I wonder why??

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Electric Daisy

I wonder why??

#1 Post by Electric Daisy »

Geez...i wonder why i always attracted to anime guys rather than real life dude.Anime guys were so hot that i can't help but drooled over their handsome face.Whenever a real life dude try to hit on me..i would lost my appetites afterward.Their cheesy lines gave me a terrible goosebumps. :(

What about you girls out there?Which one will you pick?Anime guys or real life dude?Feel free to drop your comments. :D

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: I wonder why??

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I confess I've found many fictional characters attractive for different reasons, but have I ever preferred them to a real person? The answer to that question is no.

In particular, many anime characters are prettified and idealized. I'm not into that.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3 Post by MaiMai »

Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#4 Post by SundownKid »

Well there are a few possibilities. Either the guys that are hitting on you really are just that unattractive and/or creepy. Or, they're perfectly normal and you just have unrealistic expectations of what it would consist of. I would have no trouble writing a Cassanova character, but simply working up the courage to say a cheesy pick-up line in real life is no mean feat. (And obviously, everyone in anime is flawless and idealized versions of reality) Lastly it could be that you are just confusing being too shy to engage them as not being attracted to them. It could be that if you gave it more of a chance you would be attracted eventually.

noctos
Regular
Projects: Aeris
Tumblr: noctos

#5 Post by noctos »

MaiMai wrote:Image
*cackles*

But to answer the question, uh... Not recently, no. As a kid I was obnoxiously "attracted" to fictional characters, but it sort of faded over the years. I still feel connected to some, and occasionally wish the guys I interact with in real life had some of their traits, but I wouldn't choose an Anime Bishie over a real person.

Are you sure you don't just have unrealistic expectations? Also, aren't cheesy lines more common in anime/manga than in real life?

jezebelthenun
Regular
Projects: Currently working on my first VN entitled "Lovely End"

#6 Post by jezebelthenun »

There are certain fictional characters who I wish were real people, that's for sure. I think the only animated character I've ever completely fallen in love with, though, is Fry from Futurama. :D
Please fill out this short VN Preference survey!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2XH6MJ8

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#7 Post by Sapphi »

Electric Daisy wrote:Whenever a real life dude try to hit on me..i would lost my appetites afterward.Their cheesy lines gave me a terrible goosebumps. :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You probably just haven't met the right real life dudes.
What about you girls out there?Which one will you pick?Anime guys or real life dude?Feel free to drop your comments. :D
I have a whole Pinterest board full of (mostly) 2D men, but real men are better because:

1. They are warm and you can listen to them breathing and to their heart
2. You can talk to them
3. You can play with them
4. You can cuddle with them
5. You can get cute reactions out of them
6. You can love them
7. You can admire them doing something they are passionate about
8. You can help them do that thing!
9. And also help them do other things 8)

Whereas anime guys... you can only really do 7 and possibly 6.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#8 Post by Kato »

This is actually super interesting. When I was a younger chap I was all about #18 from dbz. Like I was in-freaking-love with her. Although it didn't cause me to swear off real life relationships, it might be the reason why I've settled down with a cute blonde with one hell of a temper :lol:.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#9 Post by Caveat Lector »

You probably just haven't met the right real life dudes.
Not necessarily. Not everyone NEEDS to meet the "right" person in real life. Sometimes, if we do, it's not necessarily going to be someone of the opposite/binary sex. Or maybe it will be. It can be someone completely unexpected.

Anyway, to OP, I say, don't be in a rush. Recognize that there are things you could have in a real-life relationship that would be better than in a one-sided fictional relationship (direct communication, for example), and that what you see is often idealized and prettified, but don't feel like you HAVE to be attracted to someone, nor should you feel obligated to respond to anyone who says things that make you feel uncomfortable.

If you want to meet real-life guys who share your interests and who make you feel comfortable, spend some time with other people. Join an anime club, or a sports team, or a drama group, or whatever. Who knows, maybe you'll bond with someone who also agrees certain anime characters are cute? :wink:

As for me, romantic relationships just aren't a priority right now. If given the choice, I'd pick a real-life, long-lasting relationship with another person. But for now, anime guys are for fanficcing more than anything else.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Electric Daisy

#10 Post by Electric Daisy »

It's kinda hard to admit...but maybe you guys were right.
Perhaps it's true that i just haven't meet the right guy yet..
but still,thanks for all of the advice and opinion.. :)

wendybirdx
Regular

#11 Post by wendybirdx »

When I was much younger (10-14 I'd say), I would prefer fictional guys over real life guys but only because I wasn't really into the whole dating scene yet and liking someone had nothing to do with really wanting a proper relationship but just an aesthetic kind of liking. I didn't realize it much at the time though :P

This has obviously changed, though. As I gained a notion of what a relationship really was, of course I started to look at real life guys differently. (Esp. since they weren't immature kids that threw things at each other and screamed during class anymore, at least for the most part xD)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#12 Post by Taleweaver »

Fictional people are safe to adore and drool over. They'll never hurt you, or do stupid things you dislike. Thus, it's a bit of an unfair comparison.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Kailoto
Veteran
Completed: No VNs, but a few novels. :D
Projects: Artificial, Seven Deaths (inactive)

#13 Post by Kailoto »

Taleweaver wrote:Fictional people are safe to adore and drool over. They'll never hurt you, or do stupid things you dislike. Thus, it's a bit of an unfair comparison.
And in those few cases where fictional characters actually do betray your trust in some way, even if it's mollified a bit, it still hurts.
Things I've Written:
Sakura (Novel, Self Published, 80,000+ words)
City and Girl (Novel, First Draft, 70,000+ words)
Loka (Novel, Third Draft, 120,000+ words)

A layabout writer and programmer with lots of problems and even more ideas. Hyped for Persona 5.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#14 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm not sure if it happens to everyone, but it did happen to me.

It was because of my love for a fictional man from a particular anime, I was able to share interest with who is now my best friend (I would like to say life partner but they haven't agree to me yet ;P) but I just want to say don't lose hope. They are right, you just haven't found the /real/ one that is meant for you.

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#15 Post by Aviala »

If you never feel attraction to real people, I advise you to read about asexuality. Asexual people don't feel sexual attraction. There are also grey aces like demisexuals who only feel sexual attraction in very specific conditions, for example only after getting to know someone very well..