Just wondering...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Just wondering...

#1 Post by musical74 »

I joined a few days ago and by in large I really enjoy everything :) I just have a minor concern...

A couple of the posts that I responded to had been dormant for a few MONTHS...I wanted to put my two cents in but a part of me was wondering if I should post something on a topic that seems to have run its course. :? What do you all think?

I want to be an active member of the forums, but at the same time...don't want to post on a topic hasn't seen any action at all for 4 months...

One final question...when contemplating whether or not to join, I posted twice in a row on the guestboard <I forgot to tell Miko, Lilly, and Krista what they asked>...is it OK to post twice on a topic like that? I didn't see anything saying it wasn't OK but wasn't positive if that was OK. If possible, I want to please everyone =).

Everything looks great so far, and looking forwards to Tales of Lemma 2 being done! =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

LiX
Regular

#2 Post by LiX »

Lol yeah, this forum does get a lot of visitors every day but the forum activity isnt great. I reccomend advertising lemmasoft on third party link engines. (or maby not after the bandwith problem the other day)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#3 Post by chronoluminaire »

To musical74: Don't worry about it :) We're not too fussed about double posting here: I don't think anybody minds too much whether you edit your posts or make a new one. And I think we're always happy to see discussion, so if you find a thread you want to comment on and it happens to have lain idle for months... just go for it! :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Yes, chronoluminaire is right, just post whenever you feel like it. It's nice to refresh some topics over time. As far as the rules go, they are more relaxed than on other forums, at the same time it seems that the forum has managed to avoid troublemakers so far, so that's one of the reasons no one will complain too much.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#5 Post by Sai »

I don't think reviving an old topic is bad (as long as you actually have something to contribute to it of course, but that' goes for anything). I know different forums have different views on that issue though, but personally I think it's neater to revivie one existing thread for a topic, instead of having twenty different threads for the same topic over the course of a year.

As for double-posting. I think it's OK as long as it's been awhile since your last post. But if it's only been a short time, then it's unlikely anyone will of read the first post in that time anyway so in that case using the edit function would be better, both for space and ease of reading reasons. If for example you are Guest however and do not have the ability to edit then it's understandable.

But that's just the way I see it when I moderate on another forum, I usually clamp down against double-posting unless it's been a long time since the first post, because almost always the person doesn't really have much reason for not using the edit function @_@; But that's elsewhere.
It's Lemma who has the say on moderation here, not me ^^;
As said however, we've not really had any trouble here so we've not had to enforce too many restrictions on people. As long as people don't abuse that freedom and are as considerate as you seem to be, then there's no problem =)

Have fun and welcome. Enjoy the forums.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by musical74 »

Thank you to everyone that responded :)

I do try to be considerate of others and so want to make sure I don't tick anyone off...

Lix: thanx for the idea, but I'm afraid posting Lemmasoft on third party link engines is a bit beyond my capabilites ATM; maybe once I get more training... :)
Chronoluminare: thanx for the warm welcome! :)
Mikey: thanx for the info and the welcome :)
Sai: thanx for the advice and the welcome :)

*keeps a lookout for Miko, Lilly, and Krista in case one of them comes after him*

Also...thanx Blue Lemma, for responding to my concerns :) :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.