Pose reference

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
risingbamboobanana
Regular
Projects: On hold, sharpening skills.

Re: Pose reference

#16 Post by risingbamboobanana »

http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/ -- sorry if it's been posted before, but this site's an absolute gem. 3d models you can rotate, and there's no skin so it displays all the muscles and stuff. kinda like a bodyworks show (not that i've ever been to one. they seem pretty neat but i'd be too freaked o.o)
A little birdy in the sky
Dropped a poopie in my eye
I did not scream, I did not cry
But thanked the Lord that cows don't fly!

Ren

#17 Post by Ren »

If it was posted before I certainly didn't see it:thank you very much, it's really helpful!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#18 Post by lordcloudx »

risingbamboobanana: Nice! Thanks for the link. I have trouble trying to draw poses from scratch and buying a barbie doll (like a certain long-haired guy) doesn't exactly sound appealing to me.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#19 Post by akemicchi »

Oh my god, risingbamboobanana! Site is so wonderful! (Ahh! It even rotates!! x///D *giddy giddy* ) Really-- Thank you so much for sharing the link!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by monele »

Looks familiar but thanks for posting this as I forgot about it anyway ^^.

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#21 Post by Kura »

Oh, wow, that website is great! Yaaay. =D
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

yvanc
Regular

#22 Post by yvanc »

use poser if you're having difficulty with the pose you want. You can find it here:

http://graphics.smithmicro.com/article/ ... 1156/1/281

NetGenSuperstar
Regular

#23 Post by NetGenSuperstar »

Or even better, use Poser Figure Artist, which is designed for this kind of thing.

:shock: Wait...how did I get back here?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by monele »

Ok, I thought of this yesterday : is there any free and *small* program that would simulate a wooden mannequin... or a simplified person and let one pose it and save the picture? It doesn't need to render in various styles... it doesn't need to render at all, as long as I have a realtime 3D view to capture.
Oh... and it shouldn't be DAZ 3D >.>... this piece of c... software is just a RAM hog and so crash prone it's not funny :|

How do they create the poses for that earlier website actually?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by monele »

Answering my own question : yes there is a free alternative... except it does more than give a wooden mannequin ^_^

http://www.dedalo-3d.com/

It will auto-generate a model based on age, sex, weight, muscles and breasts shape/size. Then you can pose it with the usual "joints". These respect anatomical limits but also move muscles around. So raising an arm up will raise breasts for example. I don't know if Poser does that but I found that pretty cool ^_^.

Makehuman can render, although it's rather slow (but pretty), but for me it was better to export the final model and render it in Blender.

Last night exemple : Image
Full view : http://monele.deviantart.com/art/Makehu ... t-82949670

renkenjutsu
Regular

#26 Post by renkenjutsu »

Thanks for the link to it! It certainly is a nifty little thing :)
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#27 Post by LVUER »

I think there is some products (it's like a doll/mannequin with lots of movable parts, like arms, torso, limbs, head, neck, etc) that specialized for mangaka/comic author use. It basically mimics human figure and available in 3 kinds, male, female, and neutral. I forget the name but I think it's hard to find (may be it's only in Japan) although it's not that expensive. May be you can find it in a specialized manga tools store that imports tools from Japan.

And I also saw a book (about Tokusatsu, Gundam, Anime Toys/Figure, etc) and the shows toys that just like I mention above.

But... why buy those things if current toys can mimics human figure quite perfectly? So you hit two birds with one stone. I really suggest figures/toys from Revoltech. Their toys are perfects, the best I've ever seen until now.

They make figures from Idolmaster anime, I think it's Fraulien. And the figure can move and make lots of pose. From the pictures I saw, it can mimics most of human pose, although not the anatomy (it's anime anatomy ^_^ , you know; slender legs, cute face).

And their toys (or robot figures, you name it), is great! I saw a red robot picture, I don't know the name or what it is, sorry, which can move freely, more than the most expensive Gundam models. It can duck, doing V pose, cool pose, or even sit on the ground!

They also make valkyrie and like toys I've mentioned before, it can pose like crazy even cooler than the anime.

And the best thing is, the price is not too expensive. A single item of those costs about 5000-7000 yen (in Japan, of course).

renkenjutsu
Regular

#28 Post by renkenjutsu »

I second the revoltech toys. The Fraulein line of the toys are indeed amazing. But some of them have joint limitations (it depends on which ones you have though), even so, the Fraulein series have the most mobility in posing imho. I myself have a Saber revoltech to help with my pose and perspective sketching problems. For about 20++ usd, it's really amazing.
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

Sin
Veteran

#29 Post by Sin »

I have a reference folder on my computer. Whenever I see a picture that has a pose I like or lighting I like I save it there.
I draw a lot of nude stuff so I've found the "Artistic nude" section of deviantArt very helpful. So many odd (but sexy) poses and plenty of lighting cues.

Usually I only use reference for inspiration and not just to copy.