NanoReno 2016

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Plotline_Progenitor
Regular
Completed: Valerie's rest: Scripts and dreams, Countdown to Silence
Projects: Geas Institute, Adventuring enterprises

Re: NanoReno 2016

#106 Post by Plotline_Progenitor »

Wish I'd noticed this thread earlier, would have been nice to share the experience with everyone else, nice to meet you all and I hope you all did well

Also I was wondering, is posting the game in the completed games section all you have to do for the game to be considered "in" or "delivered" or otherwise presented as a completed entry in NaNoRenO?

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#107 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Plotline_Progenitor wrote:Wish I'd noticed this thread earlier, would have been nice to share the experience with everyone else, nice to meet you all and I hope you all did well

Also I was wondering, is posting the game in the completed games section all you have to do for the game to be considered "in" or "delivered" or otherwise presented as a completed entry in NaNoRenO?
You can do that or upload it on itchio for the jam, or even do both. It's completely up to you.
ImageImageImageImage

BáiYù
Regular
Completed: This Life Escapes Me, Up All Night, Lotus: The Self-Made Witch
Projects: Various
Organization: tofurocks, Fiendish Fiction, Spider Lily Studios
Github: baiyu-dev
itch: tofurocks

#108 Post by BáiYù »

Hello all, I'm interested in playing and reviewing this year's NaNo games on my tumblr. I can provide constructive criticism and thoughts on how to improve your future games along with the review. I know some creators are sensitive to these types of reviews however, so I'd like to ask permission to include the extra bit or if you'd like it in a PM instead.

If anyone wants me to play their game, contact me via PM or reply here and I'll be sure to make time for you.

Nylan
Regular
Completed: Segmentation_Fault (Nano16)
Projects: Currently free
Organization: MagicEngineering

#109 Post by Nylan »

Well, my first game (Segmentation_Fault) got a really bad review. I wouldn't mind a second opinion, so I can either feel better or learn where it all went wrong for next time. :lol:

Sometimes it is hard to get a feel for how well you communicated the themes, I think.

Lodratio
Regular
Projects: S P H I N X

#110 Post by Lodratio »

Is it okay to post updates on projects in the Nano forum now that the contest is over? Or should people who are still working on their entry (i.e. me) make a new thread under WIP?

Fuseblower
Regular
Projects: Mall Macabre, Slushball Slasher, Doomed Diner, Tenkeiteki Tokyo
itch: fuseblower

#111 Post by Fuseblower »

Lodratio wrote:Is it okay to post updates on projects in the Nano forum now that the contest is over? Or should people who are still working on their entry (i.e. me) make a new thread under WIP?
I second that question. I'm still working on it too. And it will take me an additional month at least to finish it.

There's also a third option : to move the thread to another forum ("Works in Progress" or "WiP: Short Noncommercial Games").

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#112 Post by Taleweaver »

Lodratio wrote:Is it okay to post updates on projects in the Nano forum now that the contest is over? Or should people who are still working on their entry (i.e. me) make a new thread under WIP?
No, keep your entries where they are. Just don't start any new threads in the NaNo subforum.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

korova
Veteran
Completed: Ivy, Chocolate, Time, Clair Obscur
Projects: Writing exercises, The House [Nano18]
Tumblr: korova08
itch: korova

#113 Post by korova »

Taleweaver wrote:
No, keep your entries where they are. Just don't start any new threads in the NaNo subforum.
I'm a bit puzzled here. I worked on a project during March for Nanoreno, but I didn't dare to open a thread in Nano subforum as I was very unsure to achieve anything.
Now I finally put together a demo for my game, but I don't know where to put that.
"Completed games" doesn't seem appropriate, as the demo is just 1/2 the game. Still it IS a nanoreno game (demo was made from March 1st), but it seems a bit late to open a thread in Nano subforum...

What should I do ?

mobychan
Veteran
Projects: The Chosen - Sakura Pink & Gentian Blue
Organization: Foresoft

#114 Post by mobychan »

Why don't you put it into WIP?
It's still a Work in Progress, isn't it?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#115 Post by Donmai »

korova, I would suggest you http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=45
And tell people you made it for NaNo, but...
I was also working on a NaNoRenO entry in silence, but then I announced it in the very last minutes...
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

KittyWills
Regular
Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
Organization: KKBGames

#116 Post by KittyWills »

Taleweaver wrote:
Would you prefer we keep updating in the Nano forums? We pulled our game half way through Nano since it turned out to be far more work then planned. We're still updating info and working on it though. Should we request an admin to have it moved to the WIP forum?

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#117 Post by Alte »

NaNoRenO Games List got updated and NaNoRenO Tips & Miscellany is now available.
Total of Games - 2016: 78 | 2015: 64
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.