Where would you go for a Visual Novel Review?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Hourglass776
Completed: NONE
Projects: Unable to Give Information about
Organization: Our Thought Bubble
IRC Nick: Kris
Soundcloud: N/A

Where would you go for a Visual Novel Review?

#1 Post by Hourglass776 »

I've been thinking about making Reviews for Visual novels I play here. So I have but the Problem I'm having Is finding a good place to Put these reviews where more people will seem them and get interested. Does anyone wanna share ideas of where a good place might be and where you would most likely do to? Plus I've been thinking of doing Interviews with the creators or members of the development teams to see if I can get more insight on how the team was formed and how development went. I already did with one visual novel and I have the review for it but again now place to put it. Throw Ideas at me I'd like to hear them ^^

KittyWills
Regular
Projects: e·phem·er·al, Aeronaut
Organization: KKBGames

Re: Where would you go for a Visual Novel Review?

#2 Post by KittyWills »

Tumblr, LJ, Youtube. All have pretty decent VN communities. I think it just comes down to preference and what site works best for your review style.

Hourglass776

#3 Post by Hourglass776 »

KittyWills wrote:Tumblr, LJ, Youtube. All have pretty decent VN communities. I think it just comes down to preference and what site works best for your review style.
I would do Youtube but I don't feel really ready to start video editing and all that but I feel if I grow popular enough ill start doing Vn reviews and interviews on youtube.
Tumblr Was my most likely ideal place to start it but I want to know that people will go to it when I Start it as Tumblr, much like Twitter, Can be really one sided where you can notice people but you can get hardly noticed.
and I don't know what LJ is really so could to explain?

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#4 Post by Dreamgazer »

Hi, Hourglass776. I think it's great you found something you want to do. Aside from the platforms that KittyWills mentioned (in which LJ stood for livejournal), there's also wordpress and Google Plus.

But I do believe that the best place to put up your reviews is the place you're most active on - the site you're happy to visit most. Truth is, there's no magic spell for popularity. Success is typically born out of persistence and hard work. Keep putting up reviews, maintaining a consistent schedule, and talking to people who would be interested in this. Adding it to FuwaNovel's review hub may also be helpful.

You mentioned that tumblr was your ideal place to start, so I would personally advise going with your instincts. Of course, I see no reason why you can't post it on more than one place and see how people react. However, do what feels right for you. :) I wish you the best of luck and, to tell you the truth, I'm quite curious to read your review. I know how hard marketing can be, but if you keep at it, I'm sure you'll find it all worth it.

Oh, and if you ask me, I'm fine with reading visual novel reviews on just about any site as long as it's safe, legible, and I know where to find it.
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#5 Post by Caveat Lector »

ADVaNCE.vnovel.com (which I'm a part of, but haven't posted to for a while) is always looking for more VN/narrative-based game reviewers! If you like, I could direct you to talk with someone? :)

There's also evn.moe, which is new, and focuses primarily around reviewing OELVN's based around their own merits
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Hourglass776

#6 Post by Hourglass776 »

Caveat Lector wrote:ADVaNCE.vnovel.com (which I'm a part of, but haven't posted to for a while) is always looking for more VN/narrative-based game reviewers! If you like, I could direct you to talk with someone? :)

There's also evn.moe, which is new, and focuses primarily around reviewing OELVN's based around their own merits
That would be perfect , I think hanging out and talking with professionals will give me an idea where to start and while I'm at it Ill try to start on my own. Thank you soo much!!