa last year, I think we should do it again this year! In a way, it sort of brings us together—we learn about each other’s interests, get to know both the old and the new members, and we just revel in the giving spirit of the holidays in general. I’ve decided to be the one to start it up this year (with TsukiShima's help), and this will be my first Secret Santa-hosting experience ever, so bear with me on this. I’ve looked at past SS hosters in the past, and I hope to be able to adequately follow their examples.

This year will more or less follow the same rules and structure as the ones from 2010, 2011, and 2013. The rules from 2013 are copied and pasted here for reference:
1. Submit your wishlist! (18 Nov - 1 Dec)
Please PM me or comment here your wishlist; it can be more than one.
The present you wish for be in the form of art, fanfiction, music, short game, or anything! If you don't wish to be specific (and it would be easier for you Secret Santa), you can request a theme, characters, or anything related to your request!
The deadline for submitting your wishlist would be 1 December (can be extend upon request), after that date no wishlist would be excepted (unless there's a special case).

2. Present working stage. (1 Dec - 23 / 24 Dec )
Each one participant would receive a PM of other's wishlist, instantly becoming their Secret Santa.
The date is set on 1 Dec. until 25 Dec. So please finish your present earlier before 25, we don't want to have anyone disappointed.
The present can be in any form (if your requester didn't specify them):
- Arts : Fanarts, comics, video, animations, wallpapers, etc.
- Writing : Fanfiction, short story, review, poems, etc.
- Musics : BGM, theme song, lyrics, etc.
- Programming : Short fangame, gui, etc.
- or anything else, get creative!
If you feel that you cannot make it, please PM me and we'll see how we can help each other.
Whatever you do please DO NOT MESSAGE THE RECEIVER FOR THE PRESENT.

3. Present time! (23 / 24 / 25 Dec )
Time to give your presents! You can either upload here in this forum topic, or PM them yourself. You can start submitting your present on 23 Dec. (considering you'll be busy on 24 or 25) or later, but please do not submit it too late, like on January.
If you do not receive your presents after 30 Dec. PM me and I'll try to contact your Secret Santa.

---
Additional rules (partially based around posts on the forum topic last year):

. If the request is fandom-related, please at least provide a basic reference for the characters or source material.

. If you cannot fulfill your SS's request (ie, SS asks for fanart but you can't draw), I will contact your SS and ask them if they can change it. Let me know also if you have other talents (writing, programming, composing music, etc.) that you could use to fulfill a different request instead.

. I will PM you once a week—every Sunday—to see how your Secret Santa present is coming along. I expect to at least get either a brief "It’s going great!" or "Uh, I think I'm kind of drowning in this, is there anyway you can help me?". If I do not receive a reply once, I will try again in a few days. If I don’t get a reply after a third try, you will be assumed “disappeared”, and have your name crossed off on the main page.

. In relation to the above, if your SS disappears, I will try to find a back-up SS (so if anyone wants to volunteer for this, please do!).

. The present can either be posted here in the main topic itself, or PM’d to your SS. If your present is finished before present time but you know in advance you will not be able to access the LSF forums to post it and/or send it on Dec. 25, then send it to me and I will send it to your SS.

. Please don't edit a past post in this topic to let us know how your present is coming along--if you must, please make a new post within the main topic.

. If you find yourself overwhelmed and want to drop out, PM me or TsukiShima and we will try to see what we can do for your SS.

. If someone isn't certain what a request means or how it's phrased or what specifically the requester is looking for, just ask me or TsukiShima and we'll contact your SS and try to get it straightened out. Keep in mind that misunderstandings and miscommunications happen, and try to be patient with us and your SS.

. While it's generally best to have a few wishes in mind in case it turns out someone can or can't fill it out, don't feel obligated to come up with something for every single talent and ability! For that matter, don't feel obligated to restrict it to just one item, either. If, for example, you want to list off "art: this ; writing: that", feel free, but don't feel like you're obligated to. A simple "I'd like some fanart of this" is fine, too. Again, I repeat, if your wish turns out to be unfulfillable for whatever reason (and this can happen even if you try to list off everything that could possibly relate to a wide variety of abilities), I or TsukiShima will contact your SS and talk to both them and you and try to come up with an alternative arrangement.

. Finally, have fun! Tis the season to be jolly!

I’ll go first just to get the wish list rolling:

[Note: Green text = Present received)

WISHLIST

1. akemicchi: My wishlist:
* Fanfiction of my WIP Magicians of Delphine. Any theme or any character of the main characters is alright. Even if it's just a single scene! I will love you forever all the same.
* Fanart of Magicians of Delphine. I'd love to see a comic/4koma, but simple Christmas/New Year theme is nice, too. Though it would be cool to see a modern day military theme...

2. Anne: Wishlist: anything Shinsengumi-related, art, fiction, music, full game (who knows? 8)), anything goes, historical or for any existing series (Hakuoki, Peacemaker, Kaze Hikaru...)

3. azurextwilight: My wishlist:
- Music : Anything I can use for Re:Set series
- Writing/Art : More Gerald and Mike being cute together is always welcome
- Programming : I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU CODE FANCY GALLERIES

4. Boomsickle:
Euphoric Confession BGM. A background track of bliss to be played when the final confession of her/his love is finally displayed.
Short Character Vignettes. A short impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or gives a trenchant impression about a character, idea, setting, or object.

5. bosinpai: So, I'd like a gift (picture, song, text...) that shows off a particular technique, reasonably simple, but impressive enough that one would want to try and reproduce it: a way to draw clothes or hair; a nice chord progression; a way to build up suspense in a narrative... Possibly with a "making-of"-style commentary.

6. Caveat Lector: This year, I would love to have some sort of logo--either a gothic, beautiful logo with an equally gothic, beautiful title; or a mystery-titled logo (not for any project in particular, but just to have as general reference if I end up using said title), OR a lovely piece of fanart/fanfiction for Amnesia: The Dark Descent that somehow relates to the characters (more information on characters can be found here) (I'd also love it to somehow be Chanukah-themed!).

7. chocojax: Wishlist: anything following the theme of a dark, cold winter night. With something being frozen or freezing. Can involve my OCs or unnamed characters.

8.Coldreaver:
Wishlist: Music: Industrial background music. Dark, gloomy, futuristic. It would be for an idea I have ... (If you're not sure what Industrial is: The Tiberian Sun Soundtrack, Samael - Sound Of Galaxies...)
Art: I would also be happy about fanart featuring Sarasvati from Kore Wa Zombie desuka or/and Sabrina from Pokémon (I absolutely love them xD) No ecchi please. I want them cute. ._.[color]

9. crestforge: My wishlist:
- Fan art/fic of characters from Final Fantasy 6 (Shadow with interceptor please. Or Sabin. Actually, any of them will do xD) in a winter/Christmas theme.
- OR, Fan art/fic of characters from Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 (preferably Lynn or Aera but again, just run with it ^^) in a winter/Christmas theme.

10. CSV: Wishlist: I would love to have art of the two main characters in my project, Wish. Or a piece of soft, haunting instrumental music I could use as a theme song.

11. DragoonHP: My wish: VN recommendations / Novel Recommendation. I don't really have a preferred genre since I read almost everything I can get my hands on.

12. eileen: My wishlist:
Art- Fan art from one of my current projects that I'm working on. It can be yuri or not.
A short comic featuring my characters is another option. This is only yuri though,

13. Elze: Wishlist:
Programming - A working GUI that I can tweak, with instructions on how to replace the images with my own
Music - Anything that has the violin or the Strings orchestra, or something uplifting
Writing - A short story that involves coffee, preferably something heart-warming, happy or bitter sweet. OR a short fluffy love story. Double dibs if it's both <3
Art - Art of this guy. Please put him in a warm winter outfit C:

14. enigma: Writing: Any sort of writing about my WIP Freedom from Silence. It's currently in the ideas forum but the real WIP will be going up in about two days.

15. firecat:
art - youtube channel art at the size of a tv screen with my characters (ill post it when its time).
music - a 3 minute action sound like exploring battle of a boss fight.
programming - a easter egg code to lets the player some how discover it by chance.

16. Godline:
My wishlist: a cute, short game about discovering meaning to life or philosophy [I'm a deep thinker!]
ORRRR something fan-y based off of Anne and I's latest game - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=29286 :) Art/music inspired by/writing/whatever

17. Haze: I would like anything related to the latest project I've completed, Time Like These(link's in my sig, but just in case...)

18. Hazel-Bun: Artist - Any character or scene from my VN projects, Blood Lad, Naruto, or a still illustration of one of my drabbles. Links in my sig.!
Musician - A sad emotional piece please and thank you!
Writer - Fanfic about one of my VNs, or NaruxHina or BloodxFuyumi if you're a Naruto/Blood Lad fan :D
Coder - Code for accessibility features like enlarging text and such or, one of my drabbles using free resources of you want :D Something artsy I guess?
Voice Actor - Recording of a character from one of my VNs or a drabble!
Video Editing - I'm not sure Ah, an AMV of sorts?

19. Hijiri: All I really can ask for is either art or a fic on Death Rule: lost code.

20. ibukichan: My wishlist:
-Fanart/fanfiction/short game based on the manga/anime Soul Eater (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Eater_(manga))
-A murder/mystery-themed logo for my WIP game, Half-Dead in Despair

21. Josie: I'm up for any fanfic or fanart for Pluvial features any of the characters (opt: with cats or puppies)

22. Katta: My wishlist: a story outline for Rynth (preferably something about him and MC, MC can be either gender so the story may be whatever you like) or fanart of him

23. ludeshka: I would love to see writing, or art, or whatever your talented mind can produce inspired by either Rhyme or Reason http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=27270 or Hierofanía http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=13833 (if you're adventurous and don't mind it's a work in progress, you can do something from Hierofanía 2's demo ^^)

24. Mithrilda: My wishlist:
-Arts: I'd love to see some Fullmetal Alchemist or Code Geass fan art.
-Music: Maybe a short piece of Princess Maker style music? I just played it and I just loved the music!
-Other: Maybe a list of your favorite names? I always like new character name ideas

25. raistlintg: I'd like anything related to Sharin no Kuni
https://vndb.org/v57
OR Katawa Shoujo
https://vndb.org/v945

26. Reikun: Anyway, my wishlist for different disciplines!
- Art: anybody from my wip Theo in traditional Chinese clothes (any era, any style, cross-dressing, whatever. All is welcome)
- Writing: Theo alternate universe (of your choosing)
- Programming: magical code that lets fade different images in and out for the main menu background???? IDK I'm sorry I have no idea how this would work

27. Rinima: My wishlist:
Either a fanart for my game 'When The Rain Falls' (I don't mind if this is only a sketch or something quick, or full blown arty art, just fan art in general is cool :) )
Or a fanfic around Clannad, focused on Sunohara.

28. Rossfellow: I want/need promotional art I can feature in an in-game gallery for my current project, Sedatophobia. Other than that I'll take anything.

29. Shinoki: Art - yuri fanart of Hua and Hong from a manhua called All Hail Empress Her Majesty by ZCloud
Writing - Some cute yuri thing
Other - I look forward to surprises, but note that I like cute girls. I'm not too good with yaoi, sorry.

30. SilverHyena: Anything related to either of my games, Sacred Sand or Mira's Magical Mishap. Or, if you're not comfortable with doing something related to a bxb or gxg game, some Dangan Ronpa fan art would be good (from the first game or the second one. They're both awesome)

31. theskiesareblue:
Art: CG of a cutesy/silly couple making christmas cookies together. or kissing underneath a mistletoe. or just being incredibly adorable and spending their christmas time happily together. I'm not picky :)
Music: a unique, strange, and beautiful original song. maybe with elements of sadness and hope mixed in as well. again, a lot of freedom on this one.

32. xavimat: My wishlist:
- I'd like something Fear&Love-related
- OR something cute Christmas-related.
Last edited by Caveat Lector on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: Secret Santa 2014

#2 Post by firecat »

ill join as well, my wishlist is only for 1 thing a youtube channel with full tv resolution for my project 'The Unknowns'. it does not have to be fancy or anything it just needs the characters on it. I know i can just make one myself but i am very bad at art, the current channel is not that hard to make it only has 3 characters a background and text which does not look well on tv. if anyone is willing to do this i'll be so ever grateful.

ill upload the characters in a folder once the event starts.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#3 Post by Reikun »

WHOO! Thanks for hosting this Caveat Lector!!!

Any reason why you want to check up twice a week? :O Some people may be busy and only check their PMs/mail near the end of the week so it would be weird to see two PMs about the same thing... I think once a week should be sufficient if you want to make sure people are on track. I'd also add a thing asking people who decide to drop out to PM you instead of posting in the thread since it's easier to miss posts.

Anyway, my wishlist for different disciplines!
- Art: anybody from my wip Theo in traditional Chinese clothes (any era, any style, cross-dressing, whatever. All is welcome)
- Writing: Theo alternate universe (of your choosing)
- Programming: magical code that lets fade different images in and out for the main menu background???? IDK I'm sorry I have no idea how this would work

And I would like to be a substitute Santa if the need arises!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

#4 Post by ibukichan »

I'd love to join!

My wish list:
-Fanart/fanfiction/short game based on the manga/anime Soul Eater (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Eater_(manga))
-A murder/mystery-themed logo for my WIP game, Half-Dead in Despair

Looking forward to it!! :D

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]

#5 Post by Caveat Lector »

Thanks to everyone who's posted so far, and I look forward to many more to come!
Reikun wrote:Any reason why you want to check up twice a week? :O Some people may be busy and only check their PMs/mail near the end of the week so it would be weird to see two PMs about the same thing... I think once a week should be sufficient if you want to make sure people are on track. I'd also add a thing asking people who decide to drop out to PM you instead of posting in the thread since it's easier to miss posts.
It's more of a matter of double-checking, but now that you mention it, yeah, it might be best to go just the once. TsukiShima checked in every couple of days, and things more or less went smoothly on track!

As for the second point, sure, I can add that to the list! I'll also make a posting about new rules here as it goes along:

. I will check in via PM once a week on Sunday's to see how it's coming along.

. If you find yourself overwhelmed and want to drop out, PM me or TsukiShima and we will try to see what we can do for your SS.
Reader Beware!

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#6 Post by chocojax »

I also wish to participate! :D

Wishlist: anything following the theme of a dark, cold winter night. With something being frozen or freezing. Can involve my OCs or unnamed characters.

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#7 Post by akemicchi »

Ooh, I want to join! :)

My wishlist:
* Fanfiction of my WIP Magicians of Delphine. Any theme or any character of the main characters is alright. Even if it's just a single scene! I will love you forever all the same.
* Fanart of Magicians of Delphine. I'd love to see a comic/4koma, but simple Christmas/New Year theme is nice, too. Though it would be cool to see a modern day military theme...

I'm glad the checks will be once a week. Will you be cutting the number of times people can miss check-ins because of that? Like, two misses you'll be crossed out the list? If we get someone that eventually gets crossed out the list, what will happen to the present we're working on?

Thank you for doing something like this, by the way! ^^

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#8 Post by Haze »

Yay, Secret Santa! I'm definitely going to participate this year! :D

I would like anything related to the latest project I've completed, Time Like These(link's in my sig, but just in case...)
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#9 Post by Rinima »

Ohh, didn't take part last year so I'll do it this year :D

My wishlist:
Either a fanart for my game 'When The Rain Falls' (I don't mind if this is only a sketch or something quick, or full blown arty art, just fan art in general is cool :) )
Or a fanfic around Clannad, focused on Sunohara.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#10 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wanna join!

My wishlist:
- Music : Anything I can use for Re:Set series
- Writing/Art : More Gerald and Mike being cute together is always welcome
- Programming : I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU CODE FANCY GALLERIES

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Caveat Lector »

List updated!
I'm glad the checks will be once a week. Will you be cutting the number of times people can miss check-ins because of that? Like, two misses you'll be crossed out the list? If we get someone that eventually gets crossed out the list, what will happen to the present we're working on?
It's easier for me to operate on a "three strikes you're out" system mostly because it's just ingrained into my mind for so long. Besides, three check-ins will give the SS more of a chance to reply if they're busy that week. If there's no reply by the following Friday or Saturday, they will be presumed missing and crossed off. But hopefully this won't happen!

As for the present, I assume you mean if you're the SS of the missing SS, right? PM me, and I'll see what I can do. I may also try to consult TsukiShima on it.
Reader Beware!

Mithrilda
Regular

#12 Post by Mithrilda »

Sounds awesome! Thanks for doing this :)

My Wishlist:

-Arts: I'd love to see some Fullmetal Alchemist or Code Geass fan art.
-Music: Maybe a short piece of Princess Maker style music? I just played it and I just loved the music!
-Other: Maybe a list of your favorite names? I always like new character name ideas :)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#13 Post by TsukiShima »

firecat wrote:ill join as well, my wishlist is only for 1 thing a youtube channel with full tv resolution for my project 'The Unknowns'. it does not have to be fancy or anything it just needs the characters on it. I know i can just make one myself but i am very bad at art, the current channel is not that hard to make it only has 3 characters a background and text which does not look well on tv. if anyone is willing to do this i'll be so ever grateful.

Hello, sorry to say this but we feel that your wish is a bit... too high? Or difficult. I understand that you want a youtube channel about your game, but what does 'with full tv resolution' means? Is it a video that you want?

It is not that we don't want to grant your wish, but like you, not everyone has good art and experience to do this. Making a video takes a bit of practice and time consuming, and I'm afraid you would be disappointed in the end. Plus, opening a whole new youtube channel means that your SS has to open a new email for the youtube channel, which is more extra work. Please consider this.

If possible, can you list down some easier requests for your Santa to do, mainly art-based and written-based? At least your Santa can choose to make one of them.
Caveat Lector wrote:
It's easier for me to operate on a "three strikes you're out" system mostly because it's just ingrained into my mind for so long. Besides, three check-ins will give the SS more of a chance to reply if they're busy that week. If there's no reply by the following Friday or Saturday, they will be presumed missing and crossed off. But hopefully this won't happen!

As for the present, I assume you mean if you're the SS of the missing SS, right? PM me, and I'll see what I can do. I may also try to consult TsukiShima on it.
Well if you have done the present 100%, it's best to just post the present here nd give it them anyway, because you have already done your part. But yes, hopefully no one will be missing.

Last year we had a problem of someone went missing too, but it was solved by 'switching' the wishlists (I won't say how, haha).

One way to solve this; if you KNOW that you will be busy by the following week, PM us that you will be away and unavailable to respond, but promise, promise to work on your gift. We cannot spy you, so we are putting our trust.

Let's do our best this year!

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#14 Post by sendo »

Sounds fun, I want in too!

My wishlist:
- Fan art/fic of characters from Final Fantasy 6 (Shadow with interceptor please. Or Sabin. Actually, any of them will do xD) in a winter/Christmas theme.
- OR, Fan art/fic of characters from Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 (preferably Lynn or Aera but again, just run with it ^^) in a winter/Christmas theme.
Finished VNs:
Image Image

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#15 Post by firecat »

TsukiShima wrote:
firecat wrote:ill join as well, my wishlist is only for 1 thing a youtube channel with full tv resolution for my project 'The Unknowns'. it does not have to be fancy or anything it just needs the characters on it. I know i can just make one myself but i am very bad at art, the current channel is not that hard to make it only has 3 characters a background and text which does not look well on tv. if anyone is willing to do this i'll be so ever grateful.

Hello, sorry to say this but we feel that your wish is a bit... too high? Or difficult. I understand that you want a youtube channel about your game, but what does 'with full tv resolution' means? Is it a video that you want?

It is not that we don't want to grant your wish, but like you, not everyone has good art and experience to do this. Making a video takes a bit of practice and time consuming, and I'm afraid you would be disappointed in the end. Plus, opening a whole new youtube channel means that your SS has to open a new email for the youtube channel, which is more extra work. Please consider this.

If possible, can you list down some easier requests for your Santa to do, mainly art-based and written-based? At least your Santa can choose to make one of them.
Caveat Lector wrote:

Well if you have done the present 100%, it's best to just post the present here nd give it them anyway, because you have already done your part. But yes, hopefully no one will be missing.

Last year we had a problem of someone went missing too, but it was solved by 'switching' the wishlists (I won't say how, haha).

One way to solve this; if you KNOW that you will be busy by the following week, PM us that you will be away and unavailable to respond, but promise, promise to work on your gift. We cannot spy you, so we are putting our trust.

Let's do our best this year!

i dont think you read it through its a channel art :? and it does not have to be all super good its just needs to be organized.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot