Help me find a lost game title/creator! (Solved)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zumi
Regular

Help me find a lost game title/creator! (Solved)

#1 Post by Zumi »

EDIT: FOUND IT
Okay, so I ridiculously off, except for a couple points. The creator is lannako. Their first game, Perfect Nightmare, was actually not officially? completed. I guess I thought it was at the time, because it was actually the whole story, just not polished (iirc it seemed pretty done to me, but that's up to the creator, I suppose).

I remember Unteachable! having some sort of an official release, though. I guess they didn't make an actual topic here for that, just on deviantArt? Oops, sorry!

However, it looks like lannako disappeared everywhere, all the images in both threads were deleted, and every download link is broken, so it's not that great of a revelation.

Thank you everyone for the help!

---

Hello! I frequented these forums a lot during 2009-2012 through mostly lurking, so what I'm looking for is most likely from that time.

I remember a game creator whose art style I really enjoyed, but I can no longer recall the title of their games, or their name. My memory is pretty hazy, given the amount of time that's passed, and all the art/games I've played and seen since then. Also, my memory is just bad.

All I remember is that their first game was very colorful and cartoony. It featured at least 3 characters. The art may have been lineless? One of the other characters was some sort of monster or demon and had... purple hair? They might have been male?? I feel like the it had more than one installment, but I don't know for sure. The second game/series was in a school setting? The colors were a lot more toned-down compared to the first series, and you could play as a girl or boy... I think.

I remember having them favorited on deviantART, but at some point, the creator took them down, and I removed the locked/whatever deviation; really wish I hadn't. I know it's not much to go on, but hopefully someone can help me!
Last edited by Zumi on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Template Maker for Ren'Py, What Life
Github: lunalucid
Soundcloud: LunaLucidMusic
itch: lunalucid

Re: Help me find a lost game title/creator!

#2 Post by namastaii »

Were the games finished? and posted to here? Or was it under development

Zumi
Regular

#3 Post by Zumi »

namastaii wrote:Were the games finished? and posted to here? Or was it under development
They were both finished and posted to here!

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by namastaii »

Hmm it sounds rather tedious but you could just go to the 'completed games' thread and start from posts in the beginning of your time line (2009) and just look through there and work you way up to 2012 lol

Zumi
Regular

#5 Post by Zumi »

The problem with that is (as far as I can tell) is that it sorts based on the date of the lastest reply to the thread, not the thread creation date, so I'm not sure how to isolate the threads that were created in 2009-2012.

namastaii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by namastaii »

As far as I can tell, most of the replies seem to stop within the same time frame. If someone happened to reply to a post from forever ago right now, then you might miss it but I honestly think it's unlikely.

Spiky Caterpillar
Veteran
Completed: Lots.
Projects: Black Closet
Organization: Slipshod

#7 Post by Spiky Caterpillar »

If it is (or might be) a Ren'Py game, I'd start with http://games.renpy.org/year/2009 . If it's not a Ren'Py game, VNDB can sort by release date, though it's a lot harder to search since it tries to cover everything.
Nom nom nom nom nom LEAVES.

Zumi
Regular

#8 Post by Zumi »

It was a Ren'Py game, but I've looked through the archive and it's not there. Are all Ren'Py games catalogued in the archives?

I wish I remembered more. :( I'll try looking through VNDB as well, though. I think the creator may have just taken down all of their games years ago, because they were pursuing other interests.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#9 Post by papillon »

The obvious starting points for old deviantart-style games would be pacthesis or nummyz, both of whom used to make flash dating games... I think they're still around, though?

Zumi
Regular

#10 Post by Zumi »

I don't think it was necessarily deviantart-styled. Their games were posted here first, and then just crossposted there, I think? They were definitely not flash and was made in Ren'Py tho, and they had a story and weren't centered around dating iirc. The second one just had that as an option, but my memory is bad, so I dunno.