I just met a real-life Takumi Fujiwara! (Initial D)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

I just met a real-life Takumi Fujiwara! (Initial D)

#1 Post by lordcloudx »

Ok, here's the story:

While I was driving my pregnant sister to her office, our car (a small, green Nissan Maverick) got grazed by a passenger jeepney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeepneys).

I was trying to change lanes (at about 10-15 kph) but there was this one jeepney who tried to pass me from my blindside and when he failed, I heard his engine roaring like crazy and all of a sudden, he passed me while I was about 2/3 of the way from changing lanes and grazed the side of the car up to the front bumper something fierce.

Here's how he did it. Green square is me, Red Square is Initial D guy. Notice how he uses the sidewalk to hug the curves like a freakin real-life Takumi Fujiwara.

http://animerd2k2.net/bang.swf

executable flash version
http://animerd2k2.net/bang.exe

We meet at the police station tomorrow. I'm bringing visual aids for my testimony.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: I just met a real-life Takumi Fujiwara! (Initial D)

#2 Post by mikey »

Takumi Fujiwara, hmmm... that means he was "drifting" around you? In a jeepney, I'd imagine that can be darn difficult (a controlled slide, anyway) - either that or his tires were completely worn out ^_^.

Now, if he passed you without drifting, but using the sidewalk as a "kerb" to pass you on the "outside", that's an old-school racing driver :)

Mikan
Veteran

#3 Post by Mikan »

asgdhfjghdf
Last edited by Mikan on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by DaFool »

Ouch... just avoid jeepney routes whenever you can.

Awesome Flash simulation -- two thumbs up. :D

What's a Nissan Maverick? Terrano?

Your Haruhi-lookalike sister is pregnant? (must... not... try to imagine...)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#5 Post by lordcloudx »

mikey: Haha, you're right. He couldn't possibly have been drifting. He used Takumi's other technique (as parodied in Lucky Star ep. 5) where he drops one of his tires down into the gutter to hug the curve.

Mikan: Sure, I know what I'm doing. We have all the photographs we need. The point of impact tells the whole story along with the police sketch of the scene of the incident. He bumped into us and by his own admission (because he's stupid) he went out of the main road and into the sidewalk to try and pass me. I'm just bringing this animation as my own unique testimony of how things happened from the way I saw it. It doesn't need to look realistic, just the fact that it represents how I saw things happening. I can tell the rest of the tale orally. It's not meant to be considered as evidence. Evidence only comes in when you actually make a complaint. We'll try to settle this one out of court if the jeepney operator is willing.

DaFool: Thanks. Well, at least I know that four-day flash training I took wasn't a total waste. (btw off-topic: I just played Drake's Starlit Sky. Good job on the character sprites. I've been catching up on my ren'py games backlog lately. Got a looong list.)

A nissan maverick is a really small car (kinda looks like a cross between a Minica and a Pride Kia) it's cheap and comes with automatic transmission. Anywayz, it fits my sister's small stature perfectly.

lolz, yup, she's 3 months pregnant. She got married last February. Wanna see a pic? She looks just the same except for a really slight bulge on her stomach that looks a bit like a potbelly.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#6 Post by Samu-kun »

(expects the thread to get derailed with everyone asking to see pictures of lordcloudx's sister instead of caring about what happened to his car) >:3

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by DaFool »

First, it's a good thing that the sister is okay (...oh yeah, and lordcloudx too, lest we forget...)

Now back to the car:

http://www.norkisgroup.com/4wheels/maverick.html

It's a kei car sold by Norkis, who imports these as well as Suzuki kei vans from Japan and coverts these to left-hand-drive. (That's one car I own, the other one is very luxurious, comparitively speaking, a sub ~10,000 Euro Honda City with airconditioning (luxury!), power windows (luxury!) and a stereo system that actually works (compared to the other vehicle, that is.)

The problem with kei vehicles in this country is that often it's hard for a larger vehicle to know they even hit something.

But give a few more years of high gas prices, and they'll fit right in.

P.S. It seems like the Maverick is the first generation of what is Danny Choo's ride:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_March

renkenjutsu
Regular

#8 Post by renkenjutsu »

Gosh I'm glad your sis is ok lordcloudx. Pregnant women and concussions don't do well, I've seen my share of misfortunes from pregnant friends that got into a light accident :( , it made me angry thinking about what that driver did. That jeepney driver is a jerk.
Currently working on:
Kensai : On hold till Masters is done. Grrrrr...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#9 Post by mikey »

Indeed, those cars are known as Nissan Micra in here. I rather like the old-gen (the one that lordcloudx has) more than the cutesy new generation, though it's really spacious (when you're at the front ^_^), I tried it at a motorshow. But the old one is more of an honest minicar than the "lifestyle" choice you make with the new Micra, that's why I like the old one more.

And definitely, the most important is that you're all okay, even though it was as I understood from the diagram a light scratch in the same direction, so I assume there was no hard impact.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#10 Post by rioka »

Wow, I thought Filipino's never had crashes! I mean, you guys are like bumper to bumper and pretty close to each other when driving 'round town. <_<

NEways, glad to hear it wasn't serious considering the circumstances.
lol And I hope you didn't say "potbelly" to your sister. I think you'd get a pretty good smack down!

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#11 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#12 Post by Blue Lemma »

Aww :(

Lemma: *huggles the mugen*

Good luck in court, cloud 8)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#13 Post by rioka »

Uwaaahhh! X_X
Sorry Mugen!

:hugs mugen too:

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#14 Post by Samu-kun »

Don't tell me Mugen was the other guy... o_o;

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by musical74 »

no......mugen was involved in a HORRIBLE accident earlier....what happened to him is elsewhere on the boards - I don't remember where now but it was SHOCKING when he told us what happened...

NEway....glad you are OK lordcloud...and your sister was unhurt...accidents of any kind can be unnerving. (Having been in a few, I know firsthand...)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.