NanoReno 2016

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

NanoReno 2016

#1 Post by Lesleigh63 »

NanoReno 2016 is looming on the horizon.

General rules posted by PyTom last year.

Takes place in March
You can only begin actual production of your game in March
Brainstorming, plot outlining, character sketches, and anything that does not lead to the direction production of assets is okay
Sketches of sprite poses, backgrounds, and CGs is NOT okay
Creative Commons material is okay
There are no "winners," everyone who manages to release their game on March 31/April 1 has completed NaNoRenO
You may release a buggy version of your game by the deadline and fix it up later
Some folks may prefer to try this second type of challenge that was around back in 2006 (folks wanting to make demos may find this more helpful as it can give a bit more time but not tie up a team for an extended period of time)...

Not willing to limit participants to just the NaNoRenO challenge, IntRenAiMo was conceived to promote ren'ai developers to finish their projects and get new developer's into making their own ren'ai game. IntRenaiMo is a great alternative for those who have busy schedules and cannot make the NaNoRenO challenge. With IntRenAiMo, developer's may start their projects at any time but must aim for the March 31st deadline, coinciding with NaNoRenO.

Lots of interest in NanoReno last year with a lot of games released.

Good opportunity to work with other people and for newcomers to get their feet wet.

Some groups are recruiting all ready under the 'Recruitment and Services offered' - most in the 'Free projects looking for partners' and one under the 'I'm an artist' sections.

Hopefully, there'll be a general recruitment page for 'NanoReno 2016' [Deji started an excellent one last year, I hope she'll repost it as it set out the information really well].

(edit - I resurrected Deji's information and posted it as a new topic under the recruitement thread - 'Free projects looking for partners'). You can find it here if you're wanting to join a team or are looking for members to your team.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59&t=37057

There's various information on NanoReno under 'Works in Progress' - WIP-NanoReno. Look at the two stickies:

'NanoReno Cheat Sheet & FAQ'
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=25451

and 'NanoReno Games List 2015'
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=28161

which have links to various pieces of information.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have some links to 'post-mortems' from previous years (so folks can get some idea of problems they may encounter) and the old-hands - post your useful tips please.

A tips thread that Alte found
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 59#p311541

So who's up to NanoReno this year?
Last edited by Lesleigh63 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fuseblower
Regular
Projects: Mall Macabre, Slushball Slasher, Doomed Diner, Tenkeiteki Tokyo
itch: fuseblower

Re: NanoReno 2016

#2 Post by Fuseblower »

I'm definitely up for Nano. Got a couple of ideas but haven't settled on a single one yet. And, of course, I have to finish Tenkeiteki Tokyo before that.

Will solo it so I can claim all of the Preordained Glory for myself :lol:

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#3 Post by chocojax »

I'm hoping to join in on the fun! I've already come up with an idea for a story and character designs. (I'm also planning on solo'ing it, loool.)

What about yourself, Lesleigh? :3c

Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

#4 Post by Windchimes »

Ahh finally! I've been wondering when someone will post this thread. I kept stalking General/Creator Discussion waiting for it to pop up ><

Anyways, I'll definitely be joining Nano this year with my friend/writing partner. It'll be my first year joining, so I'm pretty excited (and nervous)! In fact I was so excited/impatient I convinced her to start recruiting a month ago LOL We have an amazing team for the Nano project so I'm reallyyyy hyped for March.

Really looking forward to seeing what Nano projects people will be doing this year! Hopefully there'll be as much interest in NaNo this year just like the last.

On a related note: Has anyone added NanoReno to itch.io game jams page yet? I think a game jam for nano was up last year right?
Last edited by Windchimes on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#5 Post by KittyKatStar »

Yay, Nano! Maybe I'll finish a game on time this year :lol: Third time a charm? Third time a charm!

As usual I'll be teaming up with Deji, but instead of a full game we'll aim for a demo. /o/ Good luck to all Nano participants. Last year had *amazing* games, and I look forward to what this year's batch will bring.

Ghost of Crux
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: To Weave A Thread
Organization: UNICORSITY
Tumblr: unicorsity
itch: namio

#6 Post by Ghost of Crux »

Frankly, FINALLY. I've been itching with ideas for NaNoRenO, and frankly, I just can't wait |D
Hopefully I can plot something short enough it'll be finished...
Image Image

misspells everything as unicorn. Call me Namio. They/them. | Honest Critique

Become a patron on my Patreon!

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#7 Post by KiloTango »

Are there any rules on how far you're allowed to go with music before the start date? I'm soloing but want to score it myself. I was kinda tempted to make music before because I'm losing a couple of weekends in March and so many people just use CC stuff anyway, but reading this that doesn't seem to fit in the rules. Would figuring out leifmotifs etc be ok as long as they're not in arrangements?
ImageImageImage

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

#8 Post by ibukichan »

I'm definitely participating again this year! :D My game last year could have been wayyyy better, so I'm hoping I can do something way better this year!!

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#9 Post by truefaiterman »

I have this idea... I think I'll go for it and make it happen!
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

Camy
Regular
Completed: When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten, Not Lost, A More Beautiful World, Beach Volley, and Here With You.
Projects: The Prince's Heart, Delphine's Discovery, A Vampire's Choice, Phantom of the Blooming Rose, Connection Pending, and Our Final Moments.
Organization: Freelancer, Pixel Pineberry Studios
itch: camy
Discord: camyza

#10 Post by Camy »

Definitely joining again, had a lot of fun with Fest-Off last year with GoblinMaiden. I have an idea but it's still up in the clouds.

I'm open for doing GUI for free only for this event. Don't mind if it's for a demo or full. For those interested, please PM me with details :D On a project already, sorry for not editing this sooner. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Camy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#11 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I'm not sure if I'll be participating this year, since family might be moving either sometime this month or next month. But if things work out, I might possibly do another solo nano like I did last year. For now though, most likely a no go.
ImageImageImageImage

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#12 Post by Godline »

While I'd love to, I'm not sure if I'll get the chance this year. :(
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a project that needs an idea bouncer or editor if anyone wants to contact me but I can make no promises. :)

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#13 Post by clua »

I don't know how things will be in March, but I'm hoping to enter this year again.
Good luck everyone!!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular
Projects: Comeuppance
Tumblr: chiizusando

#14 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

I'm very excited for nanoreno this year. This will be my first time participating and it's been a while since I've worked on a group for a VN. I've done a lot of planning with the writing, so I'm eager to start.

Hopefully, we'll find an artist soon.

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#15 Post by pyopyon »

I'm definitely participating this year! I'm really pumped for my game, too... The outline sparkles like gems in the moonlight, I can't believe it's done! March 1st couldn't come fast enough.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿