Yuri Game Jam

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

Re: Yuri Game Jam

#46 Post by Smudgeed »

Ooh, it's great to see so many people willing to help with games! I suppose then it's a good idea to say that I could use some help :')

I'm planning on working on a fantasy comedy meant to emulate the feeling of JRPGS (think the "Tales of" series, minus the ridiculous costumes hopefully). I could really use a GUI artist though, to do the start menu, save/load, pref, textbox and the works. The game doesn't have anything beyond the basic stuff and a screen to display endings! You don't need to do the logo (unless you want to) and you also don't need to code the GUI. So if you think you'll have time during September and October ;)

Let me know if you're interested! Or interested in helping in something other than the GUI! And good luck to everyone else :)

EDIT: I should also probably add that if anyone wants to offer their drawing abilities that'd be cool too. Trying to become as skilled as a renaissance painter in a few weeks is the worst plan I've ever had..
Last edited by Smudgeed on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ms45
Tumblr: saint-barbara
Deviantart: ms45

#47 Post by ms45 »

Hello! I'm planning to make a superhero story where there's no real fail - you can date the person you want, or if that doesn't work you at least get a cool sidekick. Smooch, share a milkshake and kick ass, all in one cute package.

I've already started making the character profiles and trying to outline the story - this will be my first Ren'Py, so I'm both terrified and excited!

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#48 Post by Fox Lee »

OOH I missed this thread! I am so in for this. Since my NaNo entry was entirely prettyboys, seems like something all about girls would be the perfect followup :p Plus, I have a sketch somewhere of a pretty princess and lady knight that's just waiting for narrative accompaniment...

(Also ms45, I love your idea! XD)
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

#49 Post by Hojita »

Looking foward to this.
Just know about this jam some days ago and I can say that today I have decided what I gonna do for this, actually pretty satisfied with the idea.
I hope I can bring some info about my project later~

ms45

#50 Post by ms45 »

Fox Lee wrote:OOH I missed this thread! I am so in for this. Since my NaNo entry was entirely prettyboys, seems like something all about girls would be the perfect followup :p Plus, I have a sketch somewhere of a pretty princess and lady knight that's just waiting for narrative accompaniment...

(Also ms45, I love your idea! XD)
Thank you! Is your NaNo entry available for download? I don't mind prettyboys...

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#51 Post by Fox Lee »

Oof, such a shame that the project I was getting excited over JUST as I heard about this jam is only about 2/3 yuri (the other 1/3 is still pretty blatantly queer, but since some of the queer is boys, it's not exactly in the spirit of the exercise!). Must save it for afterwards.

Upon further reflection, I've settled on an adaptation of Swan Lake where Siegfried Sigrid is a handsome princess and Odette has, you know, a personality. Mainly because I am a shamelessly self-serving artist who wants to draw pretty swan ladies :p On one hand this works well, because I already have an edited plot outline and plotting is the hardest bit for me. On the other hand, it's making me just want to steal all the music from Loom, which I don't think I can get away with. Ur, does anybody happen to know of a Creative Commons recording of the ballet suite? ^^;
ms45 wrote:Thank you! Is your NaNo entry available for download? I don't mind prettyboys...
For sure! Mine is Where Ages Go: Launch Thread / itch.io page

I hope you like :3
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

Alix

#52 Post by Alix »

...this sounds fantastic. If nothing else, I'll be cheering people on. And hopefully joining in, spoons permitting!

Yasako

#53 Post by Yasako »

Kinjo wrote:I might be interested in working on an entry, though I'd like to try coding a game other than a visual novel (such as a platformer/puzzle game) since apparently that's allowed.

Message me if you'd like to contribute writing, art, or music. Or if you have any particular ideas in general in terms of gameplay.
I came here to express my supreme bewilderment at the kinji volunteering to participate in yuri game jam.
Is it my fault? Was being in my vicinity at AX too much?

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#54 Post by Kinjo »

Yasako wrote:I came here to express my supreme bewilderment at the kinji volunteering to participate in yuri game jam.
Is it my fault? Was being in my vicinity at AX too much?
Haha, I guess it could be surprising but I'm just trying to branch out and do something different!
Maybe I have a secret love for yuri too, who knows.

Camy
Regular
Completed: When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten, Not Lost, A More Beautiful World, Beach Volley, and Here With You.
Projects: The Prince's Heart, Delphine's Discovery, A Vampire's Choice, Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Connection Pending, and Our Final Moments.
Organization: Freelancer, Pixel Pineberry Studios
itch: camy
Discord: camyza

#55 Post by Camy »

Poking in here again to say that I'm still available to help out with GUI.

emnemo
Tumblr: emnemo
Deviantart: emnemo

#56 Post by emnemo »

Ooh this sounds very interesting, and I'm excited to see what comes out from this game jam! I hope to also contribute something, assuming that schoolwork doesn't become too much...It'll be my first game, so I hope I'm not putting too much on myself, but there's no reason not to try! Good luck to all of the participants!

ms45

#57 Post by ms45 »

ms45 wrote:Thank you! Is your NaNo entry available for download? I don't mind prettyboys...
For sure! Mine is Where Ages Go: Launch Thread / itch.io page

I hope you like :3
OMG! Not only have I played it, I really enjoyed it and wrote a review on my blog! I was so excited to see a background of Federation Square :D

http://saint-barbara.tumblr.com/post/12 ... very-short

I can't wait for you to play my game!

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#58 Post by kaleidofish »

If anyone is in need of an Editor, I'm available. I would prefer to edit over proofreading, but I can do either. I can also assist with basic Ren'py coding. Check out my site for my past works then get in touch if you're interested. I'm familiar with comedy as well as romantic drama. :)
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Charlie599
Regular
Projects: (letters of) Devotion; Afterland

#59 Post by Charlie599 »

Hello ^-^ I'm searching for a team for a game - click my signature for details.

demanrisu
Completed: Steal My Artificial Heart, RE\VISION, Starbound, Staxel, Loverwatch

#60 Post by demanrisu »

Hello! I'm a writer/producery person. I've written two short VNs (Steal My Artificial Heart and RE\VISION), and am credited in two other indie games, one currently in development. I love cyberpunk and SF/F settings. Happy to lend my skills to anyone who'll have me! I can do writing, code, maybe yell into a mic a bit. Hit me up, lovelies. <3

(note: I can only offer my services part-time, but I'm a motivated and enthusiastic teammate!)
game narrative designer/visual novel director with 3+ years in industry and 2+ million sales under my belt. totally hireable: contact me for writing/editing work