LSF @ 5 - Celebrations

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Mikan
Veteran

Re: LSF @ 5 - Celebrations

#61 Post by Mikan »

Let's hold another voice conference!
I suggest next Friday around 4~5PM EST (this was when the chat was the most active, I think)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#62 Post by PyTom »

Well, I'm going to keep the server up tomorrow, as I think some people weren't around on friday. After that, we may want to consider doing this on a monthly basis or so. (So as not to spend all our time here.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

M12
Veteran

#63 Post by M12 »

Thanks for organising the event, PyTom. It was awesome! And thanks to everyone who participated. LSF lives!

I blogged about the event:

http://tdomj.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/happy-bday-lsf/

Hopefully you can all check it out and drop a word! Thanks =D.

Jake
Support Hero

#64 Post by Jake »

It was fun to chat with you guys! Even if it was the middle of the night and I had to keep my voice down to avoid waking someone up in the next room!

I like the idea of it becoming a semi-regular fixture - like that, if I turn up to enough of them, I might be able to persuade my brain to remember that "Ren'Py" is supposed to be pronounced "Ren-Pie", not "Ren-Pee". I'd come across the term "ren'ai" before, but for some reason my language centre refuses to believe that the two are remotely related... ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#65 Post by PyTom »

Don't think of it that way, then. Think of how you pronounce the name of the snake/programming language/comedy troupe python. pie-thon. Ren'Py takes its second syllable from that, pronouncing it the same way.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#66 Post by mikey »

It was truly great to have participated in the virtual LSF@5 get-togethers this Friday/Saturday. It felt really special, meeting a lot of people in a live chatroom, and talk with some of them - especially since I normally don't chat or even voicechat, it was a great experience.

What I think I will remember the most was the initial silence when everyone connected in the voice chat the first time. Somehow this will be my strongest memory. :oops: I was nervous, my equipment broke down, and then I got it running again, then we talked until I was too tired... it's one of the things that can't be planned or anticipated - and it felt the more special as a result. It's been really great meeting you all.

Because I treated this as a one-time thing, I won't be using the chatroom now, or the chat for that matter. It does take a lot of time away.

But, when I woke up after sleeping over the chat, I got inspired by the atmosphere (especially how it connected people from around the world - I know this is not so special these days, but actually - it is) and the whole day I was writing - so I hope that today in the night and later with some help I can finish soon a small game s a sort of last thankyou and goodbye from the LSF@5 celebrations. It's going to be called "EVEning Course", and if all goes well, it can be ready within a few days.

Once again, it's been a great experience, and I'm probably getting a bit sentimental, so I should get back to working on this game - this one will be for all LSF@5 participants, a huge thanks for organizing this event and participating in it - and I'm going back to Scite now.
Jake wrote:It was fun to chat with you guys! Even if it was the middle of the night and I had to keep my voice down to avoid waking someone up in the next room!
Too bad I missed you, I logged off at around two in the morning, CET... I was so tired :( On the plus side, my wife routinely misses clock alarms, so I could talk as loud as I wanted :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#67 Post by musical74 »

It would have been great to participate - I got to have a bit of a chat with Jake, which was nice! - but as I don't have a mic...couldn't :(

I tried last night but as no one was typing anything...was too hard to tell if anyone was saying anything or if everyone was just shy! That's the dangers of not having a mic and everyone else having one...feel left out!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#68 Post by Vatina »

Aww too bad I couldn't take part. I had to prepare for and partake in a funeral ._. (And I don't have a mic anyway...)

It's nice to hear that it went so well though! Meeting you on the irc chat alone has been fun ^^

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#69 Post by monele »

Geh... I've been "away" for two days, both because of work and because of health reasons... which made be forget it was this friday already @_@... Ah well... happy belated birthday ^^;

denzil
Veteran

#70 Post by denzil »

The voice chat was really fun, even though I could only listen. I'm looking forward to the next one, I even bought myself microphone, because if it will as fun as it was this time it will be worth it.
I wonder what I will remember most. Mikey's computer taking down the Skype chat quite few times or PyTom saying "I like your voice" or... Well probably it will be the fun the whole thing was. On a sidenote: If you are looking for a male voice actor for your game PyTom might be worth asking.
If this voice thing is going to be happening monthly and you missed this or were afraid to join - if you will be able try joining next time. It's worth it.
Practice makes purrrfect.
Finished projects: Broken sky .:. colorless day .:. and few more...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#71 Post by mikey »

denzil wrote:I wonder what I will remember most. Mikey's computer taking down the Skype chat quite few times...
I will definitely remember the half-hour - I just came to the IRC and people told me the chat is going on, I thought well, too late - but it wasn't, and in the last minute I downloaded Skype, made an account... crashed the chat, then was desperate, then rewired my modem, it didn't work, so I had to download drivers (rewire again), and then it didn't work again, but then I got a third computer and it worked... it was like in the movies when they race against time to diffuse a bomb ^_^. And thanks a lot to the people who helped me via IRC to get this set up.

I've just finished making the game I mentioned before, so it should be available soon - it only needs a bit of customizing, a few checks and packaging now. Icons and readme,... I really hate doing that.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#72 Post by Otaku Dash »

Damn examns and RL probs... I missed the date! T_T *sighs* And teh chat too.. damn...*ighs again* Oh well... a late happy birthday Lemmasoft.. thanks for bringing up a great cummunity and opening the hearts of many to the love and sharing of visual novels .

MAY THE LOVE CONTINUE TO SPREAD FOR MANY YEARS TO COME!!! =3

Stupid question: what is the lemmasoft IRC channel...? A bit busy so I couldn't check it yet ^^;

EDIT: Ok nevermind.. I just went a page back and saw it ^^; *goes to a corner embaressedly and shamefully*
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)