Troubles Abound

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
optimus160
Ultimate Lemma One

Troubles Abound

#1 Post by optimus160 »

*clear throat*
I call together the legions of lemma...
It seems the 'Game-Making Guy' is suffered from a common... but deadly syndrome... lack of woman... horrible isnt it...
I propose that anyone who knows any female, single or otherwise, in the Northern Oregons regions, please talk to Lemma. The man needs help...
Lemma needs salvation... The juices are running low...!!!....!!!
We must save him for not only the good of the community but for the good of Lemma HIMSELF!!!...!!!~~
Thank you...

This message was brought to you be me... a concerned persons
PHEAR THE POWER OF THE ULTIMATE LEMMA ONE

Visit my DeviantArt page for stuff!

Tage
Regular

#2 Post by Tage »

:shock: This is terrible!! I don't know anyone in that region! :cry:

Erik
Regular

#3 Post by Erik »

Poor BL.. I don't know anyone on the region either :(

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#4 Post by Sai »

Better to let things happen naturally I say. Becoming friends with a person, getting to know them well, and then going on from there is a much better way than saying "WOMAN. HERE. NOW" and dropping by the local pub with a fishing rod to "hook a catch" then hoping by some pure luck that you'll have anything in common. It's one way but I just think it's more awkward and forced than simply meeting a friend that you grow to understand and love for them rather than the fact they appear to be of a female gender o.o But that's just my opinion and I'm only one person o_o
In the meantime being happy with ones independance is the best solution. No reason why you HAVE to have "someone" merely for the sake of having "someone".

So.... I guess I'll just scurry off then and let this thread continue with the "woman hunting" >_> *is too serious for this thread*

Good luck Lemma with someday meeting someone you can identify with/understand and appreciate, and who will appreciate you for who you are (it's the best way I believe) ^_^

Tage
Regular

#5 Post by Tage »

:) Yah, I think so too...whether my word has any credit now or not, I dunno :D I was just joking anyway... o.o yah... :shock:

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#6 Post by rioka »

Wish I could help but these things take time. If you can find one, I suggest a temporary fix: anime pillow of your favorite female character. Otherwise, I agree with Sai.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#7 Post by mikey »

Sai wrote:...let this thread continue with the "woman hunting" >_> ...
Respect the rules. Don't hunt and kill with guns and set cheap traps, then chop off the head, put in in the trophy room and throw away the rest. Take a walk through the forest, show honest interest in its inhabitants and though it will take more time to come closer to them, they'll reward you with true love.
The preceding paragraph was sponsored by Metaphores Monthly - your magazine for saying what you wanted to say while saying something else.
eclipse wrote:...Otherwise, I agree with Sai. ...
Oh yes, that's the other way of putting it...

Tage
Regular

#8 Post by Tage »

Have you ever tried getting lost in the woods with a woman? I've heard it can turn out well. :D Just stay away from wild... Eh... nevermind... It's better to just stay out of the woods! :shock: Well, you could try... wait... why am I trying to give advice to someone that didn't ask for any?! ¬_¬; And even if I did give you advice...stay away from it... It's best not to take any advice from someone that has been isolated from the world for eight or so years... :?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#9 Post by Blue Lemma »

:shock:

When I read the topic title "Troubles Abound", I thought it would be about the site getting hacked again, not..... this :shock: :oops: :lol:

Overall, I agree with Sai, too, but I also think it's hard for some to understand the frustration that can accumulate over time with one's romantic situation (or lack thereof ^_^) I've been meeting more girls lately, though, and although nothing's happened yet, it's fun :D It's true that my situation doesn't help the ren'ai juices flow, though. :?

I guess I'll keep floating along for the time being... but if there are any girls around here who'd like to meet up sometime, don't be shy :wink:

btw, optimus is a lucky guy in this department :wink:

Tage
Regular

#10 Post by Tage »

:o :o :o :o :o
renai juices... that just sounds odd every time I hear it. :lol:

You don't need it anyway, lol. =P *in denial* :roll:

woo... 200 members on the board... and, maybe... 15 active ones? =D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

Tage wrote:woo... 200 members on the board... and, maybe... 15 active ones? =D
... only two of which are girls... this isn't exactly the place to look, Lemma... :D :D

Still, I admire your ability to share such a personal thing. I'd be embarrassed to no end! :oops: You know, this is not to say that I... that I don't... aaaaaah!!! (*runs away*)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#12 Post by chronoluminaire »

When I read the start of this thread (and thought for a moment that people were serious :shock: ), the first thought to cross my mind was "You know, for a forum dedicated to romance and evocative depictions of loving relationships of the heart, you'd have hoped we could be a bit more refined about things..." ;)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by mikey »

chronoluminaire wrote:When I read the start of this thread (and thought for a moment that people were serious :shock: ), the first thought to cross my mind was "You know, for a forum dedicated to romance and evocative depictions of loving relationships of the heart, you'd have hoped we could be a bit more refined about things..." ;)
*enters serious mode*
But what's there to say? My opinion in all honesty? Personally, I'd never do it like that. I would not even create the Fan Connection section. Just imagining being in a position like that - a girl posting a message "if you are interested, email me"... I would not reply. It really has something unemotional and "free for all" in it, I'd feel that she's not interested in meeting me but meeting a(ny) guy, an offer cold like the one in your local grocery store, take it or leave it...
(But it's really nothing personal, I've seen posts like that on my home forum, it's just that it's not my way, for the reasons above.)
Also, my home forum has several couples that emerged from it, but it has many many members, is very active and most of the people live in the same city (capital). Plus, there are get-togethers and anime screenings the club organizes, so most people (if they do) hook up IRL while knowing something about the other one from the forum.

*enters normal mode*
Like that?

Tage
Regular

#14 Post by Tage »

I agree that posting a want-ad for a gf/bf won't work for lasting relationships, but some people aren't looking for lasting relationships. :roll: I, for one, will never post one nor respond to one. Now, if it's a want-ad for a friend to talk to, maybe then. As for online relationships in general...Years ago, it would have seemed absurd that someone could fall in love with someone they've never met in "real life." Not only was not knowing them in "real life" a "problem," but you would also be miiiiiles away from eachother. The only thing connecting you two is conversation. This makes an online relationship muuuch more difficult to nurture. But, if you do find that one person...it doesn't matter that it's an online relationship. You two make it work. You can fall in love with someone you've never met in "real life" to the point of marriage. I personally know that is a fact.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by mikey »

My best friend is getting married with his internet-found love. :wink:
All the best! :P