NanoReno 2016

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: NanoReno 2016

#91 Post by Camille »

Lesleigh63 wrote:
FreakyT wrote:So is the final submission due on March 31st, or on April 8th? (The message at the top of the forum seems to indicate March 31st, but the itch.io site says April 8th.)
I think they're giving extra time to get it into Itch.io if you wish to.

{Frankly, I don't think there's a problem if you take an extra week to polish a piece before posting as 'completed'}.
Customarily, we give some extra time because people are usually not done right on April 1st. NaNoRenO's not meant to be a competition so it's okay if people are a little late. If you finish a bit after April 8th, we'll still allow you to submit then, too. Of course, you should try to shoot for being done by March 31/April 1, but if you're not done by then, nobody will judge you. This was actually suggested by PyTom last year, so I kept with it this year when making the jam on itch.io.

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#92 Post by Electromancer »

My team decided to scrap what we had been working on for NaNo and start completely from scratch with 14 days left...

I feel certainly in some need of encouragement at the moment.

Although we did finish and release a project last year within 14 days, since we entered late, so I have faith we'll be able to accomplish what we set out to do. Not to mention we are more experienced and greater in numbers than we were last year.

That being said, yeah: I feel we're going to need to shoot for the April 8th extended deadline.

Wish us luck, fellow NaNo participants!
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

dueceladouce
Regular

#93 Post by dueceladouce »

Right there with you electromancer, due to scope issues and some minor work stuff I had to reset myself. But hey, the turtle didn't start in first place, right?

Will work in exchange for fight game buddies.

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#94 Post by truefaiterman »

I recently damaged my hand, which is a little problem since I'm the only artist and I'm also the writer.

I definetely can't keep up the pace, but it'll be fine, after talking to the team we're gonna follow an... alternative route.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

LoneSpirit

#95 Post by LoneSpirit »

I'm just curious. To those who don't have musicians/composers with them, where do you get your music from?

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#96 Post by Caveat Lector »

Creative Commons music. The most popular one being Incompetech: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-fr ... ctions.php
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#97 Post by pyopyon »

Our team is progressing pretty well but one thing I've learned that I'll definitely do next year is give myself a word count.

Going in writing blind is one of the worst things I could've done to myself because I don't know how long my scenes should be. What a nuisance.

-__-;;

If I participate next year, I will definitely do that.
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

Fox Lee
Veteran
Completed: Where Ages Go [NaNo2015]
Projects: Swan x Swan [YuriJam/NaNo16], ♥ON, Guilded Age
Organization: Invincible Ink
Deviantart: foxlee
itch: foxlee

#98 Post by Fox Lee »

LoneSpirit wrote:I'm just curious. To those who don't have musicians/composers with them, where do you get your music from?
Yup, Creative Commons music is your best friend! On my first NaNo I wasn't thinking about music at all until I was looking in the Creative Commons section on this forum, and I found all the threads there just offering free music for everyone. There's so much of it available, I felt like continuing to disregard t would be almost rude ^_^; Check it out, there's some fantastic material!
Fox Lee: The Girl Your Mother Warned You About
CleanDirtyFurryPro

LoneSpirit

#99 Post by LoneSpirit »

Thanks guys. You're all awesome ^_^

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#100 Post by MimirollCookie »

OMG... 10 days left....
Hope you guys are progressing!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

Nylan
Regular
Completed: Segmentation_Fault (Nano16)
Projects: Currently free
Organization: MagicEngineering

#101 Post by Nylan »

Completion is so close, yet it feels so very far away...

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#102 Post by Electromancer »

In a bit of a stressful situation at the moment... to finish our project in its current state, our artists would need to produce 8 sprites in the span of either the 10 days left for the soft deadline or the 17 days left for the hard deadline, and we haven't started yet.

It doesn't exactly seem possible. Currently we're trying to decide what to do about it. Cutting characters is the absolute last resort, and I would really hate to do it, but the option is there.

Don't start late, kids, it's a pretty bad idea.
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#103 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Electromancer wrote:In a bit of a stressful situation at the moment... to finish our project in its current state, our artists would need to produce 8 sprites in the span of either the 10 days left for the soft deadline or the 17 days left for the hard deadline, and we haven't started yet.

It doesn't exactly seem possible. Currently we're trying to decide what to do about it. Cutting characters is the absolute last resort, and I would really hate to do it, but the option is there.

Maybe just have some as lineart and add colour after the deadline.

LoneSpirit

#104 Post by LoneSpirit »

Electromancer wrote:In a bit of a stressful situation at the moment... to finish our project in its current state, our artists would need to produce 8 sprites in the span of either the 10 days left for the soft deadline or the 17 days left for the hard deadline, and we haven't started yet.

I started late coz I need to finish all the school requirements and exams first, now I'm rushing things out. Hope it won't be such a wreck, or I won't be able to finish it on time O_o

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#105 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

*rolling around* Gaaahhh, so many nanos are getting finished and I want to read them. BUT I made a promise with one of my friends that we would check them out together. (Via him streaming them while I watch.) It'll be a while too since need to wait til he has a day off from work since that'll be a lot of reading for him. Oh well, I guess it'll give me more to look forward to for those trying to complete nanos by the itchio deadline.
ImageImageImageImage