Is anyone safe?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Is anyone safe?

#1 Post by Caveat Lector »

In light of the recent string of attacks in Paris, Baghdad, and Beirut, I'm really concerned for the safety of others on these forums and elsewhere. So if there are any forum members in those regions, or others affected, please, just give a small shout-out and let us know you're okay.

And if you need to, here are embassy numbers you can contact: https://twitter.com/GeorgeAylett/status ... 3554298880
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Delany0714

Re: Is anyone safe?

#2 Post by Delany0714 »

I have been thinking along the same lines. It has been quite heartbreaking.

Sidji972
Regular

#3 Post by Sidji972 »

Unfortunately, I'm from Paris and lives here. I should go out like every friday but I have decided to look the soccer game between Germany and France. What is really horrible that's we are not ready for these kind of things in Paris. We are not used of violence like these primitives. Today, its' more than 120 dead people who were taking some good time with their friends or family. Because yes, the have focused only civils.

In this attack one of our national soccer team Lassana Diarra has lost his cousine, Grizemann sister was in the Bataclan during one attack. 2 teachers from my university are dead in these attacks.

That's insane, we have not choice that to deal with it, but most of countries have taken the situation with serious now and I hope the future will be better for everyone.

Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

#4 Post by Kkoro »

Sidji972 wrote:Unfortunately, I'm from Paris and lives here. I should go out like every friday but I have decided to look the soccer game between Germany and France. What is really horrible that's we are not ready for these kind of things in Paris. We are not used of violence like these primitives. Today, its' more than 120 dead people who were taking some good time with their friends or family. Because yes, the have focused only civils.

In this attack one of our national soccer team Lassana Diarra has lost his cousine, Grizemann sister was in the Bataclan during one attack. 2 teachers from my university are dead in these attacks.

That's insane, we have not choice that to deal with it, but most of countries have taken the situation with serious now and I hope the future will be better for everyone.
That's really heartbreaking to hear. But remember that these terrorists want terror to be spread. So I really hope everyone there can find the strength to stay strong, and support each other. I'm sure everyone here will support you guys.
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

Sidji972
Regular

#5 Post by Sidji972 »

We are not really afraid, we have been surprised like most of countries attacked, but we are also pragmatic : France will react now, our politicians have finally declared that our country is in war (in my case I know it since a lot of time anyway). They have also attacked the wrong city because I don't know why but a lot of 'Anonymous' like Paris and they are currently tracking them, they can't win a war if the communications are unefficient. That is sad to be forced to counter attacked them, but no choice with them all negociations are impossible. :?

Anyway, thanks you for the support :D