First Date??

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Electric Daisy

First Date??

#1 Post by Electric Daisy »

Hello~~~ :D
I've gotten quite a lot of useful advices and opinions in my past thread,so could you guys please help me one more time for the sake of friendship or at least for the sake of humanity..

You guys said that i need to give a real life dude a chance so I've decide to give this one dude a chance.He's been pestering me for quite a long time.He's kinda good looking and quite a gentleman.So i accepted his offer to go on a date with him.
I'm inexperienced about things like this.I don't even know what to wear.so girls,tell me about your first date experienced please.. :)
Perhaps i could learn a thing from all of your experiences..

I was kinda embarrassed to ask this..hey boys,what type of girl that you guys prefer?
Not the type of girls that you guys like to flirt but the one that you would have a serious relationship with?
I just wanna know it so,can you tell me? :oops:

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

Re: First Date??

#2 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

I wouldn't pay attention to what boys on here or anywhere else say they want. You shouldn't change yourself or pretend to be someone else on your date with this boy. (Or for anyone else.) He obviously likes you just as you are, or he wouldn't have pestered you so long for a date.

Be nice, be yourself, and try to have fun. Wear something that makes you feel comfortable and confident and you'll be fine.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#3 Post by Caveat Lector »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote:I wouldn't pay attention to what boys on here or anywhere else say they want. You shouldn't change yourself or pretend to be someone else on your date with this boy. (Or for anyone else.) He obviously likes you just as you are, or he wouldn't have pestered you so long for a date.

Be nice, be yourself, and try to have fun. Wear something that makes you feel comfortable and confident and you'll be fine.
THIS. 100%. Just be yourself. I'm a girl, and I can safely say I'd much rather be with someone who accepts me as I am (lovable dorky tendencies and all) than with someone who brushes me off just because I don't fit THEIR idea of the "perfect girl".
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#4 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Caveat Lector wrote: THIS. 100%. Just be yourself. I'm a girl, and I can safely say I'd much rather be with someone who accepts me as I am (lovable dorky tendencies and all) than with someone who brushes me off just because I don't fit THEIR idea of the "perfect girl".
Yeah, just be yourself and hopefully everything will goes well, but if it's not then you'll know if he's the right guy for you or not. My friends (girls) who have dates usually try to be confident and be themselves, the one who did try to be "perfect" ended up having unsuccessful relationship in the future, but that's from my friends experience tho :lol:
Trying hard to be someone else is difficult and what if your date partner noticed it (or worse disliking it)
and I'm glad you accept the boy a chance to prove himself! Hope you'll have a good time with him!

For what you should be wearing, something comfortable and presentable will be nice, put a bit of effort can't hurt, but try not overdoing it :)

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#5 Post by trooper6 »

Remember also what the point of a first date is: to enjoy yourself, to get to know the other person in order to figure out if you enjoy their company enough to want to go out on another date with them.
This means that in addition to trying to have a nice time you are also trying figure out who this guy is. What is he like on a personal level? Don't worry so much about impressing him....see if he impresses you.

Lastly, safety precautions for whenever going out on a date:
1) Make sure friends/parents/roommates know where you are going, with whom you are going, and when you are going to be back. Arrange to give someone a call when you get home. Just in case.
2) If you are not driving on this date, make sure you have enough money for cab fare so you are not reliant on him for transportation if it doesn't go well.
3) Don't drink alcohol on your first date.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Additional first date advice:

No pressure. Just focus on having fun and getting to know the other person.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#7 Post by PyTom »

Unfortunately, this is off-topic for the forums. So I'm locking this thread.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom