Four facts about yourself

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
M12
Veteran

Four facts about yourself

#1 Post by M12 »

This is a trend that's been going around. People have been asked to say four interesting things about themselves. Why don't we all do it =D? I might blog about it sometime. This should be fun ;D.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Four facts about yourself

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Eh, why not.
(1) I got married 17 months ago.
What, you already knew that? OK, how about:
(2) My favourite anime characters are Asuka Langley from Evangelion, Azalyn from Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Kaname Chidori and Tessa Testarossa from Full Metal Panic, and Nicholas Wolfwood from Trigun. Wow, weird, they're all anime with some sci-fi element... I hadn't realised that.
(3) I was in the Combined Cadet Force when I was at school, which means I got to take a week-long gliding course, fly in two-person planes about 20 times, and fire rifles and suchlike.
(4) I work with the 6-11 year old kids at my church.

Someone else's turn.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

#3 Post by Blue123 »

Erm...

1- I'm a composer. Mostly for orchestra.

2- I enjoy creative writing. I would like to be able to draw manga, but I can't. I'm still learning.

3- I enjoy... would dreaming be the right word? Just coming up with loads of ideas that I can use. I really need a few because...

4- Right now I have a brilliant idea! I'd like to make a manga of it, but I can't draw. So maybe I'd like to write a few Light Novels? But not being Japanese, and also being in the West... I'm not sure. I might make a topic later. Anybody that can give some help?

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#4 Post by Vatina »

Blue123 wrote:Erm...
4- Right now I have a brilliant idea! I'd like to make a manga of it, but I can't draw. So maybe I'd like to write a few Light Novels? But not being Japanese, and also being in the West... I'm not sure. I might make a topic later. Anybody that can give some help?
I know that doesn't beat publishing, but I saw somewhere on the net that someone was writing a light novel and releasing it on the web like a web-comic - one chapter at a time. Maybe that could be a neat idea? :)

I'll try and think facts up for myself sometime later.... I'm not very good at these things.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#5 Post by Deji »

ok...

1) I'm 24 but I actually look like I'm 15-18. When I went to visit Europe a couple of years ago, I payed a lowered price on lots of things because I looked under 15 XD;;; And I was 20 =P

2) One of my most cherished goals in life is to get marrie dand have kids. My friend and family would say "what?! What about your career? What about your personal goals and projects?" And I say that those are important, but I don't need them as much to be happy =3

3) The only console I ever got was an Atari 800xl. I always complaining for not having a console when I was a teenager, like other classmates of mine. I'd go to my boyfriends' place sot play or watch them play when older. Recently I got a Nintendo DS Lite as a present from a friend.... and I barely touch it XD;;;;

4)I never met my father until I was 14. It was akward >_o; I wish I had a father while growing up. And siblings. That's why I want to have a happy and *complete* family!
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#6 Post by Samu-kun »

Facts huh? Why doesn't M12-kun post some of himself? XD

1. I own a pet dog that's very moe.
2. I am hopelessly obsessed with DDR and Stepmania
3. I've been kissed by another guy before... >_<;
4. When people ask me where I'm from, I honestly don't know how to answer them.

risingbamboobanana
Regular
Projects: On hold, sharpening skills.

#7 Post by risingbamboobanana »

1) i'm supposed to be in grade 11, but got held back because i was born in december (funky québec laws). so i turned 16 at the end of last year and i'm currently in grade 10.
2) i was kinda tomboyish when i was little, but then shiz happened, so we drifted and now i have like...3 guy friends left? :(
3) i poke myself in the cheek when i'm thinking hard.
4) i hate it when people waste food and resent picky eaters.
A little birdy in the sky
Dropped a poopie in my eye
I did not scream, I did not cry
But thanked the Lord that cows don't fly!

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Cybeat »

1. I was a model/actor (does acting for a commercial make you an actor?)

2. I can tap a button more than 300 times in a minute (I think I can do more)

3. I produce music. I make game music, rap music, and....something. (unprofessional of course)

4. I've been playing video games since I was 3 years old (no glasses). It's a waste of time. I could've been drawing anime all that time, and then I would be some....professional right now. It took me 17 years (my whole life) to find my goal. I just started drawing anime last month.
Last edited by Cybeat on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#9 Post by bloodywyvern »

No fair, you people have way more fun facts then I do.

1.) I'm too lazy to actually do many things, or learn too many skills, so I am a master of button pressing. Not in the sense of being able to press one 300 times in a minute like Cybeat. What I mean is, while I get tons of new programs and NEVER learn them...I have gotten so good at lucky button pressing, that within two days I'll become "Intermediate" in just about any program. I'll never master them, but I'll get fairly good.

2.) I get my best ideas in the shower, no idea why.

3.) I have an unusual fondness for online relationships, but get lonely when not in one. Though I'm only 18 so I guess I have plenty of time to find one.

4.) I'm much more unprofessional then everyone else here, and writing is more of a hobby then "my future". I really don't know where I'll take it.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#10 Post by Vatina »

Uh ok, some sort of lame facts about me.....:

1: Seems like everytime people ask me "what are you doing?" I answer "Drawing". And I still have so little finished work. (How does that add up??)

2: I hate talking on the phone....

3: As a kid I wanted to be either a secretary or an author. (Now I hate the idea of a secretary job :P)

4: I have spend a couple of years in a wheelchair when I was little. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones (since I got out again).

Samu-kun wrote:4. When people ask me where I'm from, I honestly don't know how to answer them.
Where are you from? :P

Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Cybeat »

bloodywyvern wrote:No fair, you people have way more fun facts then I do.

1.) I'm too lazy to actually do many things, or learn too many skills, so I am a master of button pressing. Not in the sense of being able to press one 300 times in a minute like Cybeat. What I mean is, while I get tons of new programs and NEVER learn them...I have gotten so good at lucky button pressing, that within two days I'll become "Intermediate" in just about any program. I'll never master them, but I'll get fairly good.

2.) I get my best ideas in the shower, no idea why.

3.) I have an unusual fondness for online relationships, but get lonely when not in one. Though I'm only 18 so I guess I have plenty of time to find one.

4.) I'm much more unprofessional then everyone else here, and writing is more of a hobby then "my future". I really don't know where I'll take it.
I get my best ideas when I'm in a car...yeah. I know how you feel about the online relationship thing. I'm lonely.
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#12 Post by bloodywyvern »

Vatina wrote:2: I hate talking on the phone....
I second that, actually I'm more "afraid" to talk on the phone. Or at least MAKE the call, I always feel like I'm going to get someone I don't know and have no clue what to say. I'm F'in weird.
Cybeat wrote:I get my best ideas when I'm in a car...yeah. I know how you feel about the online relationship thing. I'm lonely.
Yeah I hear you -.-

Oh and one more thing about myself, even if it goes over the four (I'm an overachiever ^_^). Sometimes people ask me what I am ethnicity wise, and while I am white...I can't really answer the question. I have like 1/16ths and 1/8ths of god knows how many cultures in me. Danish, Sweedish, French, gawd to many to even remember.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#13 Post by Kikered »

- I qualified for the national Pokémon "Journey Across America" tournament in the summer of '06 and was promptly eliminated in the first round. Granted, the guy who beat me eventually advanced to the semi-finals, but it was disgraceful to be beaten so easily. -_-

- Like Samu-kun, I also like playing rhythm games a bit too much. Thanks to Rock Band, I now play "ghetto rock beats" on a drum set. =P

- I started practicing kendo two years ago after finding out that there was a dojo on campus. Unfortunately, I haven't been very good about making it to practices even though I practice in my room every day. ^^;

- Even though I played clarinet in high school, I auditioned for and made it into the front ensemble for the marching band. It's already damn hot when the marching season starts - there's no way they can make me march under those conditions!
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

Hyperguy
Regular
Projects: H.EXEC

#14 Post by Hyperguy »

1. Because I'm an edit maniac with a passion for good writing, only 10% of what I write ever gets published or pushed into public domain.

2. I've been on both sides of the Atlantic.

3. I tend to overthink things. Peanut butter and jelly becomes a mathematical equation.

4. When I play MMOs I spend more time exploring and having my own little adventures than killing monsters or completing quests. For example, I spent 5 hours in Domo asking for beer and searching places that people'd said there'd be beer at(Despite there being no beer in the game.) In Ragnarok Online I'd buy 100 bananas and litter them all across the town(In addition to saying smart alecky things and getting players to fight each other. Rogue FTW).

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#15 Post by sake-bento »

1.) I fail at bowling. Completely. My current high score is 12. 40 with bumpers.

2.) While I love cooking, I am terrified of deep-frying things. Every time I fry stuff I wear safety goggles. Seriously.

3.) I am hoping to be a pro voice actor someday. I currently dub anime as a hobby, even though my final goal isn't to be a pro dubber, but rather to voice original work.

4.) I have an obsession with the sky. I keep a camera in my backpack so I can get good pictures any time I come across a particularly beautiful sky. I trade these sky pictures for more sky pictures with my twin brother.