Last Visual Novel You Played?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
RalphSenpai
Completed: Best Friends
Projects: Sweet and Spices (NaNo'16)
Organization: Pastelle Studios

Re: Last Visual Novel You Played?

#16 Post by RalphSenpai »

I played Ripples. Even though it was short, it made my cry! Seriously that was so touching! :cry:
BOOKS AND GAMES ARE LOVE!
Find our games here:

FonaCall
Regular
Projects: Bahay Kubo, Tower of Saviors Cries of Soul
Organization: Black Eared Games
Tumblr: blackearedgames
Deviantart: fonacall
Soundcloud: fona-call

#17 Post by FonaCall »

I can't really remember the last VN I played (because I replay some of them for review-making), but the last one I downloaded and played (for the first time) was the demo of A Hand in the Darkness, an 18+ BL VN by Ertal77. I found the guy whose route I got into very intriguing.

Some parts scared me too. Haha! Didn't know there was horror there.

- Piet
SO MANY GAMES, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

Brainstorming for the following:
My Seven Deadly Friends | the rest of the ideas

JhazyJazz
Regular
Completed: Best Friends

#18 Post by JhazyJazz »

Um.. Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet!
It's a cute GxG game that's all about friendship! :D
I support:
Completed Games:

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

#19 Post by MimirollCookie »

DokiDokiDollmaker wrote:I started to play Dramatical Murder, but I am FAR from finished...
Nana7 wrote:I started to play Cupid again, since it was released in steam, but I also bought Fault Milestone and I'm loving both! Since I like to play more than one with different vibes at the same time, I'm also playing Little Witch Romanesque and it's reallyyyy cute, it's inspiring me a lot for Nanoreno.

I've never really played a lot of VNs (just some android ones), so I'm 'entering' in this world now and would love recomendations of good indie VNs xD
lin-06 wrote:DYNAMIC CHORD feat.[rêve parfait] Append Disc! Only finished Reon's route so far, I want to do the other routes asap~
fmjaye wrote:I'm playing Lamento right now. This game is crazy long. I mean't do to the shortest route first (also my favorite character's route) but somehow I made a mistake and I'm in the midst of the Longest Route Ever. OTL It's fun though! I really like it! :'D
Biomass wrote:World End Economica
sunasrose wrote:Devil on a G String. Definitely one of my faves!
YzzaPizzaIsCheezy wrote:Played 2 VNs today.
Mira's Magical Mishap and Sacred Sand both made by SilverHyena! :D

Mira's Magical Mishap is a cute GxG game focusing on Odette and has no bad ends! :D
Sacred Sand has a richer plot than Mira's Magical Mishap. But I like them both overall. :)
RalphSenpai wrote:I played Ripples. Even though it was short, it made my cry! Seriously that was so touching! :cry:
FonaCall wrote:I can't really remember the last VN I played (because I replay some of them for review-making), but the last one I downloaded and played (for the first time) was the demo of A Hand in the Darkness, an 18+ BL VN by Ertal77. I found the guy whose route I got into very intriguing.

Some parts scared me too. Haha! Didn't know there was horror there.

- Piet
JhazyJazz wrote:Um.. Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet!
It's a cute GxG game that's all about friendship! :D
@DokiDokiDollMaker
Seems really cool vn!

@Nana7
I'm not a fan of goth so I didn't played it. :( But I hope you enjoyed it. :D Fault Milestone looks like a very cute vn. Too bad I don't have money. :( BTW, What's Little Witch Romanesque? *u* But I'm glad it inspired you for NaNo! (Because Melusine is soo cute! TOO Cute!)

Some recommendations, eh? Try Sepia Tears. *w*

@lin-06
DYNAMIC CHORD feat.[rêve parfait] Append Disc looks cool but still I didn't saw it. XD But I hope you enjoyed it! :)

@fmjaye
What's Lamento? *u*

@Biomass
World End Economica? That seems like a cool vn.

@sunasrose
Devil on a G String!? KYA! Demons!

@YzzaPizzaIsCheezy
Definitely loved that VNs too!!! They're so many fluff in them!

@RalphSenpai
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: (Dem feels)

@FonaCall
No comment. ^_^;

@JhazyJazz
That game is SO fluffy!

-----------------------------------------------------------
The last VN I played is................................ The Yule Fabulous!
That game is so FAB! (Seems legit XD)
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by MimirollCookie »

Sippin' my hot Nutella while playing Soul & Heart. *u*
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:

FonaCall
Regular

#21 Post by FonaCall »

Nana7 wrote:I started to play Cupid again, since it was released in steam, but I also bought Fault Milestone and I'm loving both! Since I like to play more than one with different vibes at the same time, I'm also playing Little Witch Romanesque and it's reallyyyy cute, it's inspiring me a lot for Nanoreno.

I've never really played a lot of VNs (just some android ones), so I'm 'entering' in this world now and would love recomendations of good indie VNs xD

Recommendations...?

Well, I am loving the Re:Set series by Memento Mori Productions (I still haven't finished playing Episode 3...), and also the Ex Astris series by Cera L. Hendry. Ex Astris is a kinetic novel, though. But for me who is not really into KNs, that one is something worth reading.

19 Hours by nanna4673 is also pretty good, if you like dark themes.

If you want yuri, for some reason, and I'm not really into it (I'm scared of girls and I can't understand girl x girl sex), you could try Sugar's Delight by Neko Soft. Note: Don't try the cake scene IRL, for the love of humanity.

Lol, I'm not playing anything new yet. I will once NaNoRenO 2016 ends, though.

- Piet

For those who are freelance VN staff and also for those who are VN team leaders, please read this. Inform yourselves. Thank you.

Status: More or less busy with IRL work and finishing a game in time for Halloween Jam in itch.io

DokiDokiDollmaker
Regular
Completed: Doki Doki Dollmaker
Tumblr: dokidokidollmaker
itch: karitsa

#22 Post by DokiDokiDollmaker »

I started to play Dramatical Murder, but I am far from finishing it! I haven't even met all the characters yet. Wish I had more time to play!!

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by MimirollCookie »

DokiDokiDollmaker wrote:I started to play Dramatical Murder, but I am far from finishing it! I haven't even met all the characters yet. Wish I had more time to play!!
You can do it. :)

Krel
Regular

#24 Post by Krel »

CLANNAD, since it came out on Steam. It took 75 hours to finish, but totally worth it. So many feels...

MoonByte
Regular
Completed: Shine (RPG Maker), Heroes (RPG Maker), Lantern Bearer (RPG Maker), Loop the Loop (Unity), Other Stars (Unreal), Sky Eye (RPG Maker), WIN Delivery & Fateful (Ren'Py)
Projects: Weird Is Normal (Ren'Py)

#25 Post by MoonByte »

Ristorante Amore.
I really just love that games premise with the prologue and post-prologue.

Amecha
Regular

#26 Post by Amecha »

If it counts I'm currently playing a good number of the Shall We Date "free" apps.

FonaCall
Regular

#27 Post by FonaCall »

Amecha wrote:If it counts I'm currently playing a good number of the Shall We Date "free" apps.
I think it counts. Hehehe, been playing them too. Which ones are you playing, to be specific? Just curious.

- Piet

Amecha
Regular

#28 Post by Amecha »

FonaCall wrote:
Amecha wrote:If it counts I'm currently playing a good number of the Shall We Date "free" apps.
I think it counts. Hehehe, been playing them too. Which ones are you playing, to be specific? Just curious.

- Piet
The majority of them. Destiny Ninja 2+, Wizardess Heart+, Ninja Assassin+, Ninja Love+, Destiny Ninja+, Magic Sword+, Angel or Devil+, Mononoke Kiss+, and Blood Roses+. I just downloaded all of the ones I could find in the app store and started playing them. I was playing My Sweet Prince+ and chose Nagit cause I didn't like any of the other characters but I didn't end up liking Nagit's character too much so uninstalled that one. I think I'm enjoying Destiny Ninja 2 the most right now although I'm super fed up with the character I'm on a route with and waiting until I finish it so I can switch off to another one. I think I have a few more story sections to read.

MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by MimirollCookie »

Amecha wrote:
FonaCall wrote:

- Piet
The majority of them. Destiny Ninja 2+, Wizardess Heart+, Ninja Assassin+, Ninja Love+, Destiny Ninja+, Magic Sword+, Angel or Devil+, Mononoke Kiss+, and Blood Roses+. I just downloaded all of the ones I could find in the app store and started playing them. I was playing My Sweet Prince+ and chose Nagit cause I didn't like any of the other characters but I didn't end up liking Nagit's character too much so uninstalled that one. I think I'm enjoying Destiny Ninja 2 the most right now although I'm super fed up with the character I'm on a route with and waiting until I finish it so I can switch off to another one. I think I have a few more story sections to read.
I played Angel or Devil+. :D

FonaCall
Regular

#30 Post by FonaCall »

Amecha wrote:
FonaCall wrote:

- Piet
Wow, that's a lot. I only got to play the Facebook versions of Destiny Ninja 2 (I chose Kikyo), Wizardess Heart (I chose Yukiya), and Blood in Roses (I chose Jack), cause I don't have a mobile device I can play the rest on. I haven't finished any routes lol.

Yeah, out of all of them, Destiny Ninja 2 is the one I enjoy most too, although Blood in Roses is a very close second (only got put off by the fact that I ended up with too little in-game currency to buy myself the item I need to advance to the next chapter and I didn't want to go beauty pageant and stuff. Hahahahaha).

- Piet