If you were a witch...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

If you were a witch...

#1 Post by monele »

If you were a (cute & young) witch in a fantasy world, living in a small wood with a nearby lake, what would the highlights of a regular day be? And what would be one or two peculiar happenings during the last two months?
Pool of themes : magic (hexes, divination), alchemy, nature, animals, people asking for services.

(this is both for fun and maybe inspiration)

Jake
Support Hero

Re: If you were a witch...

#2 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:If you were a (cute & young) witch in a fantasy world, living in a small wood with a nearby lake, what would the highlights of a regular day be?
Hmm. First answer that comes to mind: Stealing Borrowing books, sleeping, bugging the shrine maiden, eating, bugging the storekeeper, sleeping, running a magic shop, hunting youkai. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#3 Post by F.I.A »

monele wrote:If you were a (cute & young) witch in a fantasy world, living in a small wood with a nearby lake, what would the highlights of a regular day be?
Hmm. Second answer that comes to mind: Reading books, sleeping while preventing a vampire friend from sucking her blood, drinking coffee, learning new spells to handle intruders, protecting library, rearing cats, waiting for Fuyucomi. ;-)
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

Tending the animals (bees. sheep. a goat. things that produce useful supplies for a young witch on her own)

Tending the garden (weeding and watering herbs and vegetables, possibly harvesting)

Foraging (Hello, lovely mushrooms! You want to be in my salad! Ooo, a shiny rock.)

Practising magic (I summon a hot bishie elf! Oops... I got a sunflower again.)

Divining (Checking the crystal ball for a weather forecast... and my fortune in love?)

Making Stuff (Charms, potions, and baking. A girl's gotta eat!)

Helping Visitors (And probably needing to make house calls occasionally, to uncurse cows)

Bathing (I have a lake, of course I go naked in it!)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by musical74 »

these are great!

Few things that come to mind...

Practicing Potions: OK today's the day we make successfully make a cureall <BOOM!> or......maybe not....

Praticing Magic: a witch without magic? I think not! <BOOM! OK need to work on the magic still...instead of a lovely faerie I got a sand creature>

Expanding the library: Girl's gotta read!

Searching for rare and exotic items: Ummmm sorry, that's a common wildflower! What about this one? Maybe this is a rare one?

Helping visitors: Gotta dispel the rumor that witches are unhelpful and only out for themselves...besides some of those visitors are CUTE....
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#6 Post by LVUER »

Daily lives:
- Practicing how to eat using chopsticks (or may be including cooking, cleaning, etc); since usually you use magics (and you don't know how to do it manually)
- Practicing how to chop woods using axe. Using magic will burn them to ashes.
- Searching for some handsome and nice guys who don't afraid of witch. The problem is, there is no such around (the near-by villagers are paranoid).
- Practicing how to spell those difficult words without biting your tongue that needed to spell some difficult magic. The problem is... you barely able to speak.
- Breeding variety of magical and super cute talking animals that very tasty. The problem, again, is they are to cute for you to eat them.

Events :
- One mighty but pervert demon comes to you and ask you to marry him. You only have 2 months before answering him. So you either give up and say "yes" or practice like hell to beat the crap out of the demon.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by DaFool »

Just a quick answer for now... if you aren't watching Mahokoto - Natsusora you're missing out. Sora Suzuki has got to be the moest anime character in recent history, and she has magic powers (dunno if mage != witch but whatever). Nevermind the modern setting, just bask in her innocent charm and genuine effort to do good in society, and you will restore the essence of Magbou. (which is what you're trying to do?)

And (NSFW)this rocks big time btw.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by monele »

Wow, thanks everyone ^_^... and keep'em coming, you never know what could happen :) *notes down notes down*

DaFool : seems like I'm missing out then ;) I'll have to check this out :). I suppose Kiki's Delivery Service is well known in that genre too (and it's rural but modern too).

Aah, Romanesque is actually what inspired MagBou, huhu ^__^. If someone makes it in english someday, I'll be *very* happy :).

As for what I'm trying to do... not sure yet. Had a sudden idea (looked into cute witches a few months ago) and wanted to see what people were expecting from such a setting :). Pretty close to what I had in mind, all quiet and close-to-nature life ^_^.... Didn't think of naked bathing but I'm going to keep that high on the list XD
Actually, if there are people wanting to write stuff for this setting, PM me :)

Nebi
Regular
Projects: Greaves

#9 Post by Nebi »

Well, if I were a witch - Evangeline from Negima comes to mind - I would see two immediate problems:

1) The forest is too plain. My domain would need to be designed so that I have a place to myself for studies, a place to practice black magic, a small cave for my underling (see paragraph two), and a room with a large dresser for all the clothing in my possession. A cute girl has to keep up with the latest fashion trends, after all - not to mention clothes for all seasons.

2) No underlings to grovel at my feet. I would have corrupted a sickeningly cute animal living in the woods and turned it into my creature/slave. OR make some poor peasant boy my slave by holding his sister hostage...or something like that. :)

Highlights of the day. Hrm. Terrorizing a nearby village; stealing their livestock just to toss them somewhere else. (what would I do with livestock? They stink.) Laugh all evil-like.

Butting heads with the hero; whoever that may be. (and torturing his/her friends - mwuhahaha)

Check my email. Laugh all evil-like.

Kidnap some random King's daughter and watch him squirm at my feet. Laugh all evil-like.

Turn good wizards into frogs. Laugh all evil-like.

Eat parfait. :D~

I could go on forever?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by monele »

Ah, interesting, the first evil witch to come up so far :). How many others would like to be a subjectively hexing witch with minions and stuff, wreaking havoc on villages and cursing most?
I was mostly thinking of a cute and nice witch in a very quiet atmosphere so far, but hey, why not :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#11 Post by papillon »

A valley with two witchy rivals, one cutesy-goody, one cackly-evil, who occasionally send each other owl-attacks!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#12 Post by DaFool »

papillon wrote:A valley with two witchy rivals, one cutesy-goody, one cackly-evil, who occasionally send each other owl-attacks!
Idea seconded, only make the 'evil witch' either a tsundere or a Rei-type character. Make the dynamics between them sort of yuri-ish, like Nanoha and Fate. Then have a story in each POV. So that means you'd have to divide the activities people suggested here equally between good-ish tasks and bad-ish tasks, and create a sim/KN/whatever you had in mind.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Showsni »

I wouldn't be a witch for anything. Your soul is important, and no amount of powers in this life are worth selling yourself to the devil for eternity...

I suppose witches spend their time worshipping satan, dancing naked with other witches in black masses, corrupting innocent people, blighting crops and animals, causing illness and disease, consorting with demons, flying broomsticks up chimneys, and so on...

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#14 Post by papillon »

Witch != Satanist generally, unless you specifically want to be doing an Inquisition-themed story....

Salem Witch Trials, The VN! Er.

Jake
Support Hero

#15 Post by Jake »

papillon wrote:Salem Witch Trials, The VN! Er.
You say this, but I've been wondering for a little while how well The Crucible would work as a VN... being already written for the stage it has a head-start, of course. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found