What are the meaning of your names!? (CHR iN UR GAMES, TOO)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: What are the meaning of your names!? (CHR iN UR GAMES, TOO)

#46 Post by Jake »

Doomfest wrote:And then a festival. How nice. :)
Reminds me of Tribe 8. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#47 Post by musical74 »

some names of the book I'm writing....

Mina - just a neat name, like the feel of it

Cherie - in HS I was friends with a gal named Cherie, liked the name, thought it was a good companion to Mina

Shelly - just another name I liked =)

Jake - *stares at Jake* I needed a good name for the main male guy...something about Jake worked =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: What are the meaning of your names!? (CHR iN UR GAMES, T

#48 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#49 Post by lordcloudx »

umm... kalibugan? :mrgreen:
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

zephiel
Regular

#50 Post by zephiel »

mine zephiel, chose it based on zyphier or some thing *i messed with the leters*
tell me if you know what it meens
my nic is zephy. just short of zephiel
zeir comes frome zei'rec'on or something, some random word i made up..
and blade,as in the, um, well, sword type....my fave weapon...

my biological name means math math wizerd in urdu i think...
um
ya.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
......................ZZZ
.................ZZZ zuu, zenthosa nara verr nehi zunu.
.............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#51 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow, everyone sure has great meaning of names XD

Ocean's Dream

#52 Post by Ocean's Dream »

Ocean's Dream.

It's actually a combination username. Ocean's Rhapsody, which was an old game of mine which doesn't exist anymore, and Island Dreams, which is a demo which I don't really like anymore, and will remake in the future. Also, my works tend to be very Island/Ocean/Tropical inspired. You can definitely tell with my music, which you'll hear waves and stuff in the background for a lot of them.

For my characters:
Sabrina --> One of my friends who the character was initially based on was named Samantha. Not wanting to use her actual name, I used Sabrina instead. Now, since I haven't seen Samantha around for years, the character has been based a lot more on me. She's changed from a wannabe medical student to a computer geek. I've wanted to change her name to Crystal, but too late. Oh well!

Lisa --> Blah blah blah I don't even like this character, and is never popping up again. Next.

Angela --> This one is like Sabrina, which had a process of arriving at the name. In this case, it's a lot more like a chain. The girl who she's based on's middle name is Christina. I like that name (and that is Angela's first name, Angela is a middle name that the characters always refer to her by), so at first I decided to call her Christina Amelia. It changed to Angela when I had another character called Amelia. Then I dropped the Christina for reasons I don't remember. I wish I kept it, I love the name Christina.

James --> Also based on a friend. Goes from John to James. I could have just used John, I would have preferred that name. Oh well!

William --> No clue how I got this one from Robert. I'm thinking Rob -> Bob -> Bill -> Will. I'm probably wrong.

Vivian --> This one is just out of the blue, and does not relate to the actual persons name.

Yeah and the rest of the characters for my other projects are some way related to their original name.
Check out my Ocean's Dream webblog HERE! It has updates on Paradise Blue, My Tileset Tutorials, and more

honoreixix
Regular

#53 Post by honoreixix »

mugenjohncel wrote: Mr K... Gan Kalibo, try switching his first name and family name... you'll see... :mrgreen:
hahahahahahahaha!!! ROFL...
I'm hidden and no one expects much of me... I just hope I don't disappoint anyone...
I'd rather fail doing something I love than succeed doing something I hate...

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#54 Post by Der Tor »

"Der Tor" is actually the german equivalent of "Da Fool"... but i didn't realize this myself untill it was too late :D

As for the chracter in my comic strip... i thought of calling her Nanami... but maybe you can think of something better... (it's for a Yandere Character)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#55 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ocean's Dream wrote: Lisa --> Blah blah blah I don't even like this character, and is never popping up again. Next.
Ehh, how come you don't like your own character you've made yourself?
LoL

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#56 Post by azureXtwilight »

Okay, totally adding the name Oswald.

I'm thinking for this guy's name for a looong time and my bro came with a solution.

Bro : Is he a bad guy?
ME : Yes and no.
Bro : What's that supposed to mean?
ME : *Whispering spoiler*
Bro : Name him Oswald then, I think it's kinda rare.

And there goes the name!

deinarious
Regular
Completed: Watashi wa Onigiri, A Day Off, T.M.O.G.E
Projects: None.

#57 Post by deinarious »

Okay, Deinarious (day-gnar-ee-us) is the first part of my religious name... Deinarious Merk Falconyne Daeowemeri (day-gnar-ee-us mer-kuh falk-oh-nine day-oh-weh-marry). To keep it simple, I often just go by Dei. I believe the name itself has no specific meaning.

Now, the protagonist and the girls for my first game, 21 Weeks - Path to Yr (WARNING : SPOILERS AND REALLY LONG POST!)

Dei Daeowemeri - a personification of me, or who I'd like to be : Thin, rich, royal. Also has some of my personality. Is a half-elf who at the very beginning of the game is kicked out, along with his assistants, by his human mother Yr Mishiru so he can become independent, and then succeed her as the ruler of the land, or the "Yr".

Emily Thorowitz - Emily means "striving" and has Latin origins. Thorowtiz is Horowitz with a T, kind of a Jewish sounding name, even though Emily herself is a pagan who worships mainly love goddesses, i.e. Aphrodite and Ishtar.

Raina Tiwele - Raina is elvish for Ann; Ann means "favored grace" and is Hebrew in origin. Tiwele, however, is Elvish for Fowler, my last name; Fowler means "herder of fowl", or in other words, "chicken farmer". Raina is a wood elf ranger that happens to have "chicken farmer origins"...

Oriiolanae Serafilisa - It is a name of a fairy character I made for an MMO called Illarion. I made up a meaning that pretty much means "cherry blossom princess". Yeah. It's supposedly a fairy name. Oriiolanae is a fairy princess.

Tabbythani Meowtis - Tabbythani is a mixed up name of a breed of cat (tabby), and some syllables that are pronounced "faun-e". Meowtis is the nekomimi nation from the eroge, Let's Meow Meow, the only bishoujo game I ever acquired commercially. Tabbythani is a nekomimi mage who loves eating.

Aisho Saotome - Aisho means "book lover" in Japanese, while Saotome is a Japanese family name. I know that sao means "rod" and tome means "stopping", which doesn't sound right when used together... Aisho is a nerdy yet flirty living, sexually reproductive golem that happens to be Dei's secretary. One of the two girls who cannot cook worth crap.

Rozellya Marisqou - Rozellya is a name I came up with that is a modification of the german word rosen, which means "rose"... a rather heavy modification. Marisqou is a last name of a merchant from the MMO Illarion, one who is a tailor. Rozellya is a noble who loves playing the violin or piano, and has a penchant for white wine. Also, she cannot cook at all.

Nassiya Lexicanto - Nassiya is a modification of one of my "spirit guides" names, Nassya, a sylph. Lexicanto is a mixture of "lexicon" and "canto". Nassiya is a sylph mage and princess who debates lots of theories and such fellow mages, and argues with Oriiolanae.

Anne Meadowspring - Anne means "favored grace" and is a simplified form of Hannah. Meadowspring is just a mixture of "meadow" and "spring". She is highly based off of Ann from Harvest Moon, and is both androgynous and extremely tomboyish. She is a farmer, blacksmith, and leader of the town militia.

Fujiko Mitsune - Fuji means "irregularity" in Japanese, and ko is an add-on to a girl's name to denote something (i forget, someone tell me :3). Mitsune is the name of one of the characters from Love Hina who acts a lot like Fujiko. Dei's landlady, a voluptuous, often flirtatious or drunk kitsune. She seems to flirt a lot with Dei at any given time, making suggestions to him, and generally making the other girls, especially Aisho, Emily, and Myra, jealous or angry. She also on the 1st of the month collects the 400G rent, and on every Saturday, brings over something made from curry for Dei and his assistants to eat, along with a few bottles of sake that is never drunk by anyone but Fujiko.

Myra Beil - Myra means "myrrh" and is of Greek origin. Beil is a modification of McBeal, from Ally McBeal. Myra is an assistant of Dei, a hamster girl maid. She stands a foot and a half shorter than Dei, making her 4'4" tall, and she is a neat freak, always getting on Mochi's nerves for not cleaning up after himself, or on Dei for eating piggishly sometimes. She has a slight crush on Dei, just like Aisho.

...Damn, long post is looooooooooooooooooong...

If I feel up to it, I'll write down the origins of the other characters (aka, the rivals, major npcs, and the male assistant) names another time. There is a total of about 23 characters... I think. And this is only 11.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#58 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Tsundere Lightning is just a really, REALLY bad pun - "Thunder and Lightning."

I was bored... okay?
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#59 Post by azureXtwilight »

I thought tsundere there means the type of girl in VN, you know, the girl who acts so annoying to the MC but in fact she likes him, oh well....

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#60 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Well, that too...

Although a tsunderekko in "TSUN! TSUN!" mode is probably often mistaken for tsundere thunder and lightning.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.