NanoReno 2016

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Batensan
Regular
Completed: Moon Observatory (Ciel, Anholly, Iris), Pizzaro Project Deep Dish
Tumblr: batensan
Deviantart: batensan
itch: batensan

Re: NanoReno 2016

#46 Post by Batensan »

I'm working on a lot of stuff, but I've been wanting to participate in a game jam! I'll try to think up something good!
Developer of Moon Observatory.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#47 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

I'm going to jump in and participate in NanoReno this year. I've only been a part of the forums for close to a decade ... might as well join Nano for once!

Going it solo. Artist, writer, and coder. 'Cause I'm a crazy person. :roll:

I'll start a thread come March 1st to track my progress throughout the month. Already doing some concepting on an idea (just a single character) and doing some engine tests.

I look forward to joining everyone this year!

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#48 Post by sendo »

Oh we have a lot of soloists this time around! Glad to have you on board LWR, pretty excited to see your art in a game :D

As for me, I will be participating once again. My current plan is to go solo and I'm thinking of making something gameplay-heavy again. I do want to have an engaging story to go with it, so depending on what scenario I draft up, I might team up with a writer or editor (in case I feel like I can write the script).

Good luck and have fun everyone! There's still some prep time before Nano so let's all plan carefully so we can finish our games!
Finished VNs:
Image Image

*Nanashi
Projects: "You Are My Universe" and "My best friend is an otome game protagonist who makes really bad choices"

#49 Post by *Nanashi »

Hey all, I'll be trying to join in this year too, along with my friend who will do the writing. We've had a vague idea for a game for a long time so this is the perfect opportunity to just get to it and do it!

Qazhax

#50 Post by Qazhax »

I wasn't going to join this year but spontaneously changed my mind.. So this will be my second time attending!

I'll be working alone aiming to complete a tiny atmospheric kinetic novel.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#51 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

I'm also joining this year! I will attempt to work alone and pay for sprites if I can't find anyone willing to work with me by march.
ImageImage

Harick
Veteran

#52 Post by Harick »

I'm joining this year with pullorcs, though if we don't find a BG and CG artist it's gonna look like shit.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#53 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I made a blog post about what Lore and I will be working on this Nano :) http://blog.cyanide-tea.net/2016/02/21/nanoreno-2016/

yoshibb
Veteran

#54 Post by yoshibb »

I'm joining the solo crazy train as well. I was originally planning on just doing art, but I had an idea that just kept eating me. Not to mention, I have great memories of it last year and I feel a lot more comfortable with game making in general this year. I'm gonna scale back the length and go with a multiple route dating sim this year (first time I've tried that).

Anyway, good luck to everyone participating this year! Can't wait to see all the new stuff that comes out :)

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

#55 Post by Kinmoku »

I'll be doing it with a friend this year :D It'll be my first NanoReno and completed visual novel (I hope!). Unfortunately, I'm away the last week of March so I'm hoping to get it done even sooner!

We've been planning to the best of our abilities, though I still sense failure! If we run out of time, we plan on finishing it at a later date, so not all is lost!

Ophelia
Regular
Completed: tobag
Projects: Kajima

#56 Post by Ophelia »

I'm going to participiate this year, too, for the first time. I'm on vacation in March and had an idea for a short semi-kinetic VN floating around for a few weeks and when I noticed the date I realized it's perfect for NaNoReno! It will be pretty short, I think 5000 words or so.
But I also want to and use the time as a, uh, NaNoWriMo and write some more on my 'proper' VN that should have been completed years ago. Ahem.
Glad to be around here again. (Now I just have to relearn how to use Ren'Py.)

LoneSpirit

#57 Post by LoneSpirit »

Can classical pieces be used in visual novels? Copyright and stuff is needed to put one in a game, right? Or giving proper credits is enough?

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

#58 Post by Kumiho »

LoneSpirit wrote:Can classical pieces be used in visual novels? Copyright and stuff is needed to put one in a game, right? Or giving proper credits is enough?
According to this link, assuming you live in the US, any sheet music published before 1922 is fair game. However, since I assume you're talking about recordings etc. that you can actually hear, I assume you'll have to check the copyright rules of the people who created the recording of the piece as well and credit both accordingly.

LoneSpirit

#59 Post by LoneSpirit »

Kumiho wrote:
LoneSpirit wrote:Can classical pieces be used in visual novels? Copyright and stuff is needed to put one in a game, right? Or giving proper credits is enough?
According to this link, assuming you live in the US, any sheet music published before 1922 is fair game. However, since I assume you're talking about recordings etc. that you can actually hear, I assume you'll have to check the copyright rules of the people who created the recording of the piece as well and credit both accordingly.
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about that for a long time already, and this answered it, so thanks again.

FireCatcher85
Projects: Mirai High School Hack Club, Alive Inside
Tumblr: firecatcher85
Deviantart: Kiri139

#60 Post by FireCatcher85 »

Just signed up! This will be my first ever NaNoRenO and second ever game jam (I did the TyranoBuilder Summer Game Jam in 2015) I'll work solo again as it will be great practice for me! Really excited to start a new project- the possibilities are endless!!