Gaming Questions

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: Gaming Questions

#31 Post by sake-bento »

What's your greatest/nerdiest achievement in a video game?
Staying up until 4am to play Puyo Puyo Fever. Yeah, not that impressive, but I'm not an impressive gamer. XD Or, I guess, getting to level 12 on the original Tetris before giving up out of sheer boredom. Yes, I play falling puzzle games a lot.
Edit: And I doubt this counts as an achievement, but on the nerdy scale, I would always name my Oregon Trail party members after characters I liked. I was sad when Pikachu got cholera.

What's the dumbest thing you did in a video game?
In Myst, I was trapped by Sirus then by Achenar before realized I had to give the page to Atrus. D: In Star Ocean 3, I went into a boss battle after two of my party members left, and I forgot to move other characters into those slots, so I wound up all alone.

What's the worst game you ever played?
Yu-gi-oh Capsule Monster. Unplayable.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#32 Post by Sailor Kitty »

1. Buying a SNES, a NTSC-to-PAL converter, three controllers and a multitap just to be able to play Secret of mana as orgionally intended.

2. Killed a really mean boss in LOZ:LA, then forgetting to save when turning off the game.

3. Pokemon Ranger
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#33 Post by Efreet »

-What's your greatest/nerdiest achievement in a video game?

Well, I remember completing Star Fox and R-Type on the SNES - that being no saves, just constant play.
Yeah brings back memories. I'm not sure if Halo could count as an achievement, but I did get a couple of good frags - that being a couple of stickies and still coming through with unfair numbers of opposition.

But I don't think I have anything as of yet... Still playing MHF 1 & 2.

-What's the dumbest thing you did in a video game?

Lots of times, but I can't really remember them.

And worst game that I've played? Well something like the Harry Potter games, or perhaps the Sims (though it was fun trying to starve and kill them for a bit).