Yuri Game Jam

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Shedonkadonk
Projects: Reaper's Rebellion: ToD
Tumblr: shedonkadonk
Deviantart: shedonkadonk

Re: Yuri Game Jam

#31 Post by Shedonkadonk »

Ooo, a yuri jam? Sign me up, I am very much excited to see what everybody will be making!

And if anyone wants to collaborate/needs a character sprite or CG artist, PM me and we can see what sorts of things we can sort out.

jiinsy
Completed: Reality A,
Projects: LYRA, Space Texas, The Undersiders, Hearth&Soul
Tumblr: jiinsy
Deviantart: jiinsy

#32 Post by jiinsy »

Artist/writer here looking for a team to put together. I have a lot of ideas and I'd love to even just workshop them with someone, I can do painted CGs or pixels, and some animation. Here is a link to my portfolio if you wanna check it out. http://jiinsy.wix.com/gallery PM me if you are interested!

Omega_93
Regular

#33 Post by Omega_93 »

Writer/programmer here looking to put a team together for the jam. Already have a story fully outlined that I was meant to write months ago but got busy with other projects, so now I've decided to use it for this jam instead! PM me if you're interested in joining/making a team! Will put together a WiP thread soon and get recruitin'

peong-keu
Regular
Completed: My Magical Cosplay Cafe • Novus Magus Amorous
Tumblr: saeun
Deviantart: saeun

#34 Post by peong-keu »

Sprite/scene artist, if someone has a good script and needs visuals feel free to contact me here or via tumblr, I can always make time for a good femslash project (http://saeun.portfoliobox.me)

(Note: I won't work on stories containing negative tropes, i.e. one of them dies, one of them 'turns straight', a homophobe is secretly gay, etc. As a lesbian I would just rather contribute something fresh to the genre.)

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#35 Post by Katta »

Oh, wow, such beautiful artists are volunteering already. I'm a bit shy to offer my art now, but I'd love to join someone's project.

Doodlegirl863
Completed: Broken Bottles
Tumblr: quietly-drawing

#36 Post by Doodlegirl863 »

I'm looking forward to participating in this game jam! I've been planning on taking up game making again and making a story about queer women, so this seems like the perfect chance to get started.

I'm an artist (art blog: http://quietly-drawing.tumblr.com/) and I've made a game before (Broken Bottles, a YN fangame. I wrote the story, dialogue, did all of the pixel art, and some of the music). I have experience with RpgMaker 2003/2000 and some experience with RpgMaker VX Ace.

Let's have fun everyone :')

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#37 Post by Alera »

I really hope to find out my availability soon because I think, for once, I might want to collaborate with someone! ;v; If anyone would be interested at all-haha
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#38 Post by Hazel-Bun »

If anyone needs some GUI done or story outlining I can help out. Links below.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Hijitoki
Regular
Projects: Flowers For Me(VN)

#39 Post by Hijitoki »

This looks like a lot of fun! :)

I'm a sprite and CG artist, and would like to collaborate with a team~

Feel free to send me a PM and I can send samples :3
Follow me~ Lucent Catty

Enigma
Veteran

#40 Post by Enigma »

Even though I'm behind on my own game I really want to participate. Maybe a time limit would help me finish something for once. I do have a few questions since I've never done a game jam, I'm planning on using RPG Maker to make the game and since my current project is in RPG Maker I own a lot of different resource packs. Is it okay to use stuff from those? In particularl I want to use the music since I don't like most of the default RPG Maker music. Speaking of pre-made assets is the default RPG Maker stuff even allowed?

rubberduck4lunch
Tumblr: art-ducky
Deviantart: rubberduck4lunch

#41 Post by rubberduck4lunch »

If anyone's looking for some help with art or script editing on their game I'm willing to help out.

I'm better with sprites and cgs, but I can attempt a background or two as well.
You can find my art on my tumblr and instagram:
http://art-ducky.tumblr.com/
https://instagram.com/rubberduck4lunch/

Also I've done professional script editing before (mostly comic book stuff), so I can help with that if anyone needs it!

saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

#42 Post by saguaro »

I'm looking forward to this jam! I have a project in mind or I can help with someone else's.

I've been wanting to make a dating sim/dress-up game, and I've been thinking about a story about a con artist named Goldie who woos wealthy marks and scams them. I'm thinking of a Heartbreakers-type scenario where the player can either fail, scam the person, or woo them (good ending). I do not play a lot of dating sims so I don't know how common this type of setup is. I'd like this to be as collaborative as possible, so nothing about the concept is set in stone.

For the above, I'm looking for artists who would be interested in drawing female characters and clothes, and maybe some unusual or interesting backgrounds, and anyone else who might be interested in brainstorming, planning routes, making cute GUI graphics, so on. L'il can handle the soundtrack if needed.

As for myself, my games are on itcho.io. I can volunteer coding and GUI services, I generally only write my own ideas but I can write someone else's concept if it resonates.

If you're interested in this particular game idea or you'd like to work with me on something else, please PM. I cannot do voice/audio chat but I find it's rarely necessary, I can listen/respond with text.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#43 Post by Rinima »

Just posting in to ask if there are any coders around willing to help out? I'm working with zo4 and hopefully, Seb Woodland. It's a sports themed VN with a strong base in comedy, but has sprinkles of sad moments and heartwarming moments. It would also be wonderful to have a GUI artist, but I can do this if I can't find help :)
Just to say what I'm looking for: a normal GUI (basics plus the extended bits), and a logo. That should cover coding as well :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#44 Post by Kinjo »

I might be interested in working on an entry, though I'd like to try coding a game other than a visual novel (such as a platformer/puzzle game) since apparently that's allowed.

Message me if you'd like to contribute writing, art, or music. Or if you have any particular ideas in general in terms of gameplay.

thornbush

#45 Post by thornbush »

I'm really, really looking forward to this! I'm always up for more LGBT+ games being released, and this yuri game jam seems like a great idea. If anyone needs a writer/editor for their game, I'm totally up for the job. Either way, good luck to everyone participating!
Last edited by thornbush on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.