looking for unique ways to tell "her" that i love her.

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Re: looking for unique ways to tell "her" that i love her.

#16 Post by rioka »

Wow, congrats! :D

Regular
Projects: Ren'Py Russian distributive

#17 Post by 000 »

Der Tor wrote:i just wanted to tell you that we decided that we gonna marry :D

Oh and... she wrote some pretty cool fantasy stories... i might make them into a Visual Novel... well that is i would if i where any good at it :?

Anyone interested in helping me? She's wrote a lot of stories to pick from, and they all have a lot of elements that are perfect for ren'ai games (a lot of romance, supernormal abilities, magical girls, evil bloodsucking vilains etc.)
Congratlations!!! I wish you to live togever forever happily and have healthy children!

Now, for stories part. I don't want to shoot your hopes down, but... You might realize it yourself, but not all great stories can be transformed into great visual novels. There is an important factor of branching and recombining, to say the least... (Altough there is a kinetic novel format.). Most of ren'ai VNs success comes from its characters. If you believe you have well-written lovable characters on hand, together with a nice story (or at least a good story overall for non-ren'ai work) then give it a try.
And one(s) you really need are artists, as you don't have to go implement all that fancy stuff floating around in your first project. I even dare to say you don't have to have the fancy stuff at all. Minimalizm still rulez. And transforming story into Ren'Py script is not SO hard.
I suggest you to pick one relatively small story with braching potential (omit last words, it is my prejustice against KNs saying :wink: )for first time and try to do it with free sprites/call for artists in "WIP&Recruitment" section
<feels sowwy for his Engrish>

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#18 Post by chronoluminaire »

That's awesome news! Congratulations! :D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by DaFool »

Congratulations Der Tor!

Wow... the 'Good Ending' achieved in Real-Life Dating Sim. I'm envious. :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#20 Post by mikey »

All the best in your relationship Der Tor!
DaFool wrote:Wow... the 'Good Ending' achieved in Real-Life Dating Sim. I'm envious. :D
There is this sequel however, RLDS2 - Events take place right after the ending of RLDS1, but it has no courtable characters anymore and plays like a linear visual novel. Production values are lower and the HCGs repeat themselves. And using cheat codes crashes the application. On the other hand daily tasks can be automated and ero scenes skipped. :P

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#21 Post by Der Tor »

LOL... there is still a slight problem though... cause i still haven't defeated all the major bosses which have to be defeated at the end of RLDS1 in order to achieve the best ending - mainly "the girls evil parents who disagree with the goals and personal believes of their daughter and the protagonist". :evil:

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#22 Post by Otaku Dash »

*enigmátic character comes out of nowhere wearing a metal mask (sorry too much Utawarerumono lately XD)*

For the cause of love... I have arrived...

*der tor recieves:
- "Sword of Parental Smithing" + 10";
- "Aegis, Argument reflection shield + 5";
- "Cloak of Hardship endurance + 15";
- "Ring of everlasting bond + 25*

Farewell... *shady character disappears*
------------------------------------------------------

Ok sillyness apart, that's great news... I hope everything goes for the best and that you defeat the ""last bosses" with wisdom and grace *smiles*
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#23 Post by Blue123 »

Oh and... she wrote some pretty cool fantasy stories... i might make them into a Visual Novel... well that is i would if i where any good at it :?

Anyone interested in helping me? She's wrote a lot of stories to pick from, and they all have a lot of elements that are perfect for ren'ai games (a lot of romance, supernormal abilities, magical girls, evil bloodsucking vilains etc.)
EXCELLENT! Well done. Congrats. Happy, long lives to both of you, yes?

herenvardo
Veteran

#24 Post by herenvardo »

First of all, despite sounding repetitive,
Congratulations!!
Der Tor wrote:LOL... there is still a slight problem though... cause i still haven't defeated all the major bosses which have to be defeated at the end of RLDS1 in order to achieve the best ending - mainly "the girls evil parents who disagree with the goals and personal believes of their daughter and the protagonist". :evil:
Are they really evil, or do they just see things from the opposite viewpoint as yours?
It's a fact that, with only very rare exceptions, every parent loves his/her children. This, added to the fact that the "child" in this case is a girl that wants to marry you and you want to marry, should be your best weapon.
My advise (you're free to follow it or not, I simply thing it's the best approach) is:
1. Don't try to rush it: if they didn't like you from the beginning, it will take a while before they start changing their mind.
2. Don't "hate" them, even if they really hate you: hate only leads to hate (and to the Dark Side as well, but you shouldn't worry about that unless you're a Jedi Knight). If they attack you, defend yourself rather than counter-attack.
3. Despite the above point, hold your ground. If they attack you, don't just stand there, but defend yourself.
4. Turn the tides. Some people say "if you can't defeat an enemy, join him"; these people are fools: first they try to defeat that "enemy" (bad idea) and afterwards surrender (worse idea). Instead, don't try to defeat the enemy and make them join you from the very beginning: make'em realize that they are not fighting to keep their daughter away from you, nor you to pull it away from them; you are all fighting for the same goal: to make her happy. Be sure that they want their daughter to be happy... even if they don't know it!

Oh, and a last piece of advise:
000 wrote:Congratlations!!! I wish you to live togever forever happily and have healthy children!
Be sure to have some time to enjoy the "live together forever happily" part before moving to the "have healthy children" part ;)
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P