Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 pm
- Completed: Magical Otoge Ciel, Magical Otoge Anholly
- Organization: https://batensan.itch.io/
- Tumblr: batensan
- Deviantart: batensan
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1849
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 pm
- Projects: The Space Between
Going it solo. Artist, writer, and coder. 'Cause I'm a crazy person.
I'll start a thread come March 1st to track my progress throughout the month. Already doing some concepting on an idea (just a single character) and doing some engine tests.
I look forward to joining everyone this year!
- Posts: 290
- Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 am
- Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
- Projects: eroges!
- itch: sendo
As for me, I will be participating once again. My current plan is to go solo and I'm thinking of making something gameplay-heavy again. I do want to have an engaging story to go with it, so depending on what scenario I draft up, I might team up with a writer or editor (in case I feel like I can write the script).
Good luck and have fun everyone! There's still some prep time before Nano so let's all plan carefully so we can finish our games!
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:51 pm
- Projects: "You Are My Universe" and "My best friend is an otome game protagonist who makes really bad choices"
- Location: Blue Sun Street
- ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
- Posts: 3059
- Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
- Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
- Projects: Athena
- Organization: Cyanide Tea
- Tumblr: auro-cyanide
- Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Anyway, good luck to everyone participating this year! Can't wait to see all the new stuff that comes out
- Posts: 446
- Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:39 am
- Completed: One Night Stand
- Projects: Love IRL, Memories
- Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
- itch: kinmoku
- Location: Germany
We've been planning to the best of our abilities, though I still sense failure! If we run out of time, we plan on finishing it at a later date, so not all is lost!
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 am
- Completed: tobag
- Projects: Kajima
But I also want to and use the time as a, uh, NaNoWriMo and write some more on my 'proper' VN that should have been completed years ago. Ahem.
Glad to be around here again. (Now I just have to relearn how to use Ren'Py.)
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:37 pm
- Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
- Projects: The Thousandth Day
- Location: Westeros
According to this link, assuming you live in the US, any sheet music published before 1922 is fair game. However, since I assume you're talking about recordings etc. that you can actually hear, I assume you'll have to check the copyright rules of the people who created the recording of the piece as well and credit both accordingly.LoneSpirit wrote:Can classical pieces be used in visual novels? Copyright and stuff is needed to put one in a game, right? Or giving proper credits is enough?
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about that for a long time already, and this answered it, so thanks again.Kumiho wrote:According to this link, assuming you live in the US, any sheet music published before 1922 is fair game. However, since I assume you're talking about recordings etc. that you can actually hear, I assume you'll have to check the copyright rules of the people who created the recording of the piece as well and credit both accordingly.LoneSpirit wrote:Can classical pieces be used in visual novels? Copyright and stuff is needed to put one in a game, right? Or giving proper credits is enough?
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:46 pm
- Projects: Mirai High School Hack Club, Alive Inside
- Tumblr: firecatcher85
- Deviantart: Kiri139
- Location: US
Users browsing this forum: No registered users