Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- King of Lolies
- Posts: 4538
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 pm
- Completed: R.S.P
- Location: Bandung, West Java, Indonesia
(1) I actually more into drawing manga than making a VN. I've show my interest into manga ever since I'm less than 1 year old!
(2) I'm a teacher and I'm teaching a computer class at highschool and university.
(3) I've been drawing for more than 20 years by now but my drawing still sucks (I have no teacher though)
(4) I'm 25 years old by now but I'm still single, have no girlfriend, and actually have ZERO experience about girls (is that interesting?)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1021
- Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:13 pm
- Location: Oregon
1) will be 34 soon and never been in a serious relationship
2) collect fantasy artbooks and pictures, mainly pictures
3) I STINK at drawing....stivk figures are about all I can do but once in a great while I'll draw something borderline decent
4) I always seem to know what to say or do to cheer my friends up
- Posts: 193
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:43 am
- Completed: Chasing the Sun
- Projects: RESET
1. I'm very indecisive, so choosing these four facts will be difficult.
2. I call myself an androgyn.
3. I near-instantly "converted" to communism (in its pure, Marxist form) upon learning about it in ninth grade Social Studies. Aside from knowing that it's entirely idealistic and inplausible, I've since realized that true communism would be a rather dull society, so I've settled on the middle path and call myself a socialist now.
4. A friend and I once held a conversation about the origins of the universe and the existence of fate while sitting under a rack of jeans in Macy's with a book about Alexander the Great's eunuch opened on my lap.
1. I was born in an army base in Wurtzburg, Germany. ("under an army tent" as my Mom says.) We flew back to the states when I was around 1 year old.
2. I met my girlfriend though an online radio station's IRC (mmoradio.com, which sadly was shut down), and we've been together for a year and three months now. She used to live across the state and it took 4 hours to drive and see her, which I did about twice a month. But she recently moved to the same college I'm in so those trips are over.
3. I have a bad habit of getting into a hobby obsessively and then switching to another hobby. Examples: Dragonball Z Trading Card Game, Mage Knights, Magic: The Gathering. Right now though I've been devoting my time towards editing a visual novel and I'm having a lot of fun with it, so I think I might be stopping that =P.
4. I try to go to heavy rock and metal concerts as often as I can, which isn't a lot but it's still a big part of who I am. The best concert I've been to so far was a Powerman 5000 concert in Cedar Falls, Iowa at the Reverb (a really awesome rocker bar). The Reverb is upstairs from a family restaurant, strangely enough. You could feel the floor literally bouncing up and down as we were jumping. I left 10 pounds lighter from water weight sweated out =P. On the 12th I'll be going back there to see Soil, Bobaflex and the Autumn Offering.
Well, a little extra information in each of those entries, but I think it's necessary.
- Posts: 200
- Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:27 pm
- Projects: Composer on... something(s)
- Location: Leicester, UK
Hmm... ja, that is quite a possibility. I'd really like to reach out to a large number of people, and although being free, only people who are really interested in this kind of thing would find it.Vatina wrote: I know that doesn't beat publishing, but I saw somewhere on the net that someone was writing a light novel and releasing it on the web like a web-comic - one chapter at a time. Maybe that could be a neat idea?
I'll try and think facts up for myself sometime later.... I'm not very good at these things.
Well done. I practically did the same thing.3. I near-instantly "converted" to communism (in its pure, Marxist form) upon learning about it in ninth grade Social Studies. Aside from knowing that it's entirely idealistic and inplausible, I've since realized that true communism would be a rather dull society, so I've settled on the middle path and call myself a socialist now.
2. Even though I love horror films, I'm also in love with romantic drama movies, anything sappy, and anything fluffy. It's hard for me to write fluff as I have a tendency to write darkly, so I admire those that can write it without making it cheesey.
3. I admit that I dislike most anime out there. I guess I haven't found the right series or something...too many don't seem to catch my attention for some reason. Yeah. Most of the time, I'd rather read manga than watch anime. Don't smite me. O_O
4. Orange juice with ice is my comfort drink of choice. Love it~!
Need a PREMIUM Rapidshare host? PM me - I'll host your files free of charge.
- Royal Manga Tutor
- Posts: 1255
- Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:21 pm
- Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)
- Location: somewhere in NY
That's like me! Of course years ago I was more into anime than manga but I think that was more because there were lots more anime's being released than manga. Nowadays, finding a good anime is like jumping into a garbage dump.parvenue wrote:3. I admit that I dislike most anime out there. I guess I haven't found the right series or something...too many don't seem to catch my attention for some reason. Yeah. Most of the time, I'd rather read manga than watch anime. Don't smite me. O_O
@LVUER>> You don't need a teacher. You can learn on your own. All you need is persistence and practice. Going to a tutorial site helps too. <--- shameless plug to my site n___n
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:18 am
- Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude, Nothing Happened series
- Projects: Deadline, upcoming NaNoRenO 2020 project
- Tumblr: moonlightbomber
- Deviantart: moonlightbomber
- itch: dagitabsoft
- Location: Quezon City, Philippines
1. I complain to my grandma whenever I poop almost every morning, and her frequent reply is "it's better to poop every morning than try to delay it."
2. I can't help but pick stuff left behind by other people. Yup, I'm an adherent believer in the saying "one person's trash is another person's treasure". In fact, I apply it in real life, and even in RPG's (since practically all of them allow you to sell what you've picked up for cash).
3. Almost everyday, I daydream about the ideal girl for me. Most likely she'll have the qualities of female characters that I admire the most. Last year, it was Aeris. Now, it's Suikoden 5's Lyon (but I'm not ditching Aeris either). [2008 addendum: Now my current obsession is Kanonno from Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.]
4. My younger brother always accuses me of being gay (though I'm actually 100% straight) just because his interests are different from mine. Whenever he does this, I fight back to dispel his skipping-record accusation.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!
Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas
Depends on if your trying to break the world record for the largest O.o...I'd prefer no one tries that, or at least don't tell me about it.MoonlightBomber wrote:1. I complain to my grandma whenever I poop almost every morning, and her frequent reply is "it's better to poop every morning than try to delay it."
Lucretia was soooo much better Hot older woman thing going, who would mind game you to your grave...but hell, good way to go. Lyon was so cute though. I have the odd habit of playing the game right though, getting the bad ending, crying, playing again, and finally getting the good one because I can't stand seeing the bad ones.MoonlightBomber wrote:Now, it's Suikoden 5's Lyon (but I'm not ditching Aeris either).
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 pm
- Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]
- Location: UK
I love horror movides as well! Gore I don't mind at all, in matter of fact, I'm desensitised to it all (is that a bad thing? ) I'm not sure if I'm into guro, or might evolve into a guro fan, but I liked Hostel and Saw for those couple of gore scenes, though one of them involved used syringes and not so much blood.parvenue wrote:1. I love gory movies, especially the ones that make me cringe. Yes, I'm into guro, too. One day I might make a guro visual novel to feed my morbid obsession... I absolutely hate it when horror movies don't take things far enough or they shy away from complete violence. Of course, it has its place and some movies would be better without it (don't try too hard to be scary - it's ridiculous sometimes!!). I have "bad taste", I guess.
So even if I know that Uwe Boll is the worst director in existance, I am still tempted to watch Seed...
Same here, but not in entirely - give me something like Before Sunset/Before Sunrise, Three Times, Chungking Express and I'm happy. I watch more anime romance than real romance... SHE The Ultimate Weapon, Kanon, Distant Voices and ZOE Dolores...parvenue wrote:2. Even though I love horror films, I'm also in love with romantic drama movies, anything sappy, and anything fluffy. It's hard for me to write fluff as I have a tendency to write darkly, so I admire those that can write it without making it cheesey.
I could say 'just' about the same for the anime bit - but I'm not so sure... I don't watch too many new anime series anymore, I watched a bit of Bleach, Naruto, FMA, couldn't really get into them as they're so long wound..I go for the less obvious ones, either being the old and some new Manga Entertainment releases...
And for a final fact - whenever I wake up I always make a cup of tea and toast for breakfast.
Even though I'm Chinese, I'm British born, so this is a little habit I've picked up without knowing..
- Dade Finch
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:15 am
- Location: Over the Moon, in the North
Thirding Efreet, and also on the sappy movies. It doesn't have to be horror, but one of my favorite genres, and one that I think works best with horror, is survivalism; actually, on that note, so does romance! Or then again, maybe something about people pulling together in the face of their worst fears really pulls at my heartstrings. Of course, this is me being a hick, but I think I mentioned that in my intro, so that's all right, hehehe. I wouldn't say it's bad taste, because, well.. I like horror too, and I've never felt bad about it. =PI love gory movies, especially the ones that make me cringe. Yes, I'm into guro, too. One day I might make a guro visual novel to feed my morbid obsession... I absolutely hate it when horror movies don't take things far enough or they shy away from complete violence. Of course, it has its place and some movies would be better without it (don't try too hard to be scary - it's ridiculous sometimes!!). I have "bad taste", I guess.
1. I'm in love with the moon. I swear, if the moon were a person, I'd marry her in a heartbeat. And yes, I do believe the moon is a woman, bwahahaha. That being said, I'm in love with the night time in general... There's something wonderful about looking up into a clear sky and just watching the world float by, then drifting off to sleep under a tree... Of course, you can't do this very often in today's world, but it sure is nice, even for a bit.
2. I'll watch, read, or try almost anything at least once. I love learning new things, and playing new games, and now that I'm finally working a little less than I normally have, I really want to catch up on my VN's, but this rule extends to almost anything. Giving people, places, and ideas a try isn't just tolerant, it's fun.
3. Making mix tapes, cd, anything is something I do for fun, and to have something to listen in my spare time. I love making custom tapes for people, stories, characters... To me, music is like oxygen, kind of. I'd probably survive without it, but life would be so much less colourful and intense.
4. This is for my comrades, Blue123 and Kura, haha. Well, people assume most people who live in the rural areas of the country in America, are kind of far-right, I'm an anarcho-syndicalist. I dislike state, corporation, and government in general, and just like the idea of people working together with people for the benefit of people, personal and private. I've never seen why the too have to conflict, and figure it's probably a conspiracy to keep us from working together to make a more equitable society. But don't worry! I hate pushing my beliefs on others, and given the nature of where I love, some of my best friends are exactly opposite to my way o thinking, so I won't peddle anything on you.
Hope that's vaguely interesting... I *really* liked learning all this stuff. =)
- King of Moé
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:49 pm
- Organization: Love in Space Inc
- Location: United States
- Posts: 290
- Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:10 pm
- Projects: Elect: Ascendance
- Location: Philippines
(1) Does not know how to ride a bike or blow a bubble with chewing gum.
(2) Once almost fell from a roller coaster.
(3) Is recently married to his best friend.
(4) Is a lawyer who plays Phoenix Wright while waiting for his case to be called.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users