The editorship of the RAA (random rants included)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Mr. E
Regular

The editorship of the RAA (random rants included)

#1 Post by Mr. E »

Ahem. Let me begin this post with a little off-topic rant about my life.
[rant]
I've just recently received a scholarship to travel and study in Japan. That is great knews for me, especially since my homecountry has almost no university courses in the area I want. I will travel there in the 1st week of April, so that leaves 12 weeks and 2 days left for me to sort out my life. :P
But that also means that I'll be increasingly busy these next few days. I desperately need to improve my Japanese. I need to get my visa out and deal with the general bureocracy that goes with every immigration process ( I'll be studying there for three years and the university fees will be entirely covered by the scholarship 8) ).
I'd also like to finish my current project, Nightcrawlers and Lunatics, before going there, since I'll have no guarantee that I'll have enough time to work on it there. Not in the first few months, that is certain. :?
[/rant]
But that leaves a certain obligation of mine quite forgotten... My duties as editor of the RAA. As anyone can tell, I've already been lagging behind lately. End of the year crunch in university followed by holidays and finally with these great news have been distracting me even more than usual. I know I shouldn't have taken the job if I wasn't capable of doing it, but I wasn't expecting things to change so much so quickly. :shock:
My life has taken a few unexpected turns lately, and I fear this neglecting of the archives may continue... That's why I want to ask someone to assume the editorship of the RAA in my place a bit earlier than planned.
Although always a temporary editor, I wanted to continue until March because if I recieved the scholarship ( I wasn't sure until a few days ago ) I'd still have enough time. But many things happened, shedules and timelines were broken and now I feel that I can't do all that I want AND still upload new games to the RAA like I should.
This scholarship is really important to me. It's literally the best opportunity in my life so far. My game has also grown quite a lot on me, and I would hate to leave it uncompleted.
So please, if anyone can assume the editorship of the RAA I'd be immensly grateful. :cry:

I can explain it more carefully later if anyone wants to and may also help as much as I can until march.
This discussion would have to come up sooner or later and my current circunstances just quickened things. I will stop editing the archives in the 1st of March. That much is certain. But if anyone will step up a couple months early and assume the post, it would help me a lot.
Thanks in advance and sorry for the new topic. I'm not sure if this fit in the RAA thread or not and also wanted this to be noticed by more people... :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: The editorship of the RAA (random rants included)

#2 Post by mikey »

Unfortunately, I can't offer my services again. I need to be a bit of an egoist at this time and I told myself community-related activities are basically a no. It takes a lot of thinking and responsibility off my back, so I'm sticking with it at least for now.

Still, of course it's not good news - actually I feel more affected by this than by the whole Hirameki thing. I really love the RAA and what it stands for - even more than I like the idea of English non-H VNs becoming a profitable business (though there is nothing wrong with that idea either).

But it's all not really tragic, on the contrary, perhaps the first thing should have been to congratulate you to getting what you wanted. As for the RAA, I hope someone will volunteer. FWIW I always considered it an honor, and I'm very proud to have been active in the RAA. And if I had a clone now, the RAA would probably be his #1 priority.

Though of course that kind of a philosophical approach to RAA editoship isn't really needed, it just needs someone who will upload new games and make the occasional correction or ask for permission... - so let's be optimistic about it all.

Also, it's kind of late, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm writing here. :(

#3 Post by Guest »

I nominate DaFool for the post...

"POOF" (Hides and waits)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Congratulations for the 3-year scholarship in Japan! It's a dream come true.
I nominate DaFool for the post...

"POOF" (Hides and waits)
DaFool politely declines.