Personality Type Test

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
AngelicCarrot
Regular

Re: Personality Type Test

#31 Post by AngelicCarrot »

=-= But its all just fun, really. So who cares if it makes a mistake? Everything makes mistakes, even our own DNA makes mistakes, and the majority of people are okay, even though those mistakes are made.

The world and thought isn't a computer....
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#32 Post by rioka »

AngelicCarrot wrote:The world and thought isn't a computer....
Not yet but it can happen in the far future.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#33 Post by PyTom »

The world and thought isn't a computer....
What if someone (in a universe much larger than our own) set up a computer simulation of a universe the same size as ours. And let's say this was a very accurate simulation, such that it modeled the precise dynamics of every single sub-sub-atomic particle. And let's say in at least one small part of this huge simulation there were galaxies, stars, planets, plants, animals, and people. To the people in that part of the simulation, wouldn't their world seem as real as yours and mine?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#34 Post by Samu-kun »

You're going beyond our level, Pytom. XD

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#35 Post by AngelicCarrot »

=-= Oh shiz. The cylons are back to eat my brain that believes in imagination again.
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#36 Post by Counter Arts »

Dream Idealist? I tend stick to what the universities use. The MBTI stuff. I suppose I shouldn't bash something I haven't tried but...

But in anycase, I am an INFP... taking com sci as a major. It is exactly like getting an artist to learn how to program... only I somehow had a knack for computers. It just means I can last far longer dealing with mushy emotional stuff than I can with computers.
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#37 Post by luminarious »

By the way, this may be of use when trying to come up with not-typical-anime characters. At least I found this helpful when I was having trouble deciding how a certain character would act in a certain situation..

Jake
Support Hero

#38 Post by Jake »

Counter Arts wrote:Dream Idealist? I tend stick to what the universities use. The MBTI stuff.
As best as I could tell, the ipersonic site mostly is MBTI, just dressed up with different names. I mean, the first three choices it gives you are between Extroversion and Introversion, Intuition and Sensing, and Thinking and Feeling. Sound familiar? I'm not sure why they have a different last question, but without going back and reading them again I suspect they're just different labels for the same concepts.

I think the main problem with the ipersonic approach is that in telling you the classification you're choosing, you're more likely to act on personal biases about the way you think you are rather than be accurate. For example, I instinctively picked "Oh, I'm clearly an introvert" for the first question, because hey - I do spend a reasonable amount of time alone. But every more-abstract Myers-Briggs test - the ones which ask you a longer series of less-direct questions - I've tried has marked me as an extrovert, albeit usually only by a small degree. And I can't really blame them; in a social situation I'll not behave in a particularly introverted manner, I just don't tend to spend much time seeking out those situations in the first place.

luminarious wrote:By the way, this may be of use when trying to come up with not-typical-anime characters.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. At least so far as the spectrum is a lot wider and the archetypes more diverse than just basing people's personalities on blood type. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Showsni »

I seem to be on the borderline of ISFP and ISTP... Which makes me either an Individualistic Doer or a Sensitive Doer. Hm, neither sound that much like me...

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#40 Post by chronoluminaire »

I'm an INTP, but I'm actually right on the dividing line between E and I. A lot of my RL friends think of me as very extrovert and bouncy, and I do have that side, but I need my time alone as well: I derive energy from both types of situation, and find too much of either draining.

I'm fairly strongly T rather than F; and I'm extremely strongly N and P. I'm scared to see all the Js here: you scary organised people :P (I know, J doesn't necessarily always mean organised, but...)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#41 Post by rioka »

Showsni wrote:I seem to be on the borderline of ISFP and ISTP... Which makes me either an Individualistic Doer or a Sensitive Doer. Hm, neither sound that much like me...
If you're neither one, then what are you? Dazed and confused? :p
chronoluminaire wrote:I'm scared to see all the Js here: you scary organised people :P (I know, J doesn't necessarily always mean organised, but...)
Yes, we'll invade your home and drive you crazy by organizing, labeling and cleaning up your house until you have barely anything left and can't find anything you want when you want it! ;)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by musical74 »

ACK! Organized people! *hides all the.....boy I've got a heck of a lot of junk around here....how am I supposed to hide all of it from the organized people that are coming by with brooms and labels and organizational tools?*

Admit that I'm surprised to be the sole Good-Natured Realist so far :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by DaFool »

Dis wrote:Well, in the iPersonic test, I got Reliable Realist (RR).

In the longer test, I got INFJ (Introverted 44% Intuitive 50% Feeling 12% Judging 67%)

INFJ type description by D.Keirsey
INFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™
INFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

distinctively expressed judging personality

Mostly both tests gave me the same answer/outcome, and I agree with them. They fit me very well. :|
I also got RR, and in high school I remember being INFJ. However in my adult steady-(asshole)-state I tend to score ISTJ. Maybe I'm secretly longing to return to my genuine persona.

...oh, I know, it's college. Everyone, education is bad it will only turn you into an asshole. It won't even guarantee your future any more, while saddling you with more debt. For example, 40% of Duke's engineering graduates cannot get jobs in their fields, because most work has already been outsourced to China and India.

hmmm... is there any personality test that shows how obsessive-compulsive or emotionally unstable a person is? I'd love to try it.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#44 Post by mikey »

DaFool wrote:hmmm... is there any personality test that shows how obsessive-compulsive or emotionally unstable a person is? I'd love to try it.
I recommend marriage. Usually within a few years, all of the above should show. :D

EDIT: Now, for something serious, I finally took that longer test and I am ENFJ, apparently:

1% Extraverted
50% Intuitive
38% Feeling
33% Judging

Ehg... I'm an Idealist Teacher, apparently.

EDIT2: However, upon thinking about it, I have a very sneaking suspicion, that when I gave answers that I'm organized and keep appointments, it somehow interprets this as "realist" or less dreamy. It was very apparent in the question whether your desk is neat and orderly (which has nothing to do with whether you're organized - although my desk IS neat, but that's beacuse I like the aesthetics). So I try to be as efficient and organized as I can, to save time, to have more of it to think about other things. Usually when I was in my creative job, all the artists had desks buried with post-its and references, while I had my stack of folders and a clean desk. Which I'm afraid is always somehow misinterpreted because of this stereotype that organized people can't have fun and aren't artistically inclined. Well, I don't know, I suppose smart people were putting this together, but usually tests like these, especially short ones have to resort to stereotypes.

uluuu
Regular
Projects: Half Past Never

#45 Post by uluuu »

DaFool wrote:hmmm... is there any personality test that shows how obsessive-compulsive or emotionally unstable a person is? I'd love to try it.
http://similarminds.com/personality_disorder.html

It tells me I am very schizotypal and borderline, haha.

On topic, apparently I am a Dreamy Idealist~ I'm guessing that's just another way of saying "INFP", since that's what I usually get for more complex tests like these. Wheeee~