What do you do when you need a story idea?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
storm-and-fire
Regular

Re: What do you do when you need a story idea?

#16 Post by storm-and-fire »

Hmm... I guess Sailor Kitty, luminarious and I have something in common. ^^

Those of my ideas that I consider the best come from my dreams. I used to have some real awesome dreams when I was in elementary school (read: more than 7 years ago) and I still remember a lot of the details.
However, most of my ideas come from brainstorming and/or daydreaming during classes.

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#17 Post by bloodywyvern »

When I need a story idea? :shock: I don't think I've ever -needed- them, I have far far too many already. I consistently get a small, vague idea that plays itself in my mind a little farther each and every day. It's like watching the next few minutes of the movie a day later and the next day and so on. They usually last a few months or until I start writing it down, then it switches to something new. The catalyst for the start of the idea can be absolutely anything (I've been inspired by a hole in the wall >.>; a small one too). Though when I am critically in need of an idea to piece two together that doesn't want to come...I take a shower. It seems to work for me.

I would use my dreams...except...all of mine are so weird. I wake up feeling insane from the sheer absurdity of most of them. I rarely have anything straight forward or even interesting >.>
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#18 Post by azureXtwilight »

WELL, SOMETIMES WE GET IDES BY OURSELVES, IN THE CLASS, WHEN EATING, ANYWHERE. sO THERE'S NO SPECIFIC PLACE.

(FORGOT TO TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF AND TOO LAZY TO DO IT)

Jake
Support Hero

#19 Post by Jake »

azureXtwilight wrote:(FORGOT TO TURN THE CAPS LOCK OFF AND TOO LAZY TO DO IT)
How exactly does it take less effort to type all that out than to turn your caps lock off?!
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#20 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wrote the message while reading a book with one hand XD, I realized it after I finished typing.